Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

12345

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Omar Al-Safi
I can help on moving the camel-examples, of course if no one is working on
it currently

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:19 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have had great progress on Camel 3.1 and are missing a few things left
>
> 1)
> Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
>
> I will work on making something similar to what we do with camel-quarkus.
>
> 2)
> Generate configurer for languages. gnodet did you do this?
>
> 3)
> Move examples to camel-examples
>
> 4)
> Avoid property placeholder resolution inside the definitions and
> generation of model configurers.
>
> 5)
> 3rd party components. Allow to generate endpoint and component DSL
>
> 6)
> A bug reported about problems with camel-blueprint
>
> 7)
> AWS2 components
>
> 8)
> And then the usual smaller things reported by the community and so on.
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:18 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I just wanted to start the process of getting closer to Camel 3.1
> release.
> > Despite 3.0 was released only a while back, then we have made great
> > progress on 3.1 that is important to get in the hands of the Camel
> > users. And for Camel users that migrate to 3.x can then skip 3.0 and
> > go straight to 3.1.
> >
> > I am working on some further optimizations in the core for 3.1, and I
> > hope to find time to share more details in a blog.
> >
> > However to get the other work (high level) done and ready for 3.1,
> > then lets discuss them here on the @dev mailing list.
> >
> > On top of my head we have to do
> >
> > 1)
> > Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> > update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
> >
> > 2)
> > Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
> >
> > 3)
> > The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
> >
> > 4)
> > More camel AWS SDK2 components
> >
> > 5)
> > Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> > example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
> >
> > There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> > things I could remember.
> >
> > The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> > course also ongoing.
> >
> > Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Claus Ibsen-2
On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:09 AM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can help on moving the camel-examples, of course if no one is working on
> it currently

Yeah sure that would be good. The git repo has been setup and there is
a basic readme file.

I think the examples can be moved under examples so they are not in
the root folder to clutter up.

> [...]
> > > Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> > > update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
> > >
> > > 2)
> > > Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
> > >
> > > 3)
> > > The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
> > >
> > > 4)
> > > More camel AWS SDK2 components
> > >
> > > 5)
> > > Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> > > example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
> > >
> > > There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> > > things I could remember.
> > >
> > > The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> > > course also ongoing.
> > >
> > > Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.

Guillaume Nodet-2
Le lun. 10 févr. 2020 à 10:19, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> We have had great progress on Camel 3.1 and are missing a few things left
>
> 1)
> Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
>
> I will work on making something similar to what we do with camel-quarkus.
>
> 2)
> Generate configurer for languages. gnodet did you do this?

Not yet.

> 3)
> Move examples to camel-examples
>
> 4)
> Avoid property placeholder resolution inside the definitions and
> generation of model configurers.

I'm on it.  I'll take a bit of time though as I need to fix all reifiers
one by one.

> 5)
> 3rd party components. Allow to generate endpoint and component DSL
>
> 6)
> A bug reported about problems with camel-blueprint

I can have a look if we have a unit test to reproduce the failure .

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:19 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have had great progress on Camel 3.1 and are missing a few things left
>
> 1)
> Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
>
> I will work on making something similar to what we do with camel-quarkus.

Okay we now generate the spring boot auto configuration documentation
in camel-spring-boot project.
Its generated for each starter in the src/main/docs folder.

The spring boot auto configuration section has been removed from all
the main docs on camel-spring project.

What we need to do is

a) Add docs to camel-spring-boot with the docs website, ala spring
quarkus. Zoran can you help with this?
b) Add Camel Spring Boot as a menu item to the Projects menu item on the website
c) Add a few docs page for Camel Spring Boot ala Camel Quarkus
d) List all the Camel Spring Boot Starters in a page, and have 2
links: one for auto configuration and another to point to the
component docs on the main website.
e) We can look at to see if we can find out a way to inline the spring
boot auto configuration docs in the main docs so they are listed there
again (but then non SB users have docs that are convoluted with SB).
If we dont do this, then we have a nice clear separation and people
can see the SB docs on the "Camel Spring Boot" project docs.

