CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Ronny Aerts-3
Hello camel community,

I’m taking my first steps in migrating from camel 2.25.1 to 3.0.0. Since (nearly) all our camel routes (more then 2000) are written using spring dsl, this migration is a very big job.

One of the things I notice is the missing CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property. We do a lot of things like the one below and that is not possible anymore without the CamelCreatedTimestamp.
<route id="test.exception.standard.route" autoStartup="true">
<from uri="timer://test.exception.standard.scheduler?repeatCount=1" />
<log message="start of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" />
<log message="end of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" />
</route>

I know that the context of the property corresponds to "exchange.getCreated()" but this statement is not available in spring dsl.

I know that I can replace the "property.CamelCreatedTimestamp" by "now" but then the "end of route" values is not the same as the "start of route" value.

Is there any workaround available for my problem.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,

Ronny AERTS
Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
e: mailto:[hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
https://www.intris.be/ / https://www.wisetechglobal.com/ | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
This email is subject to our http://www.wisetechglobal.com/ConfidentialityStatement.html

Intris nv   Wapenstilstandlaan 47   B-2600 Berchem

DISCLAIMER
This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please notify [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.

Re: CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Its called exchangeProperty in the simple language - the old property
name was deprecated also for 2.x.

3.x
https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html

2.x
https://camel.apache.org/components/2.x/languages/simple-language.html

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 3:14 PM Ronny Aerts
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello camel community,
>
> I’m taking my first steps in migrating from camel 2.25.1 to 3.0.0. Since (nearly) all our camel routes (more then 2000) are written using spring dsl, this migration is a very big job.
>
> One of the things I notice is the missing CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property. We do a lot of things like the one below and that is not possible anymore without the CamelCreatedTimestamp.
> <route id="test.exception.standard.route" autoStartup="true">
> <from uri="timer://test.exception.standard.scheduler?repeatCount=1" />
> <log message="start of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" />
> <log message="end of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" />
> </route>
>
> I know that the context of the property corresponds to "exchange.getCreated()" but this statement is not available in spring dsl.
>
> I know that I can replace the "property.CamelCreatedTimestamp" by "now" but then the "end of route" values is not the same as the "start of route" value.
>
> Is there any workaround available for my problem.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,
>
> Ronny AERTS
> Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
> e: mailto:[hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
> https://www.intris.be/ / https://www.wisetechglobal.com/ | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
> This email is subject to our http://www.wisetechglobal.com/ConfidentialityStatement.html
>

> Intris nv   Wapenstilstandlaan 47   B-2600 Berchem
>
> DISCLAIMER
> This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
> Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please notify [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
> We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.

RE: CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Ronny Aerts-3
Hello Claus,

Changing <log message="start of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" /> into <log message="start of route (${date:exchangeProperty.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" /> results in a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - Cannot find java.util.Date object at command: exchangeProperty.CamelCreatedTimestamp".
Is this due to the fact that the exchange.created is now a java.lang.Long?

A groovy exchange.getProperty("CamelCreatedTimestamp") return a null.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,

Ronny AERTS
Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager

e: [hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
 https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
intris.be / wisetechglobal.com | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
This email is subject to our Confidentiality Statement

Its called exchangeProperty in the simple language - the old property name was deprecated also for 2.x.

3.x
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!6ke8h_4LiSin2gHySqFVPoznhQUTsWZChIq-IQPoVOnFzKBJXxAKaZn0_iB_IDheA7NFN8g$

2.x
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://camel.apache.org/components/2.x/languages/simple-language.html__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!6ke8h_4LiSin2gHySqFVPoznhQUTsWZChIq-IQPoVOnFzKBJXxAKaZn0_iB_IDhepyDCZkM$

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://davsclaus.com__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!6ke8h_4LiSin2gHySqFVPoznhQUTsWZChIq-IQPoVOnFzKBJXxAKaZn0_iB_IDheiuhjSRY$  @davsclaus Camel in Action 2: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.manning.com/ibsen2__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!6ke8h_4LiSin2gHySqFVPoznhQUTsWZChIq-IQPoVOnFzKBJXxAKaZn0_iB_IDhesl4LW74$

Intris nv   Wapenstilstandlaan 47   B-2600 Berchem

DISCLAIMER
This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please notify [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.

