Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

12

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Okay CS and RAT check is not passing.

Yesterday I also tested master branch against CiA2 source code and it
works fine too.
(after migrating, mostly the SB groupid name change)

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:57 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay I got all the stuff pushed to master, and also cleaned up in JIRA
> and moved tickets to 3.10, or 3.x etc.
>
> So lets spend tomorrow do final cleanup and touches so the code base
> is ready for GA.
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:20 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 5:19 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Yes, I am available to cut the RC for GA this weekend. We can briefly
> > > sync up on Friday whether to take the release off of the head of the
> > > master branch or a particular commit.
> > >

> > Sounds great Gregor.
> >
> > We are working on the last bits. I will do some work tonight and then
> > check up tomorrow with things like CS and RAT check,
> > so the branch should be in good shape for you.
> >
> > Then fingers crossed you get time to cut the GA this weekend.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Okay I have fixed the CS issues and the master branch is now ready for
Camel 3 GA.
Gregor you are welcome to cut the release when you have time, and when
you start then let us know thanks.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:16 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay CS and RAT check is not passing.
>
> Yesterday I also tested master branch against CiA2 source code and it
> works fine too.
> (after migrating, mostly the SB groupid name change)
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:57 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay I got all the stuff pushed to master, and also cleaned up in JIRA
> > and moved tickets to 3.10, or 3.x etc.
> >
> > So lets spend tomorrow do final cleanup and touches so the code base
> > is ready for GA.
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 5:20 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Sounds great Gregor.
> > >
> > > We are working on the last bits. I will do some work tonight and then
> > > check up tomorrow with things like CS and RAT check,
> > > so the branch should be in good shape for you.
> > >
> > > Then fingers crossed you get time to cut the GA this weekend.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Everyone:

I am will start cutting the RC for 3.0 GA now. The release will be
based on commit 0491209d [1].

Thanks,
Gregor

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/0491209dabedd1e11266a9a737ceb0d360f0a2f2

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:48 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Okay I have fixed the CS issues and the master branch is now ready for
> Camel 3 GA.
> Gregor you are welcome to cut the release when you have time, and when
> you start then let us know thanks.
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:16 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay CS and RAT check is not passing.
> >
> > Yesterday I also tested master branch against CiA2 source code and it
> > works fine too.
> > (after migrating, mostly the SB groupid name change)
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:57 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay I got all the stuff pushed to master, and also cleaned up in JIRA
> > > and moved tickets to 3.10, or 3.x etc.
> > >
> > > So lets spend tomorrow do final cleanup and touches so the code base
> > > is ready for GA.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

Yay great to hear.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> I am will start cutting the RC for 3.0 GA now. The release will be
> based on commit 0491209d [1].
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/0491209dabedd1e11266a9a737ceb0d360f0a2f2
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:48 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay I have fixed the CS issues and the master branch is now ready for
> > Camel 3 GA.
> > Gregor you are welcome to cut the release when you have time, and when
> > you start then let us know thanks.
> >

> > On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 10:16 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay CS and RAT check is not passing.
> > >
> > > Yesterday I also tested master branch against CiA2 source code and it
> > > works fine too.
> > > (after migrating, mostly the SB groupid name change)

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi,

I am currently having issues preparing the release due to the following error:

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  25.206 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-11-24T03:10:55-08:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare
(default-cli) on project camel: Can't release project due to non
released dependencies :
[ERROR]     org.apache.camel:camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
[ERROR] in project 'Camel :: Platforms :: Spring-Boot :: Dependency
Management :: Dependencies BOM'
(org.apache.camel.springboot:camel-spring-boot-dependencies:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT)

Not sure what it is yet, looking into it.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Yay great to hear.
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > I am will start cutting the RC for 3.0 GA now. The release will be
> > based on commit 0491209d [1].
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/0491209dabedd1e11266a9a737ceb0d360f0a2f2
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:48 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Okay I have fixed the CS issues and the master branch is now ready for
> > > Camel 3 GA.
> > > Gregor you are welcome to cut the release when you have time, and when
> > > you start then let us know thanks.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Argh darn. One issue I found looks like that this
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/spring-boot/spring-boot-dm/camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator/target-template-pom.xml#L46

Should be org.apache.camel.springboot as the groupId.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM Gregor Zurowski

> I am currently having issues preparing the release due to the following error:

> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] Total time:  25.206 s
> [INFO] Finished at: 2019-11-24T03:10:55-08:00
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare
> (default-cli) on project camel: Can't release project due to non
> released dependencies :
> [ERROR]     org.apache.camel:camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
> [ERROR] in project 'Camel :: Platforms :: Spring-Boot :: Dependency
> Management :: Dependencies BOM'
> (org.apache.camel.springboot:camel-spring-boot-dependencies:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
>
> Not sure what it is yet, looking into it.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Gregor
> >
> > Yay great to hear.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Everyone:
> > >
> > > I am will start cutting the RC for 3.0 GA now. The release will be
> > > based on commit 0491209d [1].
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor
> > >
> > > [1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/0491209dabedd1e11266a9a737ceb0d360f0a2f2