> 2)
> Generate configurer for languages. gnodet did you do this?
>
> 3)
> Move examples to camel-examples
>
> 4)
> Avoid property placeholder resolution inside the definitions and
> generation of model configurers.
>
> 5)
> 3rd party components. Allow to generate endpoint and component DSL
>
> 6)
> A bug reported about problems with camel-blueprint
>
> 7)
> AWS2 components
>
> 8)
> And then the usual smaller things reported by the community and so on.
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:18 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I just wanted to start the process of getting closer to Camel 3.1 release.
> > Despite 3.0 was released only a while back, then we have made great
> > progress on 3.1 that is important to get in the hands of the Camel
> > users. And for Camel users that migrate to 3.x can then skip 3.0 and
> > go straight to 3.1.
> >
> > I am working on some further optimizations in the core for 3.1, and I
> > hope to find time to share more details in a blog.
> >
> > However to get the other work (high level) done and ready for 3.1,
> > then lets discuss them here on the @dev mailing list.
> >
> > On top of my head we have to do
> >
> > 1)
> > Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> > update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
> >
> > 2)
> > Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
> >
> > 3)
> > The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
> >
> > 4)
> > More camel AWS SDK2 components
> >
> > 5)
> > Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> > example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
> >
> > There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> > things I could remember.
> >
> > The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> > course also ongoing.
> >
> > Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
I'll have a look at the docs + website today and see how far do I go.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 2:15 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> a) Add docs to camel-spring-boot with the docs website, ala spring
> quarkus. Zoran can you help with this?

Yup, it's on my todo for today as well as the camel-kafka-connector docs

> b) Add Camel Spring Boot as a menu item to the Projects menu item on the website

Yup

> c) Add a few docs page for Camel Spring Boot ala Camel Quarkus

I can create placeholders for the docs, or are there any existing docs
that I can reuse here?

> d) List all the Camel Spring Boot Starters in a page, and have 2
> links: one for auto configuration and another to point to the
> component docs on the main website.

I guess this can be based on the README.adoc[1]?

> e) We can look at to see if we can find out a way to inline the spring
> boot auto configuration docs in the main docs so they are listed there
> again (but then non SB users have docs that are convoluted with SB).
> If we dont do this, then we have a nice clear separation and people
> can see the SB docs on the "Camel Spring Boot" project docs.

David pointed out that this can be done, i.e. have two git
repositories contribute to the same Antora component, I need to look
into that, might be a bit of work, most likely towards the end of the
week.

zoran

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/components-starter/README.adoc

Zoran Regvart

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:49 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> I'll have a look at the docs + website today and see how far do I go.
>
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 2:15 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > a) Add docs to camel-spring-boot with the docs website, ala spring
> > quarkus. Zoran can you help with this?
>
> Yup, it's on my todo for today as well as the camel-kafka-connector docs
>
> > b) Add Camel Spring Boot as a menu item to the Projects menu item on the website
>
> Yup
>
> > c) Add a few docs page for Camel Spring Boot ala Camel Quarkus
>
> I can create placeholders for the docs, or are there any existing docs
> that I can reuse here?

Not really, the docs are primary in the camel-spring-boot component
https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/core/camel-spring-boot/src/main/docs/spring-boot.adoc

But lets start with a fresh and have a bit like camel-quarkus, where
we have a clean front page.
And then a link to "extensions" which are starters in spring lingo.
And then we can have a link to the page above for the "main spring boot' docs.
Then over time we can iterate and improve this doc. Hopefully
community users step up and help too.

> > d) List all the Camel Spring Boot Starters in a page, and have 2
> > links: one for auto configuration and another to point to the
> > component docs on the main website.
>
> I guess this can be based on the README.adoc[1]?

