Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

contactreji
 Hello community
Has anyone tried connecting to IBM Cloud MQ via camel jms component? I see
it needs an implementation of javax.jms.ConnectionFactory.
One of the implementations provided of above interface by IBM
is com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory. The MQ cloud provides following
information with a username and an api key

"platform": "ibmmq-on-cloud",
"queueManagerName": "DEVMGR",
"hostname": "*****.mq.appdomain.cloud",
"listenerPort": 31176,
"logPort": 32301,
"applicationChannelName": "*****.APP.SVRCONN",
"adminChannelName": "*****.ADMIN.SVRCONN",
"deploymentLocation": "bmx-us-south",
"webConsoleURL": "
https://web-devmgr-2e26.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/console",
"messagingREST": "https://
**********.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/messaging/qmgr/DEVMGR/queue/(queue_name)/message",
"adminREST": "https://
*****.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/admin/qmgr/DEVMGR"

I was wondering if anyone has used camel jms component to connect with
above information. If so, it would be helpful if someone can explain how
the ConnectionFactory was configured.

I went through following link :
https://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Can-Camel-communicate-over-IBM-MQ-sender-receiver-channels-td4429050.html
but this doesn't look like a case where its connecting to cloud MQ.

Regards
Reji Mathews
Reji Mathews Sr. Engineer - Middleware Integrations / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB ) LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

jbonofre
Hi,

What you are describing is direct MQ channel, no MQ JMS.

It’s possible to use JMS with IBM MQ but using JMS channel.
So, you create the connection factory like this:

>     <bean id="wmqConnectionFactory" class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
>         <property name="transportType" value="1" />
>         <property name="hostName" value="${hostname}" />
>         <property name="port" value="${port}" />
>         <property name="queueManager" value="${queuemanager}" />
>         <property name="channel" value="${channel}" />
>         <property name="useConnectionPooling" value="true" />
>     </bean>
And you provide this connection factory to the camel-jms endpoint (using ?connectionFactory=#wmqConnectionFactory).

If you want to use directly MQ "native" channel, you can use camel-wmq component (in camel-extra).

Regards
JB

> Le 14 mai 2020 à 19:37, Reji Mathews <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hello community
> Has anyone tried connecting to IBM Cloud MQ via camel jms component? I see
> it needs an implementation of javax.jms.ConnectionFactory.
> One of the implementations provided of above interface by IBM
> is com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory. The MQ cloud provides following
> information with a username and an api key
>
> "platform": "ibmmq-on-cloud",
> "queueManagerName": "DEVMGR",
> "hostname": "*****.mq.appdomain.cloud",
> "listenerPort": 31176,
> "logPort": 32301,
> "applicationChannelName": "*****.APP.SVRCONN",
> "adminChannelName": "*****.ADMIN.SVRCONN",
> "deploymentLocation": "bmx-us-south",
> "webConsoleURL": "
> https://web-devmgr-2e26.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/console",
> "messagingREST": "https://
> **********.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/messaging/qmgr/DEVMGR/queue/(queue_name)/message",
> "adminREST": "https://
> *****.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/admin/qmgr/DEVMGR"
>
> I was wondering if anyone has used camel jms component to connect with
> above information. If so, it would be helpful if someone can explain how
> the ConnectionFactory was configured.
>
> I went through following link :
> https://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Can-Camel-communicate-over-IBM-MQ-sender-receiver-channels-td4429050.html
> but this doesn't look like a case where its connecting to cloud MQ.
>
> Regards
> Reji Mathews

Re: Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

contactreji
Oh i see what you mean!

Indeed, I need to establish a jms connection. I decided to use camel-jms
component. Referred this official ibm git example here ->
https://github.com/ibm-messaging/mq-cloud-demo/blob/master/aws-backend-request/JMSLambdaFunction/src/main/java/com/example/lambda/ibmmq/JMSLambda.java

Looks like com.ibm.msg.client.jms.JmsConnectionFactory is a good
implementation of  javax.jms.ConnectionFactory interface as expected by
camel-jms. Currently trying to debug and test it with ibm MQ cloud.

Am stuck at this error -
org.apache.camel.component.jms.DefaultJmsMessageListenerContainer - Setup
of JMS message listener invoker failed for destination 'INPUT01' - trying
to recover. Cause: JMSWMQ2008: Failed to open MQ queue 'INPUT01'.; nested
exception is com.ibm.mq.MQException: JMSCMQ0001: IBM MQ call failed with
compcode '2' ('MQCC_FAILED') reason '2035' ('MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED')

Seems, I am close to success. Just figuring out the last mile..

If anyone has hit upon such errors before, do contribute here.

Cheers
Reji Mathews

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 12:53 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What you are describing is direct MQ channel, no MQ JMS.
>
> It’s possible to use JMS with IBM MQ but using JMS channel.
> So, you create the connection factory like this:
>
> >     <bean id="wmqConnectionFactory"
> class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
> >         <property name="transportType" value="1" />
> >         <property name="hostName" value="${hostname}" />
> >         <property name="port" value="${port}" />
> >         <property name="queueManager" value="${queuemanager}" />
> >         <property name="channel" value="${channel}" />
> >         <property name="useConnectionPooling" value="true" />
> >     </bean>
> And you provide this connection factory to the camel-jms endpoint (using
> ?connectionFactory=#wmqConnectionFactory).
>
> If you want to use directly MQ "native" channel, you can use camel-wmq
> component (in camel-extra).
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 14 mai 2020 à 19:37, Reji Mathews <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello community
> > Has anyone tried connecting to IBM Cloud MQ via camel jms component? I
> see
> > it needs an implementation of javax.jms.ConnectionFactory.
> > One of the implementations provided of above interface by IBM
> > is com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory. The MQ cloud provides following
> > information with a username and an api key
> >
> > "platform": "ibmmq-on-cloud",
> > "queueManagerName": "DEVMGR",
> > "hostname": "*****.mq.appdomain.cloud",
> > "listenerPort": 31176,
> > "logPort": 32301,
> > "applicationChannelName": "*****.APP.SVRCONN",
> > "adminChannelName": "*****.ADMIN.SVRCONN",
> > "deploymentLocation": "bmx-us-south",
> > "webConsoleURL": "
> > https://web-devmgr-2e26.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/console",
> > "messagingREST": "https://
> > **********.qm.us-south.mq
> .appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/messaging/qmgr/DEVMGR/queue/(queue_name)/message",
> > "adminREST": "https://
> > *****.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/admin/qmgr/DEVMGR"
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has used camel jms component to connect with
> > above information. If so, it would be helpful if someone can explain how
> > the ConnectionFactory was configured.
> >
> > I went through following link :
> >
> https://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Can-Camel-communicate-over-IBM-MQ-sender-receiver-channels-td4429050.html
> > but this doesn't look like a case where its connecting to cloud MQ.
> >
> > Regards
> > Reji Mathews

Reji Mathews Sr. Engineer - Middleware Integrations / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB ) LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

contactreji
My current configuration of
com.ibm.msg.client.jms.JmsConnectionFactory  looks like follows

