S3 and special chars in AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY

S3 and special chars in AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY

Axel Bock
hi list, i have this problem: when using the s3 module of camel I got the
following error:

The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you
provided.

after lots of searching i found out it goes away when the
aws_secret_access_key does NOT have special chars included and conforms to
[a-zA-Z0-9]+. the configuration in the XML was this:

<from
uri="aws-s3://MY_BUCKET?prefix=/some/dir&amp;region=EU_CENTRAL_1&amp;deleteAfterRead=true&amp;accessKey=AKIAKIKEYKEY&amp;secretKey=THESECRETKEY+THATDOESNOTWORK"
/>

am I doing something wrong or is this a known limitation?

cheers!
axel.

Re: S3 and special chars in AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY

Andrea Cosentino-3
Hello,

Please use the following notation in this case

<from
uri="aws-s3://MY_BUCKET?prefix=/some/dir&amp;region=EU_CENTRAL_1&amp;deleteAfterRead=true&amp;accessKey=RAW(AKIAKIKEYKEY)&amp;secretKey=RAW(THESECRETKEY+THATDOESNOTWORK)"
/>