[Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

[Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Andrea Cosentino-2
Hello all,

We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime

The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.

We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1

We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.

Any thoughts?

Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

lburgazzoli
+1

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

+1

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 9:32 AM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Dmitry Volodin
+1
it's a very good idea to split different types of the code in separate repos
--
Best regards,
Dmitry Volodin

чт, 21 февр. 2019 г. в 11:32, Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]>:

> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may
> be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k
> repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central
> the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

I just have a quick question for the submodule of camel-k-runtime.
If we release the camel-k-runtime separately, do we need to put the
camel-k-runtime into camel-k repo as a submodule?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

astefanutti
+1

> On 21 Feb 2019, at 09:32, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

We'll add the submodule to the camel-k repo just for time being, until we release the 0.2.1 to Central.
Then we'll remove the submodule and use the dependecies directly
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: [hidden email]: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

 Hi,

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

lburgazzoli
It is an interim solution till we have all the bits ready so we do not
break the project

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 10:10, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just have a quick question for the submodule of camel-k-runtime.
> If we release the camel-k-runtime separately, do we need to put the
> camel-k-runtime into camel-k repo as a submodule?
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
> >
> > The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we
> may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k
> repository as dependency.
> >
> > We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central
> the 0.2.1
> >
> > We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Andrea Cosentino
> > ----------------------------------
> > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > Apache Karaf Committer
> > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > Email: [hidden email]
> > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > Github: oscerd

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Here my +1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 5:22 PM Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is an interim solution till we have all the bits ready so we do not
> break the project
>
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 10:10, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just have a quick question for the submodule of camel-k-runtime.
> > If we release the camel-k-runtime separately, do we need to put the
> > camel-k-runtime into camel-k repo as a submodule?
> >

> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Twitter: willemjiang
> > Weibo: 姜宁willem
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Andrea Cosentino
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
> > >
> > > The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we
> > may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k
> > repository as dependency.
> > >
> > > We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central
> > the 0.2.1
> > >
> > > We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > Andrea Cosentino
> > > ----------------------------------
> > > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > > Apache Karaf Committer
> > > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > > Email: [hidden email]
> > > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > > Github: oscerd

> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Andrea Cosentino-2
Thanks eveybody.

--
Andrea Cosentino