Proxying of content repository Web Services

Proxying of content repository Web Services

spatil4572
Hi,

I am a newbie and need help.

We have a client application that communicates with a content management system using content management systems' own web services. We would like to add Apache Camel between the client and content management system. We would like to do this in such a way that there is no change in the client or content management system. Of course, we would be able to configure the new web service endpoints etc in the client to direct the client requests to proxy instead of content management system. Initially, we just want to route the requests in the proxy to content management system. Later on, we plan on modifying the messages etc.

Here are my queries related to this:
1. Is Apache Camel right fit for this need? I think so, but just wanted to understand if there are any caveats.
2. I am assuming we would not be required to implement any extensive web service consumer (i.e. client functionality) in Apache Camel. Otherwise we would be duplicating the efforts in both client and Camel. Can you please help me understand if this is the right assumption?
3. Is CXF Proxy Example, the best one that is similar to my need? Is there any other example that I should look at?

Regards.

Re: Proxying of content repository Web Services

James Carman
You just need a cxf endpoint to begin your route.  Then do whatever you
want to the message (or nothing) and send it to the cm system (via cxf
also).