Integration stand at FOSDEM

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
FOSDEM organizers have announced the acceptance of the "Integration
Process Community" stand[1]. Stands are good opportunity to spread the
word about Camel, meet and talk to the community. FOSDEM stands in
particular, in my experience, receive a high foot traffic.

I'm planning on going to FOSDEM and I can man the stand and represent
Apache Camel there.

If you wish to participate in the stand please come forward. Also if
you have any ideas or suggestions, for example: material that could be
presented there.

zoran

[1] https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-11-19-accepted-stands/
Zoran Regvart

Re: Integration stand at FOSDEM

jbonofre
Hi Zoran,

I plan to be there as well !

I would like to present an update about Camel on Karaf/Cloud if it works
for you guys.

Regards
JB

On 21/11/2019 12:43, Zoran Regvart wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> FOSDEM organizers have announced the acceptance of the "Integration
> Process Community" stand[1]. Stands are good opportunity to spread the
> word about Camel, meet and talk to the community. FOSDEM stands in
> particular, in my experience, receive a high foot traffic.
>
> I'm planning on going to FOSDEM and I can man the stand and represent
> Apache Camel there.
>
> If you wish to participate in the stand please come forward. Also if
> you have any ideas or suggestions, for example: material that could be
> presented there.
>
> zoran
>
> [1] https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-11-19-accepted-stands/

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Integration stand at FOSDEM

Omar Al-Safi
Hi Zoran,

I will be there as well, hence I can help you out with the Camel stand :).

Looking forward to meet you guys!

Regards,
Omar

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 4:22 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Zoran,
>
> I plan to be there as well !
>
> I would like to present an update about Camel on Karaf/Cloud if it works
> for you guys.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 21/11/2019 12:43, Zoran Regvart wrote:
> > Hi Cameleers,
> > FOSDEM organizers have announced the acceptance of the "Integration
> > Process Community" stand[1]. Stands are good opportunity to spread the
> > word about Camel, meet and talk to the community. FOSDEM stands in
> > particular, in my experience, receive a high foot traffic.
> >
> > I'm planning on going to FOSDEM and I can man the stand and represent
> > Apache Camel there.
> >
> > If you wish to participate in the stand please come forward. Also if
> > you have any ideas or suggestions, for example: material that could be
> > presented there.
> >
> > zoran
> >
> > [1] https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-11-19-accepted-stands/
> >

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Integration stand at FOSDEM

Francois Papon

+1 for me too :)

I would be more than happy to participate.

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 25/11/2019 à 16:22, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> Hi Zoran,
>
> I plan to be there as well !
>
> I would like to present an update about Camel on Karaf/Cloud if it works
> for you guys.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 21/11/2019 12:43, Zoran Regvart wrote:
>> Hi Cameleers,
>> FOSDEM organizers have announced the acceptance of the "Integration
>> Process Community" stand[1]. Stands are good opportunity to spread the
>> word about Camel, meet and talk to the community. FOSDEM stands in
>> particular, in my experience, receive a high foot traffic.
>>
>> I'm planning on going to FOSDEM and I can man the stand and represent
>> Apache Camel there.
>>
>> If you wish to participate in the stand please come forward. Also if
>> you have any ideas or suggestions, for example: material that could be
>> presented there.
>>
>> zoran
>>
>> [1] https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-11-19-accepted-stands/

Re: Integration stand at FOSDEM

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
awesome to see interest in going to FOSDEM. There's a wiki page[1] for
the ASF presence there (ASF also has a stand), you can add yourself to
the list of attendees, this would help drive a social event where we
could all meet up.

Just to clarify, my colleague Maria (you might have noticed her PRs on
the camel-kudu component), arranged for this and all props to her for
doing that. I've posted the application for the stand earlier[2].

As for the stand, I think we can have one or two laptops running some
slides/demos. We could also have some time slots reserved for shorter
(say 20-30mins) presentations or demos and advertise them beforehand
on the website/twitter and at the stand. And we could also arrange for
rotation on the stand, no need for anyone to be there all the time,
this can be arranged when the schedule is up.

We (Maria and myself) intend to promote Syndesis as well as Camel
there, and we welcome all participation in the free software
integration space. So if you know of other projects that might be
interested in presenting at the stand please invite them also.
Hopefully this might lead up to a devroom at some future FOSDEM.

I'll look into a Camel BoF session as well, those get allotted and
announced closer to the conference date.

Thoughts, comments?

zoran

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/FOSDEM+2020
[2] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/camel-dev/201909.mbox/%3CCABD_Zr8YG8G%2BLJ4DuJsVEb-A%2BwA2-8pHRe0e7EGULu3DB5a%3DHQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E