Query relating to the Rest Component

gilboy
Hi

Want to expose a new Rest Service. Looking at using:
(1) Apache Restlet component or
(2) Apache Rest component

Obviously the restlet component leverages the restlet implementation to implement a rest API. Unclear what rest framework/implementation that the rest component is using

Thanks
Joe

Re: Query relating to the Rest Component

Matt Sicker
That's up to you. You can use a few different HTTP implementations behind
the scenes. I use camel-netty4-http for instance. There are like 8 options
currently: https://camel.apache.org/rest-dsl.html

Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Re: Query relating to the Rest Component

gilboy
Thanks for the response Matt

My camel based application is going to be deployed in to an existing apache tomcat container. Hence, I am thinking it probably makes more sense just to use the camel-servlet component and leverage its rest dsl support.

However, would there be any any advantage of using the Restlet component which I am overlooking

Thanks
Joe