Converter Class Not Found Errors

jpcook01
Hi,

I was reading this post:
http://www.nabble.com/What-jar-is-ca.uhn.hl7v2.parser.Parser-in--td21855318s22882.html#a21958256

I too get this error along with numerous other converter class not found errors: eg)

2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.dataformat.rss.RssConverter as a dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed

2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.component.jhc.JhcConverter as a dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/HttpEntity
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/HttpEntity

2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.component.cxf.converter.CxfConverter as a dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory

I'm not sure why I get these. I tried adding the various camel jars but that didn't resolve it. My route is very simple. Taking some xml and applying an xslt.

I wasn't sure what Willem meant when he said in that other post:
"How about just loading the converter when the component is load?
Since the component is loaded when the camel context need it, it will
help us to avoid the annoying class load error. "

Re: Converter Class Not Found Errors

Yeah its seen before. See this FAQ entry
http://camel.apache.org/why-do-camel-throw-so-many-noclassdeffoundexception-on-startup.html

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM, jpcook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading this post:
> http://www.nabble.com/What-jar-is-ca.uhn.hl7v2.parser.Parser-in--td21855318s22882.html#a21958256
>
> I too get this error along with numerous other converter class not found
> errors: eg)
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.dataformat.rss.RssConverter as a
> dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.component.jhc.JhcConverter as a
> dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/http/HttpEntity
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/HttpEntity
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type:
> org.apache.camel.component.cxf.converter.CxfConverter as a dependent class
> could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory
>
> I'm not sure why I get these. I tried adding the various camel jars but that
> didn't resolve it. My route is very simple. Taking some xml and applying an
> xslt.
>
> I wasn't sure what Willem meant when he said in that other post:
> "How about just loading the converter when the component is load?
> Since the component is loaded when the camel context need it, it will
> help us to avoid the annoying class load error. "
>
> Thanks

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Converter Class Not Found Errors

jpcook01
Ah, didn't see that. I added the jars I need and it works indeed. Thanks :)
Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
Hi

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM, jpcook <jonathan.cook@erars.plus.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading this post:
> http://www.nabble.com/What-jar-is-ca.uhn.hl7v2.parser.Parser-in--td21855318s22882.html#a21958256
>
> I too get this error along with numerous other converter class not found
> errors: eg)
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.dataformat.rss.RssConverter as a
> dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/syndication/feed/synd/SyndFeed
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type: org.apache.camel.component.jhc.JhcConverter as a
> dependent class could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/http/HttpEntity
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/HttpEntity
>
> 2009-05-14 09:36:25,750 WARN [main] converter.AnnotationTypeConverterLoader
> - Ignoring converter type:
> org.apache.camel.component.cxf.converter.CxfConverter as a dependent class
> could not be found: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/cxf/frontend/AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory
>
> I'm not sure why I get these. I tried adding the various camel jars but that
> didn't resolve it. My route is very simple. Taking some xml and applying an
> xslt.
>
> I wasn't sure what Willem meant when he said in that other post:
> "How about just loading the converter when the component is load?
> Since the component is loaded when the camel context need it, it will
> help us to avoid the annoying class load error. "
>
> Thanks

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Converter Class Not Found Errors

gautam.tandon
You might want to check out this online utility to search the required jar files and get past all the "ClassNotFound" errors:

http://www.ellipsissolutions.com/xray.php

Thanks,
GT

jpcook wrote