Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

Gerald Kallas - mailbox.org
Dear community,

we're starting the use of Camel 3.0.0 inside Karaf 4.2.7.

What is the recommended XML DSL? Spring DSL or Blueprint XML?

When we want to leverage Spring XML, ho to enable the hot deployment inside Karaf?

Many thanks in advance for comments and hints.

Best
- Gerald

Re: Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

Spring XML is not available anymore in Camel 3. And on 2.x its
deprecated, and is NOT recommended at all (spring-dm is dead).
Use only blueprint xml.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 10:37 AM Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> we're starting the use of Camel 3.0.0 inside Karaf 4.2.7.
>
> What is the recommended XML DSL? Spring DSL or Blueprint XML?
>
> When we want to leverage Spring XML, ho to enable the hot deployment inside Karaf?
>
> Many thanks in advance for comments and hints.
>
> Best
> - Gerald

Re: Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

jbonofre
Hi Gerald,

I would rather recommend Java DSL/SCR in Karaf or Blueprint.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

Gerald Kallas - mailbox.org
Many thanks, Claus.

I think in this case the documentation should be updated as there are a lot of Spring XML examples in there.

Best
- Gerald

> Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> hat am 6. Januar 2020 um 10:38 geschrieben:
>

> Hi
>
> Spring XML is not available anymore in Camel 3. And on 2.x its
> deprecated, and is NOT recommended at all (spring-dm is dead).
> Use only blueprint xml.
>

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 10:37 AM Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear community,
> >
> > we're starting the use of Camel 3.0.0 inside Karaf 4.2.7.
> >
> > What is the recommended XML DSL? Spring DSL or Blueprint XML?
> >
> > When we want to leverage Spring XML, ho to enable the hot deployment inside Karaf?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for comments and hints.
> >
> > Best
> > - Gerald

Re: Spring DSL vs. Blueprint XML inside Camel 3.0.0

Claus Ibsen-2
On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 11:31 AM Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many thanks, Claus.
>
> I think in this case the documentation should be updated as there are a lot of Spring XML examples in there.

All the stuff in <camelContext> is the same between spring xml or
blueprint xml.
So its just fine to have it as is. And non Karaf users can use Spring XML.