Yeah the tool works like in camel-quarkus. So if we have a page
docs/modules/ROOT/pages/list-of-camel-spring-boot-components.adoc

Then the tool will update that page too. So what we need to do is to
adjust the tool to add the links for auto configuration.
(its this maven plugin UpdateDocComponentsListMojo)

> > e) We can look at to see if we can find out a way to inline the spring
> > boot auto configuration docs in the main docs so they are listed there
> > again (but then non SB users have docs that are convoluted with SB).
> > If we dont do this, then we have a nice clear separation and people
> > can see the SB docs on the "Camel Spring Boot" project docs.
>
> David pointed out that this can be done, i.e. have two git
> repositories contribute to the same Antora component, I need to look
> into that, might be a bit of work, most likely towards the end of the
> week.
>
> zoran
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/components-starter/README.adoc
>
> --
> Zoran Regvart

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Omar Al-Safi
Hello folks,

Short update on the camel-examples. So now we have the repo for the
camel-examples setup and compiled, also a basic github workflow is being
added to build the project.
However, the only missing piece, is to generate the docs for the examples
from the new repo instead of the current one that generate the examples
from the main repo using a relative path.

Regards,
Omar

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Short update on the camel-examples. So now we have the repo for the
> camel-examples setup and compiled, also a basic github workflow is being
> added to build the project.
> However, the only missing piece, is to generate the docs for the examples
> from the new repo instead of the current one that generate the examples
> from the main repo using a relative path.

Yeah sounds good.

For the docs generation of the readme, then you can port over the
maven tools there is a maven mojo that does this.

And then another big task is to use Camel BOM for the examples. Today
they refer to a parent pom. We should maybe do a BOM import on each
example.

> Regards,
> Omar
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:49 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Cameleers,
> > > I'll have a look at the docs + website today and see how far do I go.

> > > Yup, it's on my todo for today as well as the camel-kafka-connector docs

> > the website
> > >
> > > Yup

> > > I can create placeholders for the docs, or are there any existing docs
> > > that I can reuse here?
> > >

> > Not really, the docs are primary in the camel-spring-boot component
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/core/camel-spring-boot/src/main/docs/spring-boot.adoc
> >
> > But lets start with a fresh and have a bit like camel-quarkus, where
> > we have a clean front page.
> > And then a link to "extensions" which are starters in spring lingo.
> > And then we can have a link to the page above for the "main spring boot'
> > docs.
> > Then over time we can iterate and improve this doc. Hopefully
> > community users step up and help too.

> > > I guess this can be based on the README.adoc[1]?
> > >

> > Yeah the tool works like in camel-quarkus. So if we have a page
> > docs/modules/ROOT/pages/list-of-camel-spring-boot-components.adoc
> >
> > Then the tool will update that page too. So what we need to do is to
> > adjust the tool to add the links for auto configuration.
> > (its this maven plugin UpdateDocComponentsListMojo)

> > > David pointed out that this can be done, i.e. have two git
> > > repositories contribute to the same Antora component, I need to look
> > > into that, might be a bit of work, most likely towards the end of the
> > > week.
> > >
> > > zoran
> > >
> > > [1]
> > https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/components-starter/README.adoc
> > >
> > > --
> > > Zoran Regvart
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Omar Al-Safi
Sure, we can do that.
However, I was thinking would it make sense in the long run to combine all
examples in one repo? What I mean examples for camel-spring, camel-quarkus,
camel-k and camel-kafka-connect?  then we can change the structure of repo
a bit to have submodules for each project example. What do you guys think?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 1:02 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure, we can do that.
> However, I was thinking would it make sense in the long run to combine all
> examples in one repo? What I mean examples for camel-spring, camel-quarkus,
> camel-k and camel-kafka-connect?  then we can change the structure of repo
> a bit to have submodules for each project example. What do you guys think?

Yeah we can do that later. At first is to get the examples migrated as-is.

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:55 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > Short update on the camel-examples. So now we have the repo for the
> > > camel-examples setup and compiled, also a basic github workflow is being
> > > added to build the project.
> > > However, the only missing piece, is to generate the docs for the examples
> > > from the new repo instead of the current one that generate the examples
> > > from the main repo using a relative path.
> > >

> > Yeah sounds good.
> >
> > For the docs generation of the readme, then you can port over the
> > maven tools there is a maven mojo that does this.
> >
> > And then another big task is to use Camel BOM for the examples. Today
> > they refer to a parent pom. We should maybe do a BOM import on each
> > example.
> >

> > > Regards,
> > > Omar

> > docs

> > on

> > docs

> > https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/core/camel-spring-boot/src/main/docs/spring-boot.adoc

> > boot'

> > spring
> > there
> > SB).

