Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?

ex:

from(file:///c:/temp/test)
.to("log:Message received")
.to("jbi:endpoint:urn:jms-queue");

Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.

Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?

Regards,

Charles
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Jon Anstey
You *must* be able to do this... :) you may have to use ServiceMix
though as the JBI provider.

This is a good example of such a case:
http://servicemix.apache.org/34-exchanging-messages-with-other-jbi-services.html

Cheers,
Jon

cmoulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the
> question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?
>
> ex:
>
> from(file:///c:/temp/test)
> .to("log:Message received")
> .to("jbi:endpoint:urn:jms-queue");
>
> Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.
>
> Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

jstrachan
Agreed. The only real requirement when mixing JBI and camel endpoints
is that the Camel route must be deployed inside a JBI container at the
time - i.e. running inside a servicemix-camel Service Unit to be able
to invoke JBI endpoints.

Also its worth understanding that every invoke of a JBI endpoint
involves message normalization (conversion to/from XML etc)

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Charles Moulliard
Nobody answer to this question : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?

Charles

James.Strachan wrote

On 11/04/2008, Jonathan Anstey <janstey@gmail.com> wrote:
> You *must* be able to do this... :) you may have to use ServiceMix though as
> the JBI provider.
>
>  This is a good example of such a case:
> http://servicemix.apache.org/34-exchanging-messages-with-other-jbi-services.html
>
>  Cheers,
>  Jon
>

>  cmoulliard wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the
> > question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?
> >
> > ex:
> >
> > from(file:///c:/temp/test)
> > .to("log:Message received")
> > .to("jbi:endpoint:urn:jms-queue");
> >
> > Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.
> >
> > Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Charles

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

RomKal
2008/4/14, cmoulliard <[hidden email]>:

>  Nobody answer to this question : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel
>  with JBI ?

It definitely makes sense. Especially in certain situations like using
TCP/IP connectivity through Camel just because SMX (If we are talking
about SMX) doesn't have TCP/IP JBI component.

BTW As far as I know SMX 4.x does it - it exposes Camel
endpoints/flows to the bus (if we ignore JBI compatibility layer).

Roman

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Charles Moulliard
When I try to use the following camel component inside a Camel route, I receive the following two errors :
- The element type "File" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</File>". This is strange because my XML file ended with a tag </File> (see below),
- ERROR - FileComponent                  - Failed to process file: c:\temp\test\.camel\ordersXML.csv. Reason: javax.jbi.me
ssaging.MessagingException: Could not find route for exchange: InOnly[
Is this error related to the previous or has not relation ?

Regards,

Charles

INFO  - Message send to the endpoint   - Exchange[FileMessage: c:\temp\test\ordersXML.csv]
WARN  - FileComponent                  - Target service ({urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter) and endp
oint (camelReceiver) specified, but no matching endpoint found.  Only the service will be used for routing.
WARN  - DefaultBroker                  - ServiceName ({urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter) specified f
or routing, but can't find it registered
WARN  - DefaultBroker                  - ServiceName ({urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter) specified f
or routing, but can't find it registered
[Fatal Error] :3:79: The element type "File" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</File>".
ERROR - FileComponent                  - Failed to process file: c:\temp\test\.camel\ordersXML.csv. Reason: javax.jbi.me
ssaging.MessagingException: Could not find route for exchange: InOnly[
  id: ID:172.16.10.128-1194c770021-8:0
  status: Active
  role: provider
  service: {urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter
  in: Unable to display: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "File" must be terminated by the matching end-t
ag "</File>".
] for service: {urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter and interface: null
javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException: Could not find route for exchange: InOnly[
  id: ID:172.16.10.128-1194c770021-8:0
  status: Active
  role: provider
  service: {urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter
  in: Unable to display: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "File" must be terminated by the matching end-t
ag "</File>".
] for service: {urn:org:apache:servicemix:camel-swift}swiftDSLRouter and interface: null
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.DefaultBroker.sendExchangePacket(DefaultBroker.java:297)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.security.SecuredBroker.sendExchangePacket(SecuredBroker.java:81)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.sendExchange(JBIContainer.java:830)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.doSend(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:395)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.sendSync(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:470)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.sendSync(DeliveryChannelImpl.java:442)
        at org.apache.servicemix.common.EndpointDeliveryChannel.sendSync(EndpointDeliveryChannel.java:96)
        at org.apache.servicemix.common.endpoints.SimpleEndpoint.sendSync(SimpleEndpoint.java:71)
        at org.apache.servicemix.file.FilePollerEndpoint.processFile(FilePollerEndpoint.java:282)
        at org.apache.servicemix.file.FilePollerEndpoint.processFileAndDelete(FilePollerEndpoint.java:253)
        at org.apache.servicemix.file.FilePollerEndpoint$1.run(FilePollerEndpoint.java:231)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Remarks :

- Version of servicemix : 3.3-SNAPSHOT
- Version of Camel : 1.3-SNAPSHOT
- XML file :

<File name="orders.csv" location="C:\Temp\test\orders.csv">
<Line number="1">1,bank1,10,20,sale</Line>
</File>

- Camelroute defined in my java class:
from("file:///c:/temp/test")
.to("log:Message send to the endpoint");

- Camelcontext declared in a ServiceMix SU
- <camelContext id="camel3" useJmx="false" mbeanServer="mbeanServer" xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
  <package>com.xpectis.routing</package>
  </camelContext>

RomKal wrote
2008/4/14, cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>:

>  Nobody answer to this question : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel
>  with JBI ?

It definitely makes sense. Especially in certain situations like using
TCP/IP connectivity through Camel just because SMX (If we are talking
about SMX) doesn't have TCP/IP JBI component.

BTW As far as I know SMX 4.x does it - it exposes Camel
endpoints/flows to the bus (if we ignore JBI compatibility layer).

Roman
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

sage.es
Does this mean that it is impossible to call jbi endpoints in an
embedded servicemix configuration? Because I can't find how to declare
the camel context inside the jbi container. If it is possible, could
you show me how it would be done please?

Thanks in advance.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM, James Strachan
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Agreed. The only real requirement when mixing JBI and camel endpoints
> is that the Camel route must be deployed inside a JBI container at the
> time - i.e. running inside a servicemix-camel Service Unit to be able
> to invoke JBI endpoints.
>
> Also its worth understanding that every invoke of a JBI endpoint
> involves message normalization (conversion to/from XML etc)
>
> On 11/04/2008, Jonathan Anstey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You *must* be able to do this... :) you may have to use ServiceMix though as
>> the JBI provider.
>>
>>  This is a good example of such a case:
>> http://servicemix.apache.org/34-exchanging-messages-with-other-jbi-services.html
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>  Jon
>>

>>  cmoulliard wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the
>> > question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?
>> >
>> > ex:
>> >
>> > from(file:///c:/temp/test)
>> > .to("log:Message received")
>> > .to("jbi:endpoint:urn:jms-queue");
>> >
>> > Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.
>> >
>> > Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Charles
>> >

> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://open.iona.com

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
I don't think this has anything to do with the problem.
Camel can be used with an embedded configuration without problems.
What did you try and what errors did you get ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

sage.es
I get a NoSuchEndpointException. I've debugged it and I've seen that
the CamelContext doesn't have my jbi endpoints (that, without
declaring the camel context, work perfectly), only the camel ones, so
when it looks through its endpoints it obviously doesn't find the one
I need. The thing is, that when I use as the output uri a
"log:org.apache.servicemix.samples.camel.ExampleCamelRoute" it works,
so it must have something to do with camel and jbi I guess.

I have this camel context defined:

<sm:container id="jbi"
          embedded="true">
</sm:container>

<camelContext autowireRouteBuilders="false" useJmx="true"
             <route>
              <from uri="timer:myTimerEvent?fixedRate=true" />
    <to uri="jbi:service:http://my.namespace.com/tracker"/>
    </route>
</camelContext>

And this is the stack trace:

2008-05-30 09:36:56,359 ERROR
[org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] - Context
initialization failed
org.apache.camel.NoSuchEndpointException: No endpoint could be found
for: jbi:service:http://my.namespace.com/tracker
        at org.apache.camel.util.CamelContextHelper.getMandatoryEndpoint(CamelContextHelper.java:54)
        at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.resolveEndpoint(RouteType.java:92)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.RouteContext.resolveEndpoint(RouteContext.java:95)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.RouteContext.resolveEndpoint(RouteContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.camel.model.ToType.resolveEndpoint(ToType.java:78)
        at org.apache.camel.model.ToType.createProcessor(ToType.java:72)
        at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorType.makeProcessor(ProcessorType.java:1387)
        at org.apache.camel.model.ProcessorType.addRoutes(ProcessorType.java:95)
        at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:189)
        at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:83)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:438)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:430)
        at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.doStart(SpringCamelContext.java:148)
        at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)
        at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.onApplicationEvent(SpringCamelContext.java:102)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:77)
        at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
        at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:75)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:246)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:355)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4350)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think this has anything to do with the problem.
> Camel can be used with an embedded configuration without problems.
> What did you try and what errors did you get ?
>
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Sebastian Gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does this mean that it is impossible to call jbi endpoints in an
>> embedded servicemix configuration? Because I can't find how to declare
>> the camel context inside the jbi container. If it is possible, could
>> you show me how it would be done please?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:33 PM, James Strachan
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Agreed. The only real requirement when mixing JBI and camel endpoints
>>> is that the Camel route must be deployed inside a JBI container at the
>>> time - i.e. running inside a servicemix-camel Service Unit to be able
>>> to invoke JBI endpoints.
>>>
>>> Also its worth understanding that every invoke of a JBI endpoint
>>> involves message normalization (conversion to/from XML etc)

>>> --
>>> James
>>> -------
>>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> Open Source Integration
>>> http://open.iona.com
>>>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

RomKal
It looks (to me) that we miss one thing here.

To be ale to use JBI endpoints you need JBI servicemix-camel
component, don't you? Then you need to have Service Unit deployed to
this JBI component. Moreover you need camel jbi component (on a
classpath) so camel can resolve jbi prefix properly.

All those things have to be satisfied somehow in servicemix embedded
XML notation (in one big XML). I don't know how to do it, but it is
not so obvious as it looks from the very beginning.

Anyway your exception suggests that you don't have jbi component on
the classpath or there is no such endpoint (notice, that your service
namespace doesn't end with slash here, as the present one is a
separator between namespace and service name)
so you reference service {http://my.namespace.com}tracker - not

2008/5/30 Sebastian Gomez <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I don't think this has anything to do with the problem.
>> Camel can be used with an embedded configuration without problems.
>> What did you try and what errors did you get ?
>>
>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Sebastian Gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Does this mean that it is impossible to call jbi endpoints in an
>>> embedded servicemix configuration? Because I can't find how to declare
>>> the camel context inside the jbi container. If it is possible, could
>>> you show me how it would be done please?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Hi.

You are right in what you say, especially in the second paragraph: its
not obvious how to do it in the embedded servicemix. I came up with a
way to make it work, so if it is of any use, here it is (look at first
comment):

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1378

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Roman Kalukiewicz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
>>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
>>

>> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I don't think this has anything to do with the problem.
>>> Camel can be used with an embedded configuration without problems.
>>> What did you try and what errors did you get ?

>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Guillaume Nodet
>>> ------------------------
>>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

chintaka
I have a similar question regarding JBI end points and camel.
I am trying to use a JBI end point in camel context.

 from("jbi:endpoint:http://nameSpace/screenRequestEngine").to("log:tutorial");

  JBI end point is already deployed in to serviceMix. When I deploy the camel context ,it complains that end point already exists. It seems like camel is trying to create the end point already available.
What is the correct way to receive a message from an existing JBI end point to the camel context ?

Thanks,

Chintaka

Charles

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
Well, you can't receive JBI messages targeted to an already existing endpoints.
You'd have to let camel create the endpoint and modify the consumer
endpoint to point to it.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:33 PM, chintaka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a similar question regarding JBI end points and camel.
> I am trying to use a JBI end point in camel context.
>

> from("jbi:endpoint:http://nameSpace/screenRequestEngine").to("log:tutorial");
>
>  JBI end point is already deployed in to serviceMix. When I deploy the
> camel context ,it complains that end point already exists. It seems like
> camel is trying to create the end point already available.
> What is the correct way to receive a message from an existing JBI end point
> to the camel context ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chintaka
>

> cmoulliard wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the
>> question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?
>>

>> Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.
>>
>> Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

chintaka
Thanks , that worked !!!

Can JBI end points created by camel send in-out MEP messages?
It seems that the message that camel end point generates is in-ony.
I am trying to send a message from ServiceMix to camel.

Thanks ,
Chintaka

gnodet wrote

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:33 PM, chintaka <chintakar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a similar question regarding JBI end points and camel.
> I am trying to use a JBI end point in camel context.
>

> from("jbi:endpoint:http://nameSpace/screenRequestEngine").to("log:tutorial");
>
>  JBI end point is already deployed in to serviceMix. When I deploy the
> camel context ,it complains that end point already exists. It seems like
> camel is trying to create the end point already available.
> What is the correct way to receive a message from an existing JBI end point
> to the camel context ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chintaka
>

> cmoulliard wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have made a test without success but to be sure I prefer to ask the
>> question. Can I mix in camel routes camel endpoint with jbi endpoint ?
>>

>> Remark : the jbi endpoint is a jms-queue.
>>
>> Additional : Does it make sense to mix endpoints of Camel with JBI ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

sage.es
Appending ?mep=in-out to the .to("...") part should send an in-out.

Sebastian Gomez.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 7:07 PM, chintaka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks , that worked !!!
>
> Can JBI end points created by camel send in-out MEP messages?
> It seems that the message that camel end point generates is in-ony.
> I am trying to send a message from ServiceMix to camel.
>
> Thanks ,
> Chintaka
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Well, you can't receive JBI messages targeted to an already existing
>> endpoints.
>> You'd have to let camel create the endpoint and modify the consumer
>> endpoint to point to it.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:33 PM, chintaka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a similar question regarding JBI end points and camel.
>>> I am trying to use a JBI end point in camel context.
>>>

>>> from("jbi:endpoint:http://nameSpace/screenRequestEngine").to("log:tutorial");
>>>
>>>  JBI end point is already deployed in to serviceMix. When I deploy the
>>> camel context ,it complains that end point already exists. It seems like
>>> camel is trying to create the end point already available.
>>> What is the correct way to receive a message from an existing JBI end
>>> point
>>> to the camel context ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Chintaka

>>> --

>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet

Re: Mix camel endpoint with jbi endpoint in camel routes ?

chintaka
Thanks, it works now !

Chintaka

sgomez wrote