Netty UDP and SNMP

Tyler Durvik
I am trying to develop a program that receives SNMP messages over UDP port
161.  I have set up a Netty endpoint listening on port 161:

from("netty:udp://127.0.0.1:161?sync=false")
.log("NETTY")

When I run this, I never receive any data even though wireshark shows
packets coming in.  I have tried the same approach with mina2 with no
success. However, when I set up a snmp endpoint, data will be received by
Netty:

from("snmp://
127.0.0.1:161?protocol=udp&snmpVersion=1&delay=5&snmpCommunity=public&type=POLL&oids=x.y.z
")
.log("SNMP")

I verify this with the log messages.  I will receive "NETTY" log entries
but never see any "SNMP" messages in the logs.

Could someone explain why this is happening.

Re: Netty UDP and SNMP

Claus Ibsen-2
Can you try with 2.12 SNAPSHOT and use the networkInterface to specify
the network interface to join the existing multicast group.

See the page about the option.
http://camel.apache.org/netty