JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Peter Palaga
Hi *,

I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
[1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
will work for Java 8 to 11?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691

Thanks,

-- Peter
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Peter Palaga
I reported this as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-12972
-- P

On 30/11/2018 18:27, Peter Palaga wrote:
> I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
> Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
> Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
> There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
> [1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
> will work for Java 8 to 11?
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Zoran Regvart-2
In reply to this post by Peter Palaga
Hi Peter,
the current state targeted for a future Camel version of JAXB and Java
9+ compatibility is on the `java-10-test`[1] branch.

There we use javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api and org.glassfish.jaxb:jaxb-runtime,

zoran

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/java-10-test
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:28 PM Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi *,
>
> I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
> Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
> Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
> There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
> [1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
> will work for Java 8 to 11?
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Peter



--
Zoran Regvart
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Peter Palaga
Hi Zoran, so Camel 2.23.0 is not supposed to work well on Java 11? Which
Camel release is the java-10-test branch targeting? -- P

On 01/12/2018 13:36, Zoran Regvart wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> the current state targeted for a future Camel version of JAXB and Java
> 9+ compatibility is on the `java-10-test`[1] branch.
>
> There we use javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api and org.glassfish.jaxb:jaxb-runtime,
>
> zoran
>
> [1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/java-10-test
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:28 PM Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
>> Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
>> Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
>> There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
>> [1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
>> will work for Java 8 to 11?
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- Peter
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Peter,
most of the changes that are required to run on Java 11 are already on
the master, like dependency upgrades of Spring/Spring Boot, Groovy,
MVEL...

Camel, with the right dependencies, most notably on JAXB, could work
just fine on Java 11.

I'm hoping on getting the remaining 5% of tests that fail on
`java-10-test` branch succeeding soon and then that'll merge over to
`master`.

To me this looks like it'll be 2.24. You're more than welcome to test
and report any issues we might have missed with tests.

zoran

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 9:38 PM Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Zoran, so Camel 2.23.0 is not supposed to work well on Java 11? Which
> Camel release is the java-10-test branch targeting? -- P
>
> On 01/12/2018 13:36, Zoran Regvart wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> > the current state targeted for a future Camel version of JAXB and Java
> > 9+ compatibility is on the `java-10-test`[1] branch.
> >
> > There we use javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api and org.glassfish.jaxb:jaxb-runtime,
> >
> > zoran
> >
> > [1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/java-10-test
> > On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 6:28 PM Peter Palaga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi *,
> >>
> >> I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
> >> Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
> >> Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
> >> There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
> >> [1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
> >> will work for Java 8 to 11?
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> -- Peter
> >
> >
> >
>


--
Zoran Regvart