Netty4 HTTP - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C

Netty4 HTTP - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C

Charles Moulliard-2
Hi,

I'm experimenting a strange Netty4 HTTP Codec issue with Netty4 HTTP
consumer

io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C

-->

[d #0 - NettyEventExecutorGroup] NettyHttpConsumer              WARN
 HttpServerChannelHandler is not found as attachment to handle exception,
send 404 back to the client.
io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:346)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelInactive(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:271)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelInactive(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:237)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelInactive(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:223)
        at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelInactive(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:829)
        at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$7.run(AbstractChannel.java:610)
        at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:357)
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:357)
        at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:111)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpObjectDecoder.findNonWhitespace(HttpObjectDecoder.java:740)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpObjectDecoder.splitInitialLine(HttpObjectDecoder.java:690)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpObjectDecoder.decode(HttpObjectDecoder.java:207)
        at
io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:315)

The junit test case uses JDK 1.8

Could this error be related to a mismatch on MacOSX between JDK 6 & 8 ?

Regards,

Charles

Re: Netty4 HTTP - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C

yogu13
Looks like some issue with dependencies of Netty.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: Netty4 HTTP - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: io.netty.util.internal.AppendableCharSequence.charAtUnsafe(I)C

Charles Moulliard-2
Yes. Problem resolved after installing the same version of this jar file (
netty-codec-http) as packaged with Camel Netty4 HTTP 2.15.x

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:39 PM, yogu13 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like some issue with dependencies of Netty.
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer & PMC / Architect @RedHat