{
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_KEY_RESETCOUNT": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_APPNAME": "testapp",
  "XMSC_WMQ_CHANNEL": "CLOUD.APP.SVRCONN",
  "failIfQuiesce": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_USE_CONNECTION_POOLING": true,
  "XMSC_WMQ_BROKER_CONTROLQ": "SYSTEM.BROKER.CONTROL.QUEUE",
  "XMSC_WMQ_QUEUE_MANAGER": "DEVMGR",
  "XMSC_WMQ_SECURITY_EXIT_INIT": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_RECEIVE_ISOLATION": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_MSG_COMP": [
    0
  ],
  "XMSC_RTT_PROXY_HOSTNAME": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_MESSAGE_SELECTION": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CONNECTION_TAG":
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=",
  "XMSC_WMQ_PROCESS_DURATION": 0,
  "XMSC_ASYNC_EXCEPTIONS": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_MSG_BATCH_SIZE": 10,
  "XMSC_WMQ_OUTCOME_NOTIFICATION": true,
  "wildcardFormat": 0,
  "XMSC_USER_AUTHENTICATION_MQCSP": true,
  "XMSC_CLIENT_ID": "wmq001",
  "XMSC_WMQ_SHARE_CONV_ALLOWED": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_BROKER_CC_SUBQ": "SYSTEM.JMS.ND.CC.SUBSCRIBER.QUEUE",
  "XMSC_WMQ_MESSAGE_RETENTION": 1,
  "XMSC_USERID": "****masked_out_for_confidentiality*****",
  "XMSC_WMQ_RESCAN_INTERVAL": 5000,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CONNECTION_MODE": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_BROKER_PUBQ": "SYSTEM.BROKER.DEFAULT.STREAM",
  "brokerVersion": -1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CLIENT_RECONNECT_TIMEOUT": 1800,
  "version": 7,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_CERT_STORES_STR": null,
  "XMSC_CONNECTION_TYPE_NAME": "com.ibm.msg.client.wmq",
  "XMSC_WMQ_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE": 1000,
  "XMSC_WMQ_BROKER_QMGR": "",
  "XMSC_WMQ_TARGET_CLIENT_MATCHING": true,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SEND_CHECK_COUNT": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_SOCKET_FACTORY": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_BROKER_SUBQ": "SYSTEM.JMS.ND.SUBSCRIBER.QUEUE",
  "XMSC_WMQ_CLIENT_RECONNECT_OPTIONS": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_RECEIVE_EXIT_INIT": null,
  "XMSC_RTT_PROXY_PORT": 443,
  "XMSC_WMQ_HEADER_COMP": [
    0
  ],
  "XMSC_WMQ_CLONE_SUPPORT": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_MAP_NAME_STYLE": true,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SYNCPOINT_ALL_GETS": false,
  "XMSC_WMQ_OPT_PUB": false,
  "XMSC_WMQ_TEMP_Q_PREFIX": "",
  "XMSC_WMQ_SEND_EXIT_INIT": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_TEMPORARY_MODEL": "SYSTEM.DEFAULT.MODEL.QUEUE",
  "XMSC_WMQ_CLEANUP_INTERVAL": 3600000,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_FIPS_REQUIRED": false,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_PEER_NAME": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_LOCAL_ADDRESS": "",
  "XMSC_WMQ_SUBSCRIPTION_STORE": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_CERT_STORES_COL": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_STATUS_REFRESH_INTERVAL": 60000,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CCDTURL": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CLEANUP_LEVEL": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_PUB_ACK_INTERVAL": 25,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CONNECT_OPTIONS": 0,
  "XMSC_ADMIN_OBJECT_TYPE": 20,
  "XMSC_WMQ_RECEIVE_EXIT": null,
  "XMSC_RTT_DIRECT_AUTH": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_TEMP_TOPIC_PREFIX": "",
  "multicast": 0,
  "XMSC_WMQ_PROVIDER_VERSION": "unspecified",
  "XMSC_WMQ_SEND_EXIT": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_QMGR_CCSID": 819,
  "XMSC_WMQ_CONNECTION_NAME_LIST_INT": [
    {
      "hostname": "masked-masked.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud",
      "port": 31176
    }
  ],
  "XMSC_WMQ_CF_DESCRIPTION": null,
  "XMSC_PASSWORD": "******masked_out_for_confidentiality*****",
  "XMSC_WMQ_POLLING_INTERVAL": 5000,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SSL_CIPHER_SUITE": null,
  "XMSC_CONNECTION_TYPE": 1,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SECURITY_EXIT": null,
  "XMSC_WMQ_SPARSE_SUBSCRIPTIONS": false
}

Most of them are default values except for channel, queue manager, host,
port, username and password.

Cheers
Reji Mathews

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 2:39 PM Reji Mathews <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> > "adminREST": "https://
>> > *****.qm.us-south.mq.appdomain.cloud/ibmmq/rest/v1/admin/qmgr/DEVMGR"
>> >
>> > I was wondering if anyone has used camel jms component to connect with
>> > above information. If so, it would be helpful if someone can explain how
>> > the ConnectionFactory was configured.
>> >
>> > I went through following link :
>> >
>> https://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Can-Camel-communicate-over-IBM-MQ-sender-receiver-channels-td4429050.html
>> > but this doesn't look like a case where its connecting to cloud MQ.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Reji Mathews

Reji Mathews Sr. Engineer - Middleware Integrations / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB ) LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: Connecting to IBM MQ Cloud using camel JMS component

This post was updated on .
This was sorted. Thanks.

IBM documentation says, by-default access for test accounts is granted
only to those Queues which have names starting with DEV*

https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/services/mqcloud?topic=mqcloud-mqoc_configure_app_qm_access

Cheers
Reji Mathews