[Discuss] Experimenting Camel as Kafka Connect

[Discuss] Experimenting Camel as Kafka Connect

omarsmak
Hello Camel riders,

Recently I stumbled across this repo from jboss-fuse (
https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector), basically this will
run Camel as a Kafka Connect connector while leverage the Kafka Connect
runtime to run Camel, of course the trade of that you will have a strong
coupling with Kafka, has anyone done any experiment with it? What do you
think of it?

Regards,
Omar

Re: [Discuss] Experimenting Camel as Kafka Connect

Andrea Cosentino-3
We are working on that with Andrea Tarocchi as a side project.

We believe is a good idea and we are trying to stabilize it a bit.

The plan is to donate it to ASF at some point.

Il giorno gio 7 nov 2019 alle ore 11:39 Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hello Camel riders,
>
> Recently I stumbled across this repo from jboss-fuse (
> https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector), basically this will
> run Camel as a Kafka Connect connector while leverage the Kafka Connect
> runtime to run Camel, of course the trade of that you will have a strong
> coupling with Kafka, has anyone done any experiment with it? What do you
> think of it?
>
> Regards,
> Omar

Re: [Discuss] Experimenting Camel as Kafka Connect

omarsmak
Ah perfect, I think I can help on it as well as I worked a lot with Kafka
Connect in the past. It will be interesting to see Camel runs into Kafka
Connect runtime.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 11:42, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are working on that with Andrea Tarocchi as a side project.
>
> We believe is a good idea and we are trying to stabilize it a bit.
>
> The plan is to donate it to ASF at some point.
>
> Il giorno gio 7 nov 2019 alle ore 11:39 Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hello Camel riders,
> >
> > Recently I stumbled across this repo from jboss-fuse (
> > https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector), basically this
> will
> > run Camel as a Kafka Connect connector while leverage the Kafka Connect
> > runtime to run Camel, of course the trade of that you will have a strong
> > coupling with Kafka, has anyone done any experiment with it? What do you
> > think of it?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Omar

Re: [Discuss] Experimenting Camel as Kafka Connect

Andrea Cosentino-2
Sure, you're more than welcome to help!

--
Andrea Cosentino