Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Jens,
from the little exploration I did I think you need to set
`performInvocation` to `true`: the way OpenAPI support in CXF works is
by registering a resource that will generate the OpenAPI
specification, and that JAX-RS resource class[1] has an `getOpenApi`
method.

So your routes need to look something like this:

from("cxfrs://http://localhost:8080/api?features=#openApi&resourceClasses=...&performInvocation=true")
        .toD("direct:${header.operationName}");

from("direct:getOpenApi").log("Fetching OpenAPI specification");

The `log` here is just in place of a dummy processor so that the route
has a `from` and a `to`.

The way I came to think of it is that the resource classes give the
REST API shape, and the implementation is provided by Camel route,
which is kinda difficult to grasp since the most natural thing would
be to write the implementation within the resource method.

zoran

[1] https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-core/blob/master/modules/swagger-jaxrs2/src/main/java/io/swagger/v3/jaxrs2/integration/resources/OpenApiResource.java#L28

Zoran Regvart

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Jens

Hi Zoran,

yeah, I suspected that might be the way it's supposed to work, but the problem here of course is that I don't actually have a ResourceImpl of my real service, only an interface, and therefore performInvocation doesn't work for me unless I write a Dummy implementation, too.

Cheers,
Jens

"Zoran Regvart" ---20.11.2018 17:28:53---Hi Jens, from the little exploration I did I think you need to set

Von: "Zoran Regvart" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email],
Datum: 20.11.2018 17:28
Betreff: Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

https://www.dzbank.de

[hidden email], T +49 69 7447 01, F +49 69 7447 1685

https://twitter.com/dzbank

> Vorstand/Board of Directors: Wolfgang Kirsch (Vorsitzender/Chief Executive Officer),
> Uwe Berghaus, Dr. Christian Brauckmann, Ulrike Brouzi, Wolfgang Köhler,
> Dr. Cornelius Riese, Michael Speth, Thomas Ullrich
>
> Generalbevollmächtigter/General Executive Manager: Uwe Fröhlich
>
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Henning Deneke-Jöhrens
> Sitz/Registered Office: Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
> Handelsregister/Register of Companies: HRB 45651.

> Die mit dieser E-Mail-Kommunikation erhobenen personenbezogenen Daten
> werden ausschließlich zu diesem Zweck bzw. zur Bearbeitung Ihres Anliegens weiterverarbeitet.
> Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter
https://www.dzbank.de/datenschutzhinweise

> The personal data collected by this e-mail communication
> are processed exclusively for this purpose or to process your request.
> Further information on data protection can be found at
https://www.dzbank.com/dataprotection

--
Zoran Regvart

DZ BANK AG
Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank, Frankfurt am Main
Platz der Republik, 60325 Frankfurt am Main
Deutschland/Germany

https://www.dzbank.de
[hidden email], T +49 69 7447 01, F +49 69 7447 1685

https://twitter.com/dzbank

Vorstand/Board of Directors: Wolfgang Kirsch (Vorsitzender/Chief Executive Officer),
Uwe Berghaus, Dr. Christian Brauckmann, Ulrike Brouzi, Wolfgang Köhler,
Dr. Cornelius Riese, Michael Speth, Thomas Ullrich

Generalbevollmächtigter/General Executive Manager: Uwe Fröhlich

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Henning Deneke-Jöhrens
Sitz/Registered Office: Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Handelsregister/Register of Companies: HRB 45651.

Die mit dieser E-Mail-Kommunikation erhobenen personenbezogenen Daten
werden ausschließlich zu diesem Zweck bzw. zur Bearbeitung Ihres Anliegens weiterverarbeitet.
Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter https://www.dzbank.de/datenschutzhinweise

The personal data collected by this e-mail communication
are processed exclusively for this purpose or to process your request.
Further information on data protection can be found at https://www.dzbank.com/dataprotection

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Sergey Beryozkin
As far as I recall, a corresponding CXF filter is a blocking one and
returns a JAX-RS Response. May be the CamelCXF RS code needs to be tweaked
a bit to check if JAX-RS Response is already available before continuing
with the route flow...

Cheers, Sergey

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 5:20 PM #S-SmixDev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Generalbevollmächtigter/General Executive Manager: Uwe Fröhlich
>
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Henning
> Deneke-Jöhrens
> Sitz/Registered Office: Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am
> Main
> Handelsregister/Register of Companies: HRB 45651.