> > https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/blob/master/components-starter/README.adoc

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Oh we have even more awesome progress now.

All the work with reflection vs source code generated configurers has bene done.
And also on the model with the property placeholders. Thats a great
win as we avoid loading 200 classes and have about 90kb map object
instance in memory (biggest object domination from Camel according to
the profiler. Now its DefaultCamelContext again ;)

The OSGi blueprint issue has also been fixed.

The examples are currently being migrated and its removed from the main repo.
Omar is working on this.

The spring boot still has outstanding to have the docs and its website
as part of the Camel website.
Zoran will help with this.

The etcd component has a wrong structure with endpoints/components.
I will look into this.

The snakeyaml component needs to be deprecated, and if we have the
time to add jacksonyaml as a new yaml dataformat and use it as
default.
And if so remove snakeyaml.

And then we need to fix test failures on CI on both JDK8 and JDK11

And I may add a few more optimizations.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:18 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just wanted to start the process of getting closer to Camel 3.1 release.
> Despite 3.0 was released only a while back, then we have made great
> progress on 3.1 that is important to get in the hands of the Camel
> users. And for Camel users that migrate to 3.x can then skip 3.0 and
> go straight to 3.1.
>
> I am working on some further optimizations in the core for 3.1, and I
> hope to find time to share more details in a blog.
>
> However to get the other work (high level) done and ready for 3.1,
> then lets discuss them here on the @dev mailing list.
>
> On top of my head we have to do
>
> 1)
> Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
>
> 2)
> Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
>
> 3)
> The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
>
> 4)
> More camel AWS SDK2 components
>
> 5)
> Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
>
> There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> things I could remember.
>
> The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> course also ongoing.
>
> Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Okay so things are going well.

The examples has been migrated.
Spring Boot documentation is now online on the website. And the auto
configuration options is included in the component doc of those whom
support SB (see bottom).
Camel Kafka Connector doc is now also online.

There is one issue with OSGi blueprint on Karaf with JDK8. This works
with JDK11.

As this potentially is a hard issue to resolve, then we can add this
as a known issue, and see if we can fix it for 3.1.1, or worst-case
for 3.2 if we need bigger changes.

The CI server looks good. I fixed the ES test errors that was flaky.
The other test errors were also related to "port number in use" etc.

For JDK11 there are 2 cxf test errors related to SSL security
https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:19 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Oh we have even more awesome progress now.
>
> All the work with reflection vs source code generated configurers has bene done.
> And also on the model with the property placeholders. Thats a great
> win as we avoid loading 200 classes and have about 90kb map object
> instance in memory (biggest object domination from Camel according to
> the profiler. Now its DefaultCamelContext again ;)
>
> The OSGi blueprint issue has also been fixed.
>
> The examples are currently being migrated and its removed from the main repo.
> Omar is working on this.
>
> The spring boot still has outstanding to have the docs and its website
> as part of the Camel website.
> Zoran will help with this.
>
> The etcd component has a wrong structure with endpoints/components.
> I will look into this.
>
> The snakeyaml component needs to be deprecated, and if we have the
> time to add jacksonyaml as a new yaml dataformat and use it as
> default.
> And if so remove snakeyaml.
>
> And then we need to fix test failures on CI on both JDK8 and JDK11
>
> And I may add a few more optimizations.
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:18 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I just wanted to start the process of getting closer to Camel 3.1 release.
> > Despite 3.0 was released only a while back, then we have made great
> > progress on 3.1 that is important to get in the hands of the Camel
> > users. And for Camel users that migrate to 3.x can then skip 3.0 and
> > go straight to 3.1.
> >
> > I am working on some further optimizations in the core for 3.1, and I
> > hope to find time to share more details in a blog.
> >
> > However to get the other work (high level) done and ready for 3.1,
> > then lets discuss them here on the @dev mailing list.
> >
> > On top of my head we have to do
> >
> > 1)
> > Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> > update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
> >
> > 2)
> > Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
> >
> > 3)
> > The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
> >
> > 4)
> > More camel AWS SDK2 components
> >
> > 5)
> > Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> > example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
> >
> > There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> > things I could remember.
> >
> > The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> > course also ongoing.
> >
> > Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

The OSGi blueprint issue has been fixed, it works now again for both
JDK8 and 11 on Karaf.

