Camel & NiFi

skin27
Wrote a tech blog on using Camel with Apache NiFi:

https://medium.com/@raymondmeester/using-camel-and-nifi-in-one-solution-c7668fafe451

I thought I share it here,

Raymond

Re: Camel & NiFi

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Raymond

Thanks for sharing this with the Camel community.

I am adding a link to the blog from our articles web page

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 8:14 AM ski n <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wrote a tech blog on using Camel with Apache NiFi:
>
> https://medium.com/@raymondmeester/using-camel-and-nifi-in-one-solution-c7668fafe451
>
> I thought I share it here,
>
> Raymond

Re: Camel & NiFi

fabryprog
Camel and NiFi...... 😍

I used both in enterprise projects.

For common people both framework could be similar BUT there is a big
difference.

Resiliency level!

NiFi saves every message to disk to reach high consistency level.

In apache camel message are fast, light but volatile.

I forward a question to you..... how to create the same resiliency level in
camel? How to save (and resume) the flow every restart?

Kind regards !!!

Fabrizio

Il Mar 26 Mag 2020, 20:32 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi Raymond
>
> Thanks for sharing this with the Camel community.
>
> I am adding a link to the blog from our articles web page
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 8:14 AM ski n <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Wrote a tech blog on using Camel with Apache NiFi:
> >

> https://medium.com/@raymondmeester/using-camel-and-nifi-in-one-solution-c7668fafe451
> >
> > I thought I share it here,
> >
> > Raymond

Re: Camel & NiFi

jbonofre
Hi,

You can use ActiveMQ with persistent message between routes, it creates kind of resilience.
It’s what I’m doing with most of my users/projects. It allows to resume and persist.

Regards
JB

> Le 26 mai 2020 à 20:54, FabryProg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Camel and NiFi...... 😍
>
> I used both in enterprise projects.
>
> For common people both framework could be similar BUT there is a big
> difference.
>
> Resiliency level!
>
> NiFi saves every message to disk to reach high consistency level.
>
> In apache camel message are fast, light but volatile.
>
> I forward a question to you..... how to create the same resiliency level in
> camel? How to save (and resume) the flow every restart?
>
> Kind regards !!!
>
> Fabrizio
>
> Il Mar 26 Mag 2020, 20:32 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Raymond
>>
>> Thanks for sharing this with the Camel community.
>>
>> I am adding a link to the blog from our articles web page
>>
>> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 8:14 AM ski n <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wrote a tech blog on using Camel with Apache NiFi:
>>>

>> https://medium.com/@raymondmeester/using-camel-and-nifi-in-one-solution-c7668fafe451
>>>
>>> I thought I share it here,
>>>
>>> Raymond
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Camel & NiFi

fabryprog
Thanks.

I'll implements a mock example soon as possible.

Have a good day!

Fabrizio

Il Mer 27 Mag 2020, 06:13 Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> You can use ActiveMQ with persistent message between routes, it creates
> kind of resilience.
> It’s what I’m doing with most of my users/projects. It allows to resume
> and persist.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 26 mai 2020 à 20:54, FabryProg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Camel and NiFi...... 😍
> >
> > I used both in enterprise projects.
> >
> > For common people both framework could be similar BUT there is a big
> > difference.
> >
> > Resiliency level!
> >
> > NiFi saves every message to disk to reach high consistency level.
> >
> > In apache camel message are fast, light but volatile.
> >
> > I forward a question to you..... how to create the same resiliency level
> in
> > camel? How to save (and resume) the flow every restart?
> >
> > Kind regards !!!
> >
> > Fabrizio
> >
> > Il Mar 26 Mag 2020, 20:32 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
> >
> >> Hi Raymond
> >>
> >> Thanks for sharing this with the Camel community.
> >>
> >> I am adding a link to the blog from our articles web page

> https://medium.com/@raymondmeester/using-camel-and-nifi-in-one-solution-c7668fafe451

> >> --
> >> Claus Ibsen
> >> -----------------
> >> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> >> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Camel & NiFi

skin27
Thanks for the positive feedback.

On the resilience topic. In NiFi the concept is based on data provenance
and nodes. This functionality is built-in. As I wrote on my blog this is
because NiFi follows very much a platform approach.

Camel is as framework much more agnostic about where and how it runs and
which combination of other software is used. Likes Jean-Baptipste (which is
I think the most common way) I also use a combination of ActiveMQ and
Camel's retry/redelivery and error handling patterns. We also use ehcache
in some use cases (
https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/ehcache-component.html).

In the book Camel in Action 2 there is special topic on resilience of Camel
running on Kubernetes. There are patterns like Circuit breaking used.
Probably the Kafka Connector project will fit here as well (
https://camel.apache.org/camel-kafka-connector/latest/).

Raymond