Compile error in camel-scala

Jon Anstey
Hi guys,

I'm getting the following error when trying to compile camel-scala:

[INFO] Compiling 7 source files to
/x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/target/classes
[WARNING]
/x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SResequencerType.scala:23:
error: class SResequencerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
[WARNING] class SResequencerType(val target: ResequencerType)(implicit val
builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ResequencerType] {
[WARNING]       ^
[WARNING]
/x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SDelayerType.scala:25:
error: class SDelayerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
[WARNING] class SDelayerType(val target: DelayerType)(implicit val builder:
RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[DelayerType] {
[WARNING]       ^
[WARNING]
/x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SLoadBalanceType.scala:25:
error: class SLoadBalanceType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
[WARNING] class SLoadBalanceType(val target: LoadBalanceType)(implicit val
builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[LoadBalanceType] {
[WARNING]       ^
[WARNING]
/x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SThrottlerType.scala:25:
error: class SThrottlerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
[WARNING] class SThrottlerType(val target: ThrottlerType)(implicit val
builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ThrottlerType] {
[WARNING]       ^
[WARNING] four errors found

Bamboo doesn't seem to be failing with this... wondering if I need to set up
anything special for this.

Cheers,
Jon

Re: Compile error in camel-scala

Hi Jonathan,

I can build it in my windows box too,  maybe you need check your maven
version.

Willem

Jon Anstey wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm getting the following error when trying to compile camel-scala:
>
> [INFO] Compiling 7 source files to
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/target/classes
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SResequencerType.scala:23:
> error: class SResequencerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SResequencerType(val target: ResequencerType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ResequencerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SDelayerType.scala:25:
> error: class SDelayerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SDelayerType(val target: DelayerType)(implicit val builder:
> RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[DelayerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SLoadBalanceType.scala:25:
> error: class SLoadBalanceType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SLoadBalanceType(val target: LoadBalanceType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[LoadBalanceType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SThrottlerType.scala:25:
> error: class SThrottlerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SThrottlerType(val target: ThrottlerType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ThrottlerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING] four errors found
>
> Bamboo doesn't seem to be failing with this... wondering if I need to set up
> anything special for this.
>
> Cheers,
> Jon

Re: Compile error in camel-scala

gertv
Jon,

The build works OK for me as well.  We use the maven-scala-plugin to
build our sources, which doesn't require you to set up anything special
on your local machine.  Could you try to an svn up to make sure you have
the latest sources and retry the build with a "mvn clean install" to
make absolutely sure no out-of-date classes remain in your target
directory somewhere -- in my experience, this is sometimes necessary
when traits have been changed between builds.

Regards,

Gert

Jon Anstey wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm getting the following error when trying to compile camel-scala:
>
> [INFO] Compiling 7 source files to
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/target/classes
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SResequencerType.scala:23:
> error: class SResequencerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SResequencerType(val target: ResequencerType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ResequencerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SDelayerType.scala:25:
> error: class SDelayerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SDelayerType(val target: DelayerType)(implicit val builder:
> RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[DelayerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SLoadBalanceType.scala:25:
> error: class SLoadBalanceType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SLoadBalanceType(val target: LoadBalanceType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[LoadBalanceType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING]
> /x1/apache/camel-trunk/components/camel-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/camel/scala/dsl/SThrottlerType.scala:25:
> error: class SThrottlerType needs to be abstract, since type T in trait
> ScalaDsl with bounds >: Nothing <: Any is not defined
> [WARNING] class SThrottlerType(val target: ThrottlerType)(implicit val
> builder: RouteBuilder) extends ScalaDsl with Wrapper[ThrottlerType] {
> [WARNING]       ^
> [WARNING] four errors found
>
> Bamboo doesn't seem to be failing with this... wondering if I need to set up
> anything special for this.
>
> Cheers,
> Jon

Re: Compile error in camel-scala

Jon Anstey
Thanks guys! All is well now, the clean goal worked for me.