[HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

12

[HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.

So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
component names.

I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
even remove it).

Any thoughts?

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Nicola Ferraro
+1

It's always difficult to tell people why they have to use http4 during
demos ;)

Nicola

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 11:48 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>
> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> component names.
>
> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> even remove it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

gnodet
+1 Sounds good !

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

+1

Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>
> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> component names.
>
> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> even remove it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Alex Dettinger
+1

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <
> [hidden email]>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> > they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> > use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> > deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
> >
> > So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> > component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> > component names.
> >
> > I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> > favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> > even remove it).
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

tadayosi
+1

Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
variants.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <
> > [hidden email]>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> > > they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> > > use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> > > deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
> > >
> > > So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> > > component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> > > component names.
> > >
> > > I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> > > favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> > > even remove it).
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Dmitry Volodin
+1

And +1 to good idea from Tadayoshi as we have a set of the versions based
components, like elastcisearch, jetty, quartz, etc.
--
Best regards,
Dmitry Volodin

чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 13:24, Tadayoshi Sato <[hidden email]>:

> +1
>
> Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> variants.
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <
> > > [hidden email]>

> as

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Andrea Cosentino-3
elasticsearch in Camel 3 exixts only as elasticsearch-rest scheme.

Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 12:31 Dmitry Volodin <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> +1
>
> And +1 to good idea from Tadayoshi as we have a set of the versions based
> components, like elastcisearch, jetty, quartz, etc.
> --
> Best regards,
> Dmitry Volodin
>

> чт, 25 июл. 2019 г. в 13:24, Tadayoshi Sato <[hidden email]>:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> > variants.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1

> http
> should

> > as

> then
> (or

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Tadayoshi Sato
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> variants.

Yeah we have

- camel-quartz2
- camel-netty4
- camel-netty4-http
- camel-mongodb3
- camel-mina2
- camel-hdfs2
- camel-rxjava2
- camel-sjms2

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <
> > > [hidden email]>

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Claus Ibsen-2
I logged a ticket to rename the other components, then we have a clean
start for Camel 3

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:33 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Tadayoshi Sato
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> > variants.
> >

> Yeah we have
>
> - camel-quartz2
> - camel-netty4
> - camel-netty4-http
> - camel-mongodb3
> - camel-mina2
> - camel-hdfs2
> - camel-rxjava2
> - camel-sjms2
>

> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Francois Papon
Agree, it make sense!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 25/07/2019 à 12:23, Tadayoshi Sato a écrit :

> +1
>
> Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> variants.
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Il giorno gio 25 lug 2019 alle ore 11:48 Claus Ibsen <
>>> [hidden email]>

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

lburgazzoli
+1

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM Francois Papon <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Agree, it make sense!
>
> regards,
>
> François
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 25/07/2019 à 12:23, Tadayoshi Sato a écrit :
> > +1
> >
> > Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> > variants.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM Alex Dettinger <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> +1

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Zoran Regvart-2
+1 I'm so delighted that we'll consider/are doing this :) I do think
that Camel as a framework should take on the responsibility to hide
these details from the user, user wants to invoke HTTP endpoints, the
user doesn't care which version of HTTP Components/Netty/Jetty... is
under the hood.

zoran

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 11:48 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>
> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> component names.
>
> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> even remove it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Zoran Regvart

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Freeman-2
+1

Thanks!
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.

> On Jul 25, 2019, at 5:48 AM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>
> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> component names.
>
> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> even remove it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

jbonofre
+1

Regards
JB

Le 25 juil. 2019 à 20:31, à 20:31, Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> a écrit:

>+1 I'm so delighted that we'll consider/are doing this :) I do think
>that Camel as a framework should take on the responsibility to hide
>these details from the user, user wants to invoke HTTP endpoints, the
>user doesn't care which version of HTTP Components/Netty/Jetty... is
>under the hood.
>
>zoran
>
>On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 11:48 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
>> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
>> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
>> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>>
>> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
>> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4
>as
>> component names.
>>
>> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
>> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
>> even remove it).
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

>Zoran Regvart

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Zheng Feng
+1

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 7:14 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I logged a ticket to rename the other components, then we have a clean
> start for Camel 3
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:33 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Tadayoshi Sato
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> > > variants.
> > >

> > Yeah we have
> >
> > - camel-quartz2
> > - camel-netty4
> > - camel-netty4-http
> > - camel-mongodb3
> > - camel-mina2
> > - camel-hdfs2
> > - camel-rxjava2
> > - camel-sjms2

> http
> should

> http4 as

> then
> http4 (or

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

+1 for the upgrading the component name.
Here are my quick question about the documentation.  There may be some
changes between Camel 3 and Camel 2.
How can we warning the user the name is changed?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 5:22 AM Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for the upgrading the component name.
> Here are my quick question about the documentation.  There may be some
> changes between Camel 3 and Camel 2.
> How can we warning the user the name is changed?

In the migration guide where we have all those details

> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 6:34 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Tadayoshi Sato
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Maybe it's also good time to review other components that have similar
> > > variants.
> > >

> > Yeah we have
> >
> > - camel-quartz2
> > - camel-netty4
> > - camel-netty4-http
> > - camel-mongodb3
> > - camel-mina2
> > - camel-hdfs2
> > - camel-rxjava2
> > - camel-sjms2

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Camel-Http4 has been renamed to Camel-http.
The supported scheme now are only http and https
The components using the camel-http4 dep have been updated.

For the future we may think of changing the packages name too.

ha scritto:

> Hi
>
> So what has been bothering Camel 2.x users is that when they use http
> they would likely use the camel-http4 component and then they should
> use http4 as the component name. The old camel-http component is
> deprecated as the http client it uses is EOL for many many years.
>
> So with Camel 3 on the way we have deleted the old camel-http
> component and the camel-http4 component now has both http and http4 as
> component names.
>
> I think we should rename the camel-http4 back to camel-http and then
> favour using http as the component name, and then deprecate http4 (or
> even remove it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Re: [HEADS UP] - camel3 - camel-http4 renaming to camel-http

Andrea Cosentino-3
I'll focus on the other components in the list in the coming weeks.

This one was probably the worst to change, because of his wide usage.