Re: CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Claus Ibsen-2
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:34 PM Ronny Aerts
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Claus,
>
> Changing <log message="start of route (${date:property.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" /> into <log message="start of route (${date:exchangeProperty.CamelCreatedTimestamp:yyyy-MM-dd-HH:mm:ss.SSS})" /> results in a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - Cannot find java.util.Date object at command: exchangeProperty.CamelCreatedTimestamp".
> Is this due to the fact that the exchange.created is now a java.lang.Long?

Ah yeah that is correct. We can make Camel support long also. You are
welcome to create a JIRA ticket.

> A groovy exchange.getProperty("CamelCreatedTimestamp") return a null.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,
>
> Ronny AERTS
> Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
>

> e: [hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
>  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
> intris.be / wisetechglobal.com | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
> This email is subject to our Confidentiality Statement

No problem to create a ticket but still the exchange property CamelCreatedTimestamp is NOT defined and handling a "long" is good but would not help in my case because getting the property returns null.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://davsclaus.com__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!4uRqqDXlx-3LnTkCIB5OJs-DmvPcapT4A0xanxaCNEkfsCfq9FpxcxpSj6kXDlgJAZDypQQ$  @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.manning.com/ibsen2__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!4uRqqDXlx-3LnTkCIB5OJs-DmvPcapT4A0xanxaCNEkfsCfq9FpxcxpSj6kXDlgJlRfOxr8$

Intris nv   Wapenstilstandlaan 47   B-2600 Berchem

DISCLAIMER
This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please notify [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.

Re: CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Claus Ibsen-2
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 5:36 PM Ronny Aerts
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Claus,
>
> No problem to create a ticket but still the exchange property CamelCreatedTimestamp is NOT defined and handling a "long" is good but would not help in my case because getting the property returns null.

Yeah you would need to store a new exchange property before (or
header) yourself with the timestamp that the simple date function can
use.

.setExchangeProperty("myCreated", simple("${exchange.created}"))

> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,
>
> Ronny AERTS
> Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
>

> e: [hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
>  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
> intris.be / wisetechglobal.com | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
> This email is subject to our Confidentiality Statement

I have quite some trouble accepting your solution. The migration of spring dsl camel 2 to camel 3 is already difficult and it's hard for me to accept that I need to add a statement in more then 2000 routes.
Especially for functionality which disappeared in the new version.

vriendelijke groeten,
Ronny Aerts

Deze mail werd verstuurd via mijn mobiele telefoon.
________________________________

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://davsclaus.com__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!4cllVnvJ1gsqp1B0AYAwxW0ahGDtGqnjeeYFw0R9UKIQHazjGz3_2aWH39Q9mOhxYi1ZkmY$  @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.manning.com/ibsen2__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!4cllVnvJ1gsqp1B0AYAwxW0ahGDtGqnjeeYFw0R9UKIQHazjGz3_2aWH39Q9mOhxfAKzQYM$

Intris nv   Wapenstilstandlaan 47   B-2600 Berchem

DISCLAIMER
This is an e-mail from Intris. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Use of this communication by others is prohibited. If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please notify [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>, destroy it without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
We accept no liability for damage related to data and/or documents which are communicated by electronic mail.

Re: CamelCreatedTimestamp exchange property does not seem to be present anymore in camel 3.3.0

Created ticket

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 7:19 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 5:36 PM Ronny Aerts
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Claus,
> >
> > No problem to create a ticket but still the exchange property CamelCreatedTimestamp is NOT defined and handling a "long" is good but would not help in my case because getting the property returns null.
> >

> Yeah you would need to store a new exchange property before (or
> header) yourself with the timestamp that the simple date function can
> use.
>
> .setExchangeProperty("myCreated", simple("${exchange.created}"))
>

> > --
> > Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards / Cordialement / Mit besten Grüßen,
> >
> > Ronny AERTS
> > Product Owner Integrations / Integrations Manager
> >

> > e: [hidden email]  |  t: +32 (0) 3 326 50 75
> >  https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronnyaerts/
> > intris.be / wisetechglobal.com | Empowering and enabling the logistics industry globally.
> > This email is subject to our Confidentiality Statement

I saw the commits that solve my problem. Thank you for helping me out.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://davsclaus.com__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!59S7myqOQeKiBKA-3Gh8uVkFpzcYIUuf_pzUbxkGGMIZxxrP_VPG_eFQs_WGhsraHbc6DNo$  @davsclaus Camel in Action 2: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.manning.com/ibsen2__;!!Na5NE8kfbMIR6Ys!59S7myqOQeKiBKA-3Gh8uVkFpzcYIUuf_pzUbxkGGMIZxxrP_VPG_eFQs_WGhsracGopEYA$