Questions regarding Camel file2 component

Questions regarding Camel file2 component

Pascal Klink

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the file2 component of Apache Camel. I'm currently trying to write a small application with which pictures can be stored and retrieved. I'm organizing the pictures in folders - one for every user. Since all users can look at the pictures from other users, there will be concurrent read/write operations on the various pictures.

My question is, is Camel snychronizing those read/write operations for one CamelContext? The application will be a WebService, so the reads and writes will happen in different threads but one CamelContext. A read/write lock behaviour (with multiple concurrent readers but only one writer) would be ideal for this. So I'm very interested whether this is possible with the file2 component?

Greetings,
Pascal

Re: Questions regarding Camel file2 component

ceposta
Depends on what your routes look like to accomplish this. The
synchronization doesn't happen at the CamelContext per se but at the
file-system level. So if you have multiple threads contending for the files
in the same directory (whether in same camelcontext or not), then you'll
have to use a readLock strategy that supports your use case:
http://camel.apache.org/file2.html

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog