JMS component concurrent consumers config

JMS component concurrent consumers config

Pavel-3
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what degree of control do I have for JMS consumers.
I'm using ActiveMQ.

This page http://camel.apache.org/jms.html mentions 2 relevant parametersL
concurrentConsumers
 Specifies the default number of concurrent consumers.
maxConcurrentConsumers
 Specifies the maximum number of concurrent consumers.
Can someone please clarify how camel decides on number of concurrent
consumers, what affects this number, and how the params above are relevant?

Thanks,
Pavel

Re: JMS component concurrent consumers config

Bruno Borges
There's one parameter called "concurrentConsumers".

The default is 1.

Cheers,
Bruno

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Pavel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out what degree of control do I have for JMS consumers.
> I'm using ActiveMQ.
>
> This page http://camel.apache.org/jms.html mentions 2 relevant parametersL
> concurrentConsumers
>  Specifies the default number of concurrent consumers.
> maxConcurrentConsumers
>  Specifies the maximum number of concurrent consumers.
> Can someone please clarify how camel decides on number of concurrent
> consumers, what affects this number, and how the params above are relevant?

Its spring-jms underneath. See the spring documentation, i.e. the
DefaultMessageListenerContainer

> Thanks,
> Pavel

Apache Camel Committer

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Re: JMS component concurrent consumers config

Bruno Borges
Oh, sorry. I didn't notice you mentioned both parameters.

The number of concurrent consumers will start at 'concurrentConsumers' and
Camel will increase until it reaches 'maxConcurrentConsumers'. There's no
magic in the middle, like min iddle consumers.