Purge messages from AMQ queue

dpravin
Hi All,

I have a requirement to purge messages from a queue programmatically from a camel route. Appreciate if anyone could share some approach to handle this requirement.

- Pravin

Re: Purge messages from AMQ queue

I think ActiveMQ has JMX API you can use to purge queues. You can then
write some Java code that calls this JMX API which you can call from a
Camel route.

If the AMQ broker is running remotely you may consider using Jolokia
to make it easier to call remote JMX operations over HTTP bridge.

For JMX API itself I am not aware of a purge operation. You can
however delete a queue, but its not entirely the same as purge.