Gregor if you are listening, then can you let us know if you have time
in the foreseeable future to built the release?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:09 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > Finish the separation of camel-spring-boot (there are some tools that
> > > update docs and generate component list) that needs to be completed.
> > >
> > > 2)
> > > Generate source code configurer for data formats and languages
> > >
> > > 3)
> > > The component configuration fluent builder (would be nice)
> > >
> > > 4)
> > > More camel AWS SDK2 components
> > >
> > > 5)
> > > Camel Main to plugin the new lightweight XML route parser/loader (for
> > > example auto discover on classpath the JAR and use it instead of JAXB)
> > >
> > > There are other things of course, but these are the bigger high level
> > > things I could remember.
> > >
> > > The usual work with new components, examples, other improvements is of
> > > course also ongoing.
> > >
> > > Lets see if we can get this done and release Camel 3.1 in February.

Gregor Zurowski-2
Absolutely, should we cut an RC this weekend already?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, 6:53 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > instance in memory (biggest object domination from Camel according to
> > > the profiler. Now its DefaultCamelContext again ;)
> > >
> > > The OSGi blueprint issue has also been fixed.
> > >
> > > The examples are currently being migrated and its removed from the
> main repo.
> > > Omar is working on this.
> > >
> > > The spring boot still has outstanding to have the docs and its website
> > > as part of the Camel website.
> > > Zoran will help with this.
> > >
> > > The etcd component has a wrong structure with endpoints/components.
> > > I will look into this.
> > >
> > > The snakeyaml component needs to be deprecated, and if we have the
> > > time to add jacksonyaml as a new yaml dataformat and use it as
> > > default.
> > > And if so remove snakeyaml.
> > >
> > > And then we need to fix test failures on CI on both JDK8 and JDK11

Andrea Cosentino-3
Hello Gregor,

There is still some work pending.

Probably torwards the end of February.

Thanks for your time

Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:26 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Absolutely, should we cut an RC this weekend already?
>
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, 6:53 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > The OSGi blueprint issue has been fixed, it works now again for both
> > JDK8 and 11 on Karaf.
> >
> > Gregor if you are listening, then can you let us know if you have time
> > in the foreseeable future to built the release?
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:09 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay so things are going well.
> > >
> > > The examples has been migrated.
> > > Spring Boot documentation is now online on the website. And the auto
> > > configuration options is included in the component doc of those whom
> > > support SB (see bottom).
> > > Camel Kafka Connector doc is now also online.
> > >
> > > There is one issue with OSGi blueprint on Karaf with JDK8. This works
> > > with JDK11.
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14561
> > >
> > > As this potentially is a hard issue to resolve, then we can add this
> > > as a known issue, and see if we can fix it for 3.1.1, or worst-case
> > > for 3.2 if we need bigger changes.
> > >
> > > The CI server looks good. I fixed the ES test errors that was flaky.
> > > The other test errors were also related to "port number in use" etc.
> > >
> > > For JDK11 there are 2 cxf test errors related to SSL security
> > >

> https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> > bene done.

> > main repo.

> website

> > release.
> and

> and I

> that
> completed.

> (for
> > JAXB)

> level

> > of

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Oh sorry I think its actually better to get an RC cut this weekend.
The code is ready as-is.
Even though I found a little optimization I am currently working on.

There are end users whom want 3.1 now as 3.0 is "using too much object
allocations".

Gregor so if you can find time then let us know.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Gregor,
>
> There is still some work pending.
>
> Probably torwards the end of February.
>
> Thanks for your time
>

> Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:26 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Absolutely, should we cut an RC this weekend already?
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 14, 2020, 6:53 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > The OSGi blueprint issue has been fixed, it works now again for both
> > > JDK8 and 11 on Karaf.
> > >
> > > Gregor if you are listening, then can you let us know if you have time
> > > in the foreseeable future to built the release?

> > https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> > > bene done.

> > > main repo.