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
Yes, I've just found and fixed it.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Argh darn. One issue I found looks like that this
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/spring-boot/spring-boot-dm/camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator/target-template-pom.xml#L46
>
> Should be org.apache.camel.springboot as the groupId.
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently having issues preparing the release due to the following error:
> >
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time:  25.206 s
> > [INFO] Finished at: 2019-11-24T03:10:55-08:00
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare
> > (default-cli) on project camel: Can't release project due to non
> > released dependencies :
> > [ERROR]     org.apache.camel:camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
> > [ERROR] in project 'Camel :: Platforms :: Spring-Boot :: Dependency
> > Management :: Dependencies BOM'
> > (org.apache.camel.springboot:camel-spring-boot-dependencies:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> >
> > Not sure what it is yet, looking into it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > Yay great to hear.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Claus,

I've just made the following the commits:

https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/5a2d960618f56964942a3097512ce0c64d170e11
https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/be2ee4a3a0290f1e8c1f5671a5efe6394764641f

This fixes the issue in the generator template as well as in the
already generator pom.

I hope this looks OK to you.

Thanks again,
Gregor

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Argh darn. One issue I found looks like that this
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/spring-boot/spring-boot-dm/camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator/target-template-pom.xml#L46
>
> Should be org.apache.camel.springboot as the groupId.
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently having issues preparing the release due to the following error:
> >
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] Total time:  25.206 s
> > [INFO] Finished at: 2019-11-24T03:10:55-08:00
> > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare
> > (default-cli) on project camel: Can't release project due to non
> > released dependencies :
> > [ERROR]     org.apache.camel:camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
> > [ERROR] in project 'Camel :: Platforms :: Spring-Boot :: Dependency
> > Management :: Dependencies BOM'
> > (org.apache.camel.springboot:camel-spring-boot-dependencies:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> >
> > Not sure what it is yet, looking into it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > Yay great to hear.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Gregor

Yeah great news. Thanks for fixing those. And hope the rest of the
release goes well, keep us posted.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:41 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> I've just made the following the commits:
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/5a2d960618f56964942a3097512ce0c64d170e11
> https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/be2ee4a3a0290f1e8c1f5671a5efe6394764641f
>
> This fixes the issue in the generator template as well as in the
> already generator pom.
>
> I hope this looks OK to you.
>
> Thanks again,
> Gregor
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Argh darn. One issue I found looks like that this
> > https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/spring-boot/spring-boot-dm/camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator/target-template-pom.xml#L46
> >
> > Should be org.apache.camel.springboot as the groupId.
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am currently having issues preparing the release due to the following error:
> > >
> > > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> > > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] Total time:  25.206 s
> > > [INFO] Finished at: 2019-11-24T03:10:55-08:00
> > > [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4.2:prepare
> > > (default-cli) on project camel: Can't release project due to non
> > > released dependencies :
> > > [ERROR]     org.apache.camel:camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
> > > [ERROR] in project 'Camel :: Platforms :: Spring-Boot :: Dependency
> > > Management :: Dependencies BOM'
> > > (org.apache.camel.springboot:camel-spring-boot-dependencies:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
> > >
> > > Not sure what it is yet, looking into it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
There was one more problem related to the package name change for
Spring Boot [1] which only appeared when running the release prepare
phase without the dry run option. Now things seems to work fine. Will
keep you posted.

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/8fa8850649e043aac645ae333d455dea7ad2d516

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 1:26 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Yeah great news. Thanks for fixing those. And hope the rest of the
> release goes well, keep us posted.
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:41 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Claus,
> >
> > I've just made the following the commits:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/5a2d960618f56964942a3097512ce0c64d170e11
> > https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/be2ee4a3a0290f1e8c1f5671a5efe6394764641f
> >
> > This fixes the issue in the generator template as well as in the
> > already generator pom.
> >
> > I hope this looks OK to you.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Gregor
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Argh darn. One issue I found looks like that this
> > > https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/platforms/spring-boot/spring-boot-dm/camel-spring-boot-dependencies-generator/target-template-pom.xml#L46
> > >
> > > Should be org.apache.camel.springboot as the groupId.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Gregor and Claus,
sorry for missing those in the Spring Boot groupId rename, and thank
you for the work over the weekend :)

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: Closing down to Apache Camel 3.0 GA

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Zoran,

No problem at all, we were able to resolve the remaining issues
quickly. Thanks for making the group ID changes.

Gregor

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:09 PM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor and Claus,
> sorry for missing those in the Spring Boot groupId rename, and thank
> you for the work over the weekend :)
>
> zoran
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 5:44 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > There was one more problem related to the package name change for
> > Spring Boot [1] which only appeared when running the release prepare
> > phase without the dry run option. Now things seems to work fine. Will
> > keep you posted.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/8fa8850649e043aac645ae333d455dea7ad2d516
> >
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 1:26 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Gregor
> > >
> > > Yeah great news. Thanks for fixing those. And hope the rest of the
> > > release goes well, keep us posted.

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus