[DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

12

[DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
(yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).

As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).

It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.

As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
single tag-line that spans all use-cases.

However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:

* Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
cloud-native micro integrations

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Andrea Cosentino-2
I'm fine with that tagline, but maybe we need to maintain something from the old one too? What do you think?

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 4:52:06 PM GMT+1, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
(yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).

As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).

It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.

As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
single tag-line that spans all use-cases.

However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:

* Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
cloud-native micro integrations

RE: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

shuston
"Integrate everything!"

astefanutti

> On 19 Feb 2019, at 18:26, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm fine with that tagline, but maybe we need to maintain something from the old one too? What do you think?

However I’m all in a world of containers, I tend to agree. One a the key value of Camel, besides the awesome DSL and connectors, is its target runtimes versatility. So Maybe something like:

"Apache Camel 3: Agile integration framework..."

As it captures that ability to run everywhere and may ring some other bells.

--
Antonin

> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 4:52:06 PM GMT+1, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
>
> As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
>
> It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
>
> As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
>
> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Trilok
Could be anything which express its best feature, like,
"Apache Camel 3 - Simplify Integration"

--
Trilok

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019, 11:14 PM Antonin Stefanutti <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On 19 Feb 2019, at 18:26, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm fine with that tagline, but maybe we need to maintain something from
> the old one too? What do you think?
>
> However I’m all in a world of containers, I tend to agree. One a the key
> value of Camel, besides the awesome DSL and connectors, is its target
> runtimes versatility. So Maybe something like:
>
> "Apache Camel 3: Agile integration framework..."
>
> As it captures that ability to run everywhere and may ring some other
> bells.
>
> --
> Antonin
>
> > --
> > Andrea Cosentino
> > ----------------------------------
> > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > Apache Karaf Committer
> > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > Email: [hidden email]
> > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > Github: oscerd
> >

> > On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 4:52:06 PM GMT+1, Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> > (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
> >
> > As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> > summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
> >
> > It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> > be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
> >
> > As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> > many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> > single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
> >
> > However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
> >
> > * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> > cloud-native micro integrations
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Ron Cecchini
I'm not gonna lie, I don't like anything that comes after "integration framework" ...

I still consider myself a newbie (to Camel), but I like Trilok Agarwal's idea to focus on what Camel is really known for (at least to this newbie) and does really well - simplifying integration.

In fact, before I even saw any of the replies, the first tag-line I thought of was, "Infinite Integration", with the attached silly logo.

> On February 19, 2019 at 10:51 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
>
> As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
>
> It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
>
> As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
>
> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

AW: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

christian.jacob@innogy.com
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to stretch the cloud so much. If I was working for an employer which has to keep secrets, the word "cloud" would surely discourage me.

Kind regards,
Christian

> On 19 Feb 2019, at 18:26, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm fine with that tagline, but maybe we need to maintain something from the old one too? What do you think?

However I’m all in a world of containers, I tend to agree. One a the key value of Camel, besides the awesome DSL and connectors, is its target runtimes versatility. So Maybe something like:

"Apache Camel 3: Agile integration framework..."

As it captures that ability to run everywhere and may ring some other bells.

--
Antonin

> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 4:52:06 PM GMT+1, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
>
> As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
>
> It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
>
> As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
>
> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

> https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdavsclaus.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce79ab9f270764690f75708d69691de97%7Cf481d56fc63d4d748406d64e74f44395%7C0%7C1%7C636861950579121214&amp;sdata=uKTd%2BFdBmcyRKYDB6y%2FKP6qsD0knKCtglm4IwnvbQcY%3D&amp;reserved=0 @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2: https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.manning.com%2Fibsen2&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce79ab9f270764690f75708d69691de97%7Cf481d56fc63d4d748406d64e74f44395%7C0%7C1%7C636861950579121214&amp;sdata=7YbAhn0ft5iCL0UWYnW%2BVKvkSbgnSOBBfwSbiIYoNqQ%3D&amp;reserved=0

innogy SE
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Erhard Schipporeit
Vorstand: Uwe Tigges (Vorsitzender), Dr. Hans Buenting,
Dr. Bernhard Guenther, Arno Hahn, Martin Herrmann, Hildegard Mueller
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Essen, Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Essen,
Handelsregister-Nr. HRB 27091, USt-IdNr. DE304171711

AW: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Burkard Stephan
Hi all

+1 for "Integrate everything!"
because it is short, catchy and it refers to Camels outstanding versatility with its hundreds of components.

It is true that Camel has a lot of other noteworthy features like runtime flexibility etc. but as soon as the tagline wants to cover multiple things, it gets "bulky" or "buzzwordy".

To link the tagline back to the project name and add a pinch of humor it could also be
"Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

> As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
>
> As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
>
> It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
>
> As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
>
> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud- native micro integrations

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

gnodet
> Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

I think the proposed tagline focuses too much on cloud, and even if that's
definitely something we want to emphasize in the set of capabilities that
Camel provides, having it in the tag line kinda implies that Camel is
mainly focusing on cloud and not traditional integration.

> "Integrate everything"
> "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

+1 I like both a lot.

In the same direction, and to keep the versatile side we could have:
  "Integrate everything everywhere"
but not sure it's better.

Guillaume

Le mer. 20 févr. 2019 à 08:28, Burkard Stephan <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi all
>
> +1 for "Integrate everything!"
> because it is short, catchy and it refers to Camels outstanding
> versatility with its hundreds of components.
>
> It is true that Camel has a lot of other noteworthy features like runtime
> flexibility etc. but as soon as the tagline wants to cover multiple things,
> it gets "bulky" or "buzzwordy".
>
> To link the tagline back to the project name and add a pinch of humor it
> could also be
> "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

skin27
It can be straight-forward like:

"Apache Integration Framework"

Apache, because it's well-known and trusted
Integration Framework, because that's what it is.

If it needs to be more punchy than

"Integrate everything"

Sounds good to me. Alternative taglines:

Integration for all with all
Integration framework, that let integration work
Get your data together
IF Camel, what ELSE (where IF=Integration Framework)

Raymond

Op wo 20 feb. 2019 om 08:38 schreef Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>:

> > Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> > cloud-native micro integrations
> >

> I think the proposed tagline focuses too much on cloud, and even if that's
> definitely something we want to emphasize in the set of capabilities that
> Camel provides, having it in the tag line kinda implies that Camel is
> mainly focusing on cloud and not traditional integration.
>

> > "Integrate everything"
> > "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)
> >

> +1 I like both a lot.
>
> In the same direction, and to keep the versatile side we could have:
>   "Integrate everything everywhere"
> but not sure it's better.
>
> Guillaume
>
> Le mer. 20 févr. 2019 à 08:28, Burkard Stephan <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > +1 for "Integrate everything!"
> > because it is short, catchy and it refers to Camels outstanding
> > versatility with its hundreds of components.
> >
> > It is true that Camel has a lot of other noteworthy features like runtime
> > flexibility etc. but as soon as the tagline wants to cover multiple
> things,
> > it gets "bulky" or "buzzwordy".
> >
> > To link the tagline back to the project name and add a pinch of humor it
> > could also be
> > "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

tadayosi
Hi folks,

* Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

To be honest, I love the *lightweight-ness* of Apache Camel but the word
"full-stack" sounds like a rather heavier, opinionated framework that
enforces developers how an app should be programmed.

I don't have a talent to come up with catchy taglines, so let me just point
to some known ones:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/docs/user-manual/en/faq/why-the-name-camel.adoc

   -

   You can go a long way with Camel!
   -

   Don’t get the hump get Camel!
   -

   No where to evolve to? Get Camel!
   -

   One hump or two?
   -

   Don’t get lost in a desert of XML config files, get Camel!
   -

   It’s not a mirage, it’s a Camel!

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:52 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
> (yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).
>
> As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
> summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).
>
> It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
> be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.
>
> As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
> many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
> single tag-line that spans all use-cases.
>
> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Francois Papon

I'm agree with Guillaume about not focuses too much on cloud, Camel can
be use in many other cases.

We can also have:

"Integrate the world" or "Integrate your business"

It's just ideas and may be too "enterprise"...

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 20/02/2019 à 11:38, Guillaume Nodet a écrit :

>> Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
>> cloud-native micro integrations
>>
> I think the proposed tagline focuses too much on cloud, and even if that's
> definitely something we want to emphasize in the set of capabilities that
> Camel provides, having it in the tag line kinda implies that Camel is
> mainly focusing on cloud and not traditional integration.
>

>> "Integrate everything"
>> "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)
>>
> +1 I like both a lot.
>
> In the same direction, and to keep the versatile side we could have:
>   "Integrate everything everywhere"
> but not sure it's better.
>
> Guillaume
>
> Le mer. 20 févr. 2019 à 08:28, Burkard Stephan <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> +1 for "Integrate everything!"
>> because it is short, catchy and it refers to Camels outstanding
>> versatility with its hundreds of components.
>>
>> It is true that Camel has a lot of other noteworthy features like runtime
>> flexibility etc. but as soon as the tagline wants to cover multiple things,
>> it gets "bulky" or "buzzwordy".
>>
>> To link the tagline back to the project name and add a pinch of humor it
>> could also be
>> "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

Valdis
+1 for "Integrate Everything!"

I'm agree with Guillaume about not focuses too much on cloud, Camel can be use in many other cases.

