Re: Blog post about building a custom Web API Component

Re: Blog post about building a custom Web API Component

Andrea Cosentino-2
Really nice job!

I think this is really a good candidate for the camel blog.

@all what do you think?

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 11:32:39 AM GMT+1, Federico Valeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi folks, as a way to better understand how a Camel Component works, I
wrote a small blog post to show how you can easily create a new one,
specifically for Web API integration.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qO4YHBNBrWaJQETpu7gVQbJX5jZzZHlpXposE2bV0mc

The cool thing is that, after a successful build, the only manual
activity was to add the component dependency in `components/pom.xml`,
all the other required updates were done automatically.

I don't know if it can be helpful, but any comment would be appreciated.
The example code is linked in the draft.

Thank you.

Cheers
Federico

Re: Blog post about building a custom Web API Component

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Federico,
this is awesome, can you create a pull request against the
camel-website[1] repository to publish the blog post?

zoran
[1] https://github.com/apache/camel-website/

Zoran Regvart

RE: Blog post about building a custom Web API Component

Ajmera, Hemang C
  I was having a quick glance ... wouldn't prerequisite be OpenJDK 11 instead of OpenJDK 1.8 for camel 3?

Thanks and Regards,
Hemang Ajmera

Cheers
Federico

Re: Blog post about building a custom Web API Component

Andrea Cosentino-3
both are supported.

Il giorno mar 7 gen 2020 alle ore 12:31 Ajmera, Hemang C <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi
>   I was having a quick glance ... wouldn't prerequisite be OpenJDK 11
> instead of OpenJDK 1.8 for camel 3?
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Hemang Ajmera

the idea is dropping jdk8 at some point, but actually is still valid