> > website

> > > release.
> > and

> > and I

> > that
> > completed.

> > (for
> > > JAXB)

> > level

> > > of

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Andrea Cosentino-3
Ah yeah, an RC is super fine. I thought about the final release of 3.1.

Sorry, I misunderstood

Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:50 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> Oh sorry I think its actually better to get an RC cut this weekend.
> The code is ready as-is.
> Even though I found a little optimization I am currently working on.
>
> There are end users whom want 3.1 now as 3.0 is "using too much object
> allocations".
>
> Gregor so if you can find time then let us know.
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Gregor,
> >
> > There is still some work pending.
> >
> > Probably torwards the end of February.
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> >

> > Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:26 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Absolutely, should we cut an RC this weekend already?

> time

> auto
> whom

> works

> this

> flaky.
> etc.

> https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> [hidden email]>

> configurers has
> great
> object
> according to

> the

> > > website

> endpoints/components.

> the

> JDK11

> [hidden email]>

> 3.1
> great
> Camel
> 3.0
> > > and

> > > and I

> 3.1,

> tools
> > > that
> > > completed.

> parser/loader
> > > (for
> of

> > > level

> improvements is

> February.

R: Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Andrea Cosentino-2
I didn't read RC.. I'm getting old

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il sab, 15 feb, 2020 alle 18:02, Andrea Cosentino<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   Ah yeah, an RC is super fine. I thought about the final release of 3.1.

Sorry, I misunderstood

Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:50 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> Oh sorry I think its actually better to get an RC cut this weekend.
> The code is ready as-is.
> Even though I found a little optimization I am currently working on.
>
> There are end users whom want 3.1 now as 3.0 is "using too much object
> allocations".
>
> Gregor so if you can find time then let us know.
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Gregor,
> >
> > There is still some work pending.
> >
> > Probably torwards the end of February.
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> >

> > Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:26 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Absolutely, should we cut an RC this weekend already?

> time

> auto
> whom

> works

> this

> flaky.
> etc.

> https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> [hidden email]>

> configurers has
> great
> object
> according to

> the

> > > website

> endpoints/components.

> the

> JDK11

> [hidden email]>

> 3.1
> great
> Camel
> 3.0
> > > and

> > > and I

> 3.1,

> tools
> > > that
> > > completed.

> parser/loader
> > > (for
> of

> > > level

> improvements is

> February.

Re: Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

I actually think its fine with 3.1.0 release (eg GA) and not a RC1 RC2
etc which we did for 3.0.
After 3.1.0 we can do a final 3.0.2 patch release and encourage users
to upgrade to 3.1.0.

And then we can work on 3.2 and get it released within a couple of
months or so, eg to get innovation out quicker to the community.
Especially now as we have kafka connectors, quarkus, spring boot as
sub projects and they all need to innovate, especially the first two.

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 6:11 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn't read RC.. I'm getting old
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>   Il sab, 15 feb, 2020 alle 18:02, Andrea Cosentino<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   Ah yeah, an RC is super fine. I thought about the final release of 3.1.
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood
>
> Il sab 15 feb 2020, 17:50 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Oh sorry I think its actually better to get an RC cut this weekend.
> > The code is ready as-is.
> > Even though I found a little optimization I am currently working on.
> >
> > There are end users whom want 3.1 now as 3.0 is "using too much object
> > allocations".
> >
> > Gregor so if you can find time then let us know.
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Gregor,
> > >
> > > There is still some work pending.
> > >
> > > Probably torwards the end of February.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time

> > time

> > auto
> > whom

> > works

> > this

> > flaky.
> > etc.

> > https://builds.apache.org/job/Camel%20JDK11/job/master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> > [hidden email]>

> > configurers has
> > great
> > object
> > according to

> > the

> > endpoints/components.

> > the

> > JDK11

> > [hidden email]>

> > 3.1
> > great
> > Camel
> > 3.0

> > 3.1,

> > tools

> > parser/loader
> > of

> > improvements is

> > February.

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Re: Closing Down on Apache Camel 3.1

Andrea Cosentino-3
So we want an RC right? So we are doing rc1? Or do we want a final release?
I still have to finish the aws2 components