Simple language in 3.1.0

Remco Schoen
Hi,

I have a question about the Simple language and the use of ${}.

Before Camel 3 this worked in getting data from the object in the header:
.setHeader('tableName').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceTableName’)
.setHeader('fields').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceFields')

In Camel 3.1.0 this no longer works and I get the string in my new headers.

In the migration documentation I don’t see anything about a change here and according the documentation this still seems to be supported.

https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html

“The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”

Should this still work in Camel 3?

Kind regards,

Remco Schoen

P.S. I haven’t had time yet to research the upgrade to Camel 3.2.0, sorry.

Re: Simple language in 3.1.0

gnodet
The syntax without placeholders had been deprecated in the 2.x branch since
a long time.
You now need to use simple('${headers.entityMap.sourceTableName}')

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Simple language in 3.1.0

Remco Schoen
Hi,

I checked the docs for 2.x and there it says it is deprecated, thanks.

But my next question would be, is the documentation still up-to-date:

“The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”

I’m reading this as it is still allowed, but maybe this has to be removed or it means something different.

Kind regards,

Remco Schoen

> Op 23 apr. 2020, om 16:08 heeft Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> The syntax without placeholders had been deprecated in the 2.x branch since
> a long time.
> You now need to use simple('${headers.entityMap.sourceTableName}')
>
> Le jeu. 23 avr. 2020 à 15:42, Remco Schoen <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a question about the Simple language and the use of ${}.
>>
>> Before Camel 3 this worked in getting data from the object in the header:
>> .setHeader('tableName').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceTableName’)
>> .setHeader('fields').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceFields')
>>
>> In Camel 3.1.0 this no longer works and I get the string in my new headers.
>>
>> In the migration documentation I don’t see anything about a change here
>> and according the documentation this still seems to be supported.
>>
>> https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html
>>
>> “The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions
>> where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can
>> be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”
>>
>> Should this still work in Camel 3?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Remco Schoen
>>
>> P.S. I haven’t had time yet to research the upgrade to Camel 3.2.0, sorry.
>>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet

Re: Simple language in 3.1.0

Claus Ibsen-2
On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM Remco Schoen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked the docs for 2.x and there it says it is deprecated, thanks.
>
> But my next question would be, is the documentation still up-to-date:
>
> “The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”

That doc is out of date, where did you find it?

> I’m reading this as it is still allowed, but maybe this has to be removed or it means something different.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Remco Schoen
>
> > Op 23 apr. 2020, om 16:08 heeft Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
> >
> > The syntax without placeholders had been deprecated in the 2.x branch since
> > a long time.
> > You now need to use simple('${headers.entityMap.sourceTableName}')
> >
> > Le jeu. 23 avr. 2020 à 15:42, Remco Schoen <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a question about the Simple language and the use of ${}.
> >>
> >> Before Camel 3 this worked in getting data from the object in the header:
> >> .setHeader('tableName').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceTableName’)
> >> .setHeader('fields').simple('headers.entityMap.sourceFields')
> >>
> >> In Camel 3.1.0 this no longer works and I get the string in my new headers.
> >>
> >> In the migration documentation I don’t see anything about a change here
> >> and according the documentation this still seems to be supported.
> >>
> >> https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html
> >>
> >> “The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions
> >> where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can
> >> be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”
> >>
> >> Should this still work in Camel 3?
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >>
> >> Remco Schoen
> >>
> >> P.S. I haven’t had time yet to research the upgrade to Camel 3.2.0, sorry.
> >>

> > --
> > ------------------------
> > Guillaume Nodet

Re: Simple language in 3.1.0

Remco Schoen
At the URL I posted:

https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/languages/simple-language.html

And Google found it for me…

Op 23 apr. 2020, om 16:20 heeft Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> het volgende geschreven:

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM Remco Schoen <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hi,

I checked the docs for 2.x and there it says it is deprecated, thanks.

But my next question would be, is the documentation still up-to-date:

“The simple language uses ${body} placeholders for complex expressions where the expression contains constant literals. The $\{ } placeholders can be omitted if the expression is only the token itself.”

That doc is out of date, where did you find it?

I’m reading this as it is still allowed, but maybe this has to be removed or it means something different.

Kind regards,

Remco Schoen

Op 23 apr. 2020, om 16:08 heeft Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> het volgende geschreven:

Le jeu. 23 avr. 2020 à 15:42, Remco Schoen <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :

[...]

Thanks, fixing that doc page