Content Based Router - Functionality

Dinesh Reddy
Hi,

Can somebody tell me the output format of a Content Based Router Processor? I have created a sample configuration file that does the following.

1. Pick a file using the File Endpoint.
2. A CBR Processor will apply Xpath on the input file and route the request to different end points based on the input.

I tried running the above camel configuration. I have observed that CBR is sending the File URL to the JMS End point instead of the File content. Is this expected behavior?

I am sorry for not using technical words.

Thanks
Regards
Dinesh.

Re: Content Based Router - Functionality

jstrachan
2008/10/6 Dinesh Reddy <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Can somebody tell me the output format of a Content Based Router Processor?
> I have created a sample configuration file that does the following.
>
> 1. Pick a file using the File Endpoint.
> 2. A CBR Processor will apply Xpath on the input file and route the request
> to different end points based on the input.
>
> I tried running the above camel configuration. I have observed that CBR is
> sending the File URL to the JMS End point instead of the File content. Is
> this expected behavior?
>
> I am sorry for not using technical words.

That sounds right. If you want to transform the payload of the message
into something you can use the convertBody(Class) approach - e.g. to
turn it into a String or Document or byte[] or whatever - or unmarshal
it

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/data-format.html

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration