[DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

hadrian
The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most
importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.

Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Tracy Snell-2
+1

On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:08 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>
> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Johan Edstrom-2
+1

Sent from my pressure cooker.

On Nov 28, 2013, at 21:19, Tracy Snell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:08 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>>
>> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Charles Moulliard-2
+1

--
Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat
Twitter : @cmoulliard | Blog :  http://cmoulliard.github.io

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Raul Kripalani
+1.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
> maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly,
> doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>
> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

+1

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
          http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Tracy Snell wrote:

> +1
>
> On Nov 28, 2013, at 9:08 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email] (mailto:[hidden email])> wrote:
>
> > The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
> >
> > Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

James Carman
+1

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
> maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly,
> doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>
> Hadrian

Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Christian Mueller
+1

Best,
Christian
Am 29.11.2013 03:08 schrieb "Hadrian Zbarcea" <[hidden email]>:

> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
> maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most importantly,
> doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>
> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

bibryam
 +1 (non binding)

well spotted

--
Bilgin Ibryam

Apache Camel & Apache OFBiz committer
Blog: ofbizian.com
Twitter: @bibryam <https://twitter.com/bibryam>

Author of Instant Apache Camel Message Routing
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Babak Vahdat

Does anybody know where we ended up with this?

Babak

Babak Vahdat wrote
+1 for 2.13.0

Babak

hadrian wrote

Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

hadrian
This was a discuss thread. Since it wasn't a vote, there was no formal
[result] message. I assume that the reason for the end of discussion is
that nobody had anything to add. The not so lazy consensus was to remove
the camel:dot goal.

The only one who expressed an opinion as to when to remove the camel:dot
goal was you, Babak. As nobody challenged your request it will be done
for 2.13.0. We should probably document it as deprecated now, although
it doesn't matter too much, as it hasn't been used since forever. Feel
free to take care of it if you want, although there's plenty of time
until the release.

I hope my $0.02 are of some help,
Hadrian

On 01/12/2014 05:26 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know where we ended up with this?
>
> Babak
>

> Babak Vahdat wrote
>> +1 for 2.13.0
>>
>> Babak
>> hadrian wrote
>>> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
>>> maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most
>>> importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>>>
>>> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Babak Vahdat
Hi

Actually we've already marked this as deprecated since ages (see the section "... is *@deprecated*."):

   http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/CONF-Apache-Camel-gt-Camel-Maven-Plugin-td5715931.html

However as a result of the recent css/javascript changes on the website itself that's probably not that much readable:

   http://camel.apache.org/camel-maven-plugin.html

Babak

hadrian wrote
This was a discuss thread. Since it wasn't a vote, there was no formal
[result] message. I assume that the reason for the end of discussion is
that nobody had anything to add. The not so lazy consensus was to remove
the camel:dot goal.

The only one who expressed an opinion as to when to remove the camel:dot
goal was you, Babak. As nobody challenged your request it will be done
for 2.13.0. We should probably document it as deprecated now, although
it doesn't matter too much, as it hasn't been used since forever. Feel
free to take care of it if you want, although there's plenty of time
until the release.

I hope my $0.02 are of some help,
Hadrian

On 01/12/2014 05:26 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anybody know where we ended up with this?
>
> Babak
>

> Babak Vahdat wrote
>> +1 for 2.13.0
>>
>> Babak
>> hadrian wrote
>>> The camel:dot goal provided by the camel-maven-plugin has not been
>>> maintained in 5+ years, produces poor quality output and, most
>>> importantly, doesn't seem to be used. I propose to remove it.
>>>
>>> Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

hadrian
Even better. Thanks,
Hadrian

On 01/12/2014 07:04 PM, Babak Vahdat wrote:

> Hi
>
> Actually we've already marked this as deprecated since ages (see the section
> "... is *@deprecated*."):
>

> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/CONF-Apache-Camel-gt-Camel-Maven-Plugin-td5715931.html
>
> However as a result of the recent css/javascript changes on the website
> itself that's probably not that much readable:
>
>     http://camel.apache.org/camel-maven-plugin.html
>
> Babak
>

> hadrian wrote
>> This was a discuss thread. Since it wasn't a vote, there was no formal
>> [result] message. I assume that the reason for the end of discussion is
>> that nobody had anything to add. The not so lazy consensus was to remove
>> the camel:dot goal.
>>
>> The only one who expressed an opinion as to when to remove the camel:dot
>> goal was you, Babak. As nobody challenged your request it will be done
>> for 2.13.0. We should probably document it as deprecated now, although
>> it doesn't matter too much, as it hasn't been used since forever. Feel
>> free to take care of it if you want, although there's plenty of time
>> until the release.
>>
>> I hope my $0.02 are of some help,
>> Hadrian
>>

>> On 01/12/2014 05:26 AM, Babak Vahdat wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Does anybody know where we ended up with this?
>>>
>>> Babak
>>>

>>> Babak Vahdat wrote

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the camel:dot goal

Logged a ticket

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Babak Vahdat