Concepts: microservices

Som Lima
Hi,

1. What is a micro service  ?

2. Are Mailservers Database Servers web servers microservices  ?

3. Is the purpose of Apache Camel to standardise client calls to
microservices  ?

Re: Concepts: microservices

Claussnitzer, Ralf
Hi,

On 4/26/20 9:50 PM, Som Lima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. What is a micro service  ?
I recommend you have a look at some very good internet pages. This one
for example: https://www.martinfowler.com/microservices/ Also:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46575898/what-is-a-microservice

> 2. Are Mailservers Database Servers web servers microservices  ?
Microservices is an architectural concept. So depending on wheather
these services follow the concept /within a software solution/ they can
be considered microservices. Databases are often just part of a
microservice. Webservers are sometimes utilized to host microservices.

> 3. Is the purpose of Apache Camel to standardise client calls to
> microservices  ?

No. Apache Camel aims to integrate and connect diffent systems that
would otherwise not work together. Whether these individual systems are
implemented as microservices or not is of no concern to Apache Camel.

Regards,
Ralf

Re: Concepts: microservices

Som Lima
Thank you Sir.
You have given me what I needed.
An authoritative over view.

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020, 06:46 Ralf Claussnitzer, <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 4/26/20 9:50 PM, Som Lima wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 1. What is a micro service  ?
> I recommend you have a look at some very good internet pages. This one
> for example: https://www.martinfowler.com/microservices/ Also:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46575898/what-is-a-microservice
> >
> > 2. Are Mailservers Database Servers web servers microservices  ?
> Microservices is an architectural concept. So depending on wheather
> these services follow the concept /within a software solution/ they can
> be considered microservices. Databases are often just part of a
> microservice. Webservers are sometimes utilized to host microservices.
> >
> > 3. Is the purpose of Apache Camel to standardise client calls to
> > microservices  ?
>
> No. Apache Camel aims to integrate and connect diffent systems that
> would otherwise not work together. Whether these individual systems are
> implemented as microservices or not is of no concern to Apache Camel.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Re: Concepts: microservices

Som Lima