> Die mit dieser E-Mail-Kommunikation erhobenen personenbezogenen Daten
> werden ausschließlich zu diesem Zweck bzw. zur Bearbeitung Ihres Anliegens
> weiterverarbeitet.
> Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter
> https://www.dzbank.de/datenschutzhinweise
>
> The personal data collected by this e-mail communication
> are processed exclusively for this purpose or to process your request.
> Further information on data protection can be found at
> https://www.dzbank.com/dataprotection

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Hi Sergey,
I think we might have that as an option, though if Camel simply
returns what the resource method generates, why have it pass through
Camel at all? Perhaps I don't fully understand the use case.

I think it's quite easy to mix purely JAX-RS implemented resources and
Camel implemented ones.

Sergey and Jens, if you think we should improve on this, can you
please create a JIRA issue and describe a brief use case where this
would be a good addition to Camel CXFRS component.

thanks & keep riding :)

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Jens

Done:

Cheers,
Jens

"Zoran Regvart" ---22.11.2018 20:09:16---Hi Sergey, I think we might have that as an option, though if Camel simply

Von: "Zoran Regvart" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email],
Datum: 22.11.2018 20:09

https://www.dzbank.de

https://www.dzbank.de

[hidden email] <[hidden email]>, T +49 69 7447 01, F +49 69 7447
> > 1685

https://twitter.com/dzbank <https://www.twitter.com/dzbank>

> > Vorstand/Board of Directors: Wolfgang Kirsch (Vorsitzender/Chief Executive
> > Officer),
> > Uwe Berghaus, Dr. Christian Brauckmann, Ulrike Brouzi, Wolfgang Köhler,
> > Dr. Cornelius Riese, Michael Speth, Thomas Ullrich
> >
> > Generalbevollmächtigter/General Executive Manager: Uwe Fröhlich
> >
> > Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Henning
> > Deneke-Jöhrens
> > Sitz/Registered Office: Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am
> > Main
> > Handelsregister/Register of Companies: HRB 45651.

> > Die mit dieser E-Mail-Kommunikation erhobenen personenbezogenen Daten
> > werden ausschließlich zu diesem Zweck bzw. zur Bearbeitung Ihres Anliegens
> > weiterverarbeitet.
> > Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter

https://www.dzbank.de/datenschutzhinweise

> > The personal data collected by this e-mail communication
> > are processed exclusively for this purpose or to process your request.
> > Further information on data protection can be found at

https://www.dzbank.com/dataprotection

--
Zoran Regvart

DZ BANK AG
Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank, Frankfurt am Main
Platz der Republik, 60325 Frankfurt am Main
Deutschland/Germany

https://www.dzbank.de
[hidden email], T +49 69 7447 01, F +49 69 7447 1685

https://twitter.com/dzbank

Vorstand/Board of Directors: Wolfgang Kirsch (Vorsitzender/Chief Executive Officer),
Uwe Berghaus, Dr. Christian Brauckmann, Ulrike Brouzi, Wolfgang Köhler,
Dr. Cornelius Riese, Michael Speth, Thomas Ullrich

Generalbevollmächtigter/General Executive Manager: Uwe Fröhlich

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Henning Deneke-Jöhrens
Sitz/Registered Office: Stadt Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Handelsregister/Register of Companies: HRB 45651.

Die mit dieser E-Mail-Kommunikation erhobenen personenbezogenen Daten
werden ausschließlich zu diesem Zweck bzw. zur Bearbeitung Ihres Anliegens weiterverarbeitet.
Weitere Informationen zum Datenschutz finden Sie unter https://www.dzbank.de/datenschutzhinweise

The personal data collected by this e-mail communication
are processed exclusively for this purpose or to process your request.
Further information on data protection can be found at https://www.dzbank.com/dataprotection

Re: Camel CXFRS and Swagger/OpenAPI Feature

Sergey Beryozkin
Hi Zoran

CXF RS endpoint can have JAX-RS ContainerRequestFilters attached, and this
is where a bit of ambiguity occurs. You are right, if if were only the case
of the actual RS implementation immediately returning some value then it
would be questionable why to involve Camel at all.
But ContainerRequestFilters can be blocking and the CXF Swagger/OpenApi
feature which was updated to optionally run as a filter specifically to
support a Camel case, produces JAX-RS Response which is not really related
to what Camel route itself does... I agree in most cases one would block if
needed in the route itself, it is one of the exceptions...

Cheers, Sergey