We can also have:

"Integrate the world" or "Integrate your business"

It's just ideas and may be too "enterprise"...

regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 20/02/2019 à 11:38, Guillaume Nodet a écrit :

>> Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
>> cloud-native micro integrations
>>
> I think the proposed tagline focuses too much on cloud, and even if
> that's definitely something we want to emphasize in the set of
> capabilities that Camel provides, having it in the tag line kinda
> implies that Camel is mainly focusing on cloud and not traditional integration.
>

>> "Integrate everything"
>> "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)
>>
> +1 I like both a lot.
>
> In the same direction, and to keep the versatile side we could have:
>   "Integrate everything everywhere"
> but not sure it's better.
>
> Guillaume
>
> Le mer. 20 févr. 2019 à 08:28, Burkard Stephan
> <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> +1 for "Integrate everything!"
>> because it is short, catchy and it refers to Camels outstanding
>> versatility with its hundreds of components.
>>
>> It is true that Camel has a lot of other noteworthy features like
>> runtime flexibility etc. but as soon as the tagline wants to cover
>> multiple things, it gets "bulky" or "buzzwordy".
>>
>> To link the tagline back to the project name and add a pinch of humor
>> it could also be "Integrate everything without humps" ;-)

Vhi Group DAC (Vhi) is a holding company for insurance and healthcare services, which include Vhi Healthcare DAC, Vhi Insurance DAC, Vhi Health Services DAC and Vhi Investments DAC. Vhi Healthcare DAC trading as Vhi Healthcare and Vhi Insurance DAC trading as Vhi Insurance are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Vhi Healthcare is tied to Vhi Insurance DAC for health insurance in Ireland which is underwritten by Vhi Insurance DAC. Vhi Healthcare is tied to Zurich Life Assurance plc for Vhi Life Term Insurance and Vhi Mortgage Protection which is underwritten by Zurich Life Assurance plc. Vhi Healthcare is tied to Collinson Insurance Services Limited for MultiTrip Travel Insurance, Backpacker Travel Insurance and Vhi Dental Insurance which are underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK branch and for Vhi Canada Cover and Vhi International Health Insurance which are underwritten by Astrenska Insurance Limited. For more information about the Vhi Group please go to: https://www.vhi.ie/about-vhi.

Tá Vhi Group DAC (Vhi) ina chuideachta sealbhaíochta le haghaidh seirbhísí árachais agus seirbhísí cúram sláinte, lena n-áirítear Vhi Healthcare DAC, Vhi Insurance DAC, Vhi Health Services DAC agus Vhi Investments DAC. Déanann Banc Ceannais na hÉireann rialáil ar Vhi Healthcare DAC, ag trádáil dó mar Vhi Healthcare, agus ar Vhi Insurance DAC, ag trádáil dó mar Vhi Insurance. Tá Vhi Healthcare ceangailte le Vhi Insurance DAC le haghaidh árachas sláinte in Éirinn, rud atá frithgheallta ag Vhi Insurance DAC. Tá Vhi Healthcare ceangailte le Zurich Life Assurance plc le haghaidh Árachais Saoil de chuid Vhi agus Árachas Cosanta Morgáiste de chuid Vhi atá frithgheallta ag Zurich Life Assurance plc. Tá Vhi Healthcare ceangailte le Collinson Insurance Services Limited le haghaidh Árachas Taistil Ilturais agus Turasóirí Mála Droma agus Árachas Fiaclóireachta de chuid Vhi atá frithgheallta ag Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK branch agus le haghaidh Clúdach Cheanada de chuid Vhi agus Árachas Sláinte Idirnáisiúnta de chuid Vhi atá frithgheallta ag Astrenska Insurance Limited. Chun tuilleadh faisnéise a fháil faoi Ghrúpa Vhi, tabhair cuairt ar: https://www.vhi.ie/about-vhi.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Unless you are the intended recipient you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. Any opinions expressed are that of the individual and not necessarily that of the Vhi Group. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by return.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

James Carman
Apache Camel: Integrate All the Things!
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Valdis Andersons <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 for "Integrate Everything!"

Ashwin Karpe
+1 for "Integrate Everything!"

- Ashwin...

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:32 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Apache Camel: Integrate All the Things!
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Valdis Andersons <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 for "Integrate Everything!"

Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
Red Hat
http://www.redhat.com

Blog:http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Dicken George
Here is one !

Apache Camel: „Your saddle for Integration“

Cheers,
Dicken George

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 1:32 pm, James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Apache Camel: Integrate All the Things!
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Valdis Andersons <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 for "Integrate Everything!"

Dicken George

RE: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Bill Durksen
Here's one that uses (hints at) the camel metaphor:

        "Delivering your messages anywhere, instantly!"

Bill Durksen
The information contained in this E-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please delete or destroy any copies of it.

Dicken George

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

+1 for "Integrate Everything!"
it's simple and catchy.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:41 PM Ashwin Karpe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for "Integrate Everything!"
>
> - Ashwin...
>

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:32 AM James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Apache Camel: Integrate All the Things!
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 6:23 AM Valdis Andersons <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 for "Integrate Everything!"

Re: AW: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Ron Cecchini
(This is the graphic I was trying to send yesterday.  Please excuse the horrendous ASCII "art" !)

   Infinite Integration!

     _ oo
    / '
    |    Java = Camel
  '_/ 1

> However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:
>
> * Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building cloud- native micro integrations

Re: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, keep it coming.

I agree also that Camel is very versatile and has a proven track
record of being used in all sorts of platforms and environments, and
that's its adaptable to changing times, eg its been around for 11
years and still going strong.

I think we can have more than one tag line, where some of them are
suitable for different platforms (public/private cloud, iot, app
servers, standalone, etc.)