Generating PropertyConfigurerSupport and SpringAutoConfiguration classes for configurations loaded via reflections

Generating PropertyConfigurerSupport and SpringAutoConfiguration classes for configurations loaded via reflections

omarsmak
Hello folks,

I was working on generating Camel Configuration bean via a maven plugin
which generates the configuration that I need, compile them before calling
camel maven plugin and then I load the configuration bean via reflection by
looking up the name of the class during the runtime, so far it works
smoothly. However, I realized when we generate PropertyConfigurerSupport
and SpringAutoConfiguration classes via camel apt and camel maven plugin,
we get configuration field through reflection which will not work in case I
load these configuration during runtime since the concrete implementation
information are not available , any idea on how to workaround this?

Thanks,
Omar

Re: Generating PropertyConfigurerSupport and SpringAutoConfiguration classes for configurations loaded via reflections

jbonofre
Hi,

The annotation, etc, are at build time, and then created as "endpoint"
at runtime.

Do you want to get the configuration at runtime ? It's also possible via
the endpoint, getting URI. For bean based configuration, you can always
provide a "configuration" retrieve method to call at runtime.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Generating PropertyConfigurerSupport and SpringAutoConfiguration classes for configurations loaded via reflections

omarsmak
Hi JB,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Apparently is my fault, I forgot about the
fact that I actually generate all of these classes before the compilation,
therefore the apt processor will get the correct information.

Thanks again,

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 15:44, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The annotation, etc, are at build time, and then created as "endpoint"
> at runtime.
>
> Do you want to get the configuration at runtime ? It's also possible via
> the endpoint, getting URI. For bean based configuration, you can always
> provide a "configuration" retrieve method to call at runtime.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 14/10/2019 15:40, Omar Al-Safi wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > I was working on generating Camel Configuration bean via a maven plugin
> > which generates the configuration that I need, compile them before
> calling
> > camel maven plugin and then I load the configuration bean via reflection
> by
> > looking up the name of the class during the runtime, so far it works
> > smoothly. However, I realized when we generate PropertyConfigurerSupport
> > and SpringAutoConfiguration classes via camel apt and camel maven plugin,
> > we get configuration field through reflection which will not work in
> case I
> > load these configuration during runtime since the concrete implementation
> > information are not available , any idea on how to workaround this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Omar
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Generating PropertyConfigurerSupport and SpringAutoConfiguration classes for configurations loaded via reflections

jbonofre
No problem ;)

Always happy to help.

Let me know if I can help on this one.