Handling duplicate messages with aggreator

Handling duplicate messages with aggreator

gilboy
Hi

I have the following use case. I receive in Order objects which all have an OrderId, ProductionId and ProductionCount.

Hence, the productionId is my correlationExpression and the ProductionCount is the completionSize.

This all works well. However, I may receive the same order twice(same OrderId twice). Hence, before adding anything to the AggregationRepository I would like to first check to see for the given correlationExpression(ProductionId) does the Order(OrderId) already exist.

Is there support for this use case with the Aggregator?

Thanks
Joe

Re: Handling duplicate messages with aggreator

Andrew Block
If you are concerned about receiving duplicate messages, you can look to implement an idempotent consumer [1] to filter out the duplicate messages prior to aggregation.

- Andy

[1] - http://camel.apache.org/idempotent-consumer.html

--
Andrew Block