Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?

There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
to get out to the community.

Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
degrade in camel-jaxb.

Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have time?

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Claus,

Sure, I will be able to cut the release.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?
>
> There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
> to get out to the community.
>
> Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
> degrade in camel-jaxb.
>

> Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have time?

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Andrea Cosentino-2
Thanks Gregor :-)
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Monday, June 13, 2016 8:50 AM, Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Claus,

Sure, I will be able to cut the release.

Thanks,
Gregor

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?
>
> There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
> to get out to the community.
>
> Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
> degrade in camel-jaxb.
>

> Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have time?

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Christian Mueller
+1

Best,
Christian
Am 12.06.2016 16:37 schrieb "Claus Ibsen" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?
>
> There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
> to get out to the community.
>
> Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
> degrade in camel-jaxb.
>

> Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have time?

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Hi Gregor

Do you have any time to cut a release? If not then that is totally
fine, its a lot of work to cut a release with all those manual steps,
and its summer vacation time soon.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> Sure, I will be able to cut the release.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor
>

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?
>>
>> There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
>> to get out to the community.
>>
>> Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
>> degrade in camel-jaxb.
>>

>> Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have time?
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Claus,

Sure, I can cut the release this weekend, if that works for everyone.

Thanks,
Gregor
On Jun 22, 2016 8:02 AM, "Claus Ibsen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gregor
>
> Do you have any time to cut a release? If not then that is totally
> fine, its a lot of work to cut a release with all those manual steps,
> and its summer vacation time soon.
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Claus,
> >
> > Sure, I will be able to cut the release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I wonder if we have time to cut a new release later this month?
> >>
> >> There has been a good bunch of fixes to this branch that would be good
> >> to get out to the community.
> >>
> >> Among others a potential leak in routing slip, and a performance
> >> degrade in camel-jaxb.
> >>

> >> Gregor Zurowski you have done the many releases, wonder if you have
> time?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Claus Ibsen
> >> -----------------
> >> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> >> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Claus Ibsen-2
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Sure, I can cut the release this weekend, if that works for everyone.

Yeah that sounds really good.

> Thanks,
> Gregor
> On Jun 22, 2016 8:02 AM, "Claus Ibsen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gregor
>>
>> Do you have any time to cut a release? If not then that is totally
>> fine, its a lot of work to cut a release with all those manual steps,
>> and its summer vacation time soon.
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Gregor Zurowski
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi Claus,
>> >
>> > Sure, I will be able to cut the release.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Gregor

>> time?

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

arno noordover
Can I (or someone else) still try to cherry-pick CAMEL-10024

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

ganga_camel

Looks like xslt 2.0 parsing does not work fine with camel 2.17.1, does this release contain a fix for the same in the camel-core package.

I am in a kind of fix with the use of XSLT 2.0 parsing and Accessing SSL enabled kafka servers via camel.

SSL enabled kafka support is provided in 2.17.1 where as xslt which is part of camel-core 2.17.1 does not work and throw Null Pointer exception.

XSLT works perfectly fine with and until camel-core 2.16.3

Appreciate insight.

Thanks,
Ganga

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Arno,

As far as I see, the changes for CAMEL-10024 were already
cherry-picked onto camel-2.17.x with the following commit:

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/camel-git?cs=1d3e4a2d6dff57b9487574972df8098cf0d2adcd

Thanks,
Gregor

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM, arno noordover <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can I (or someone else) still try to cherry-pick CAMEL-10024

Re: Time for getting Apache Camel 2.17.2 release

arno noordover

Yes. I did that. Maybe I should have sent you a message. Sorry.

Op 26 jun. 2016 8:49 p.m. schreef "Gregor Zurowski-2 [via Camel]" <[hidden email]>:
Hi Arno,

As far as I see, the changes for CAMEL-10024 were already
cherry-picked onto camel-2.17.x with the following commit:

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/camel-git?cs=1d3e4a2d6dff57b9487574972df8098cf0d2adcd

Thanks,
Gregor

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM, arno noordover <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can I (or someone else) still try to cherry-pick CAMEL-10024

NAML