Unable to set Camel Context Name

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to set Camel Context Name

hakuseki
In some of my applications, Spring Java, I get the default Camel context name “camel-1”.

I have in my properties or yaml file the following:

camel:
    name: State-Service
    springboot:
        name: State-Service

I have other application with similar config working fine…

M
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to set Camel Context Name

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi

Hmm its a bit hard for us to help with so little information. However
since you have a working app vs non-working then try to compare them.
Are the similar how to bootstrap spring boot and Camel etc. Are you
sure eg that yaml file is read. Maybe try to make a typo in the file,
or some mistake on purpose so the app fails on startup, then you know
that the file are in use.

Also make sure you have the right JARs on the classpath, eg for camel
use the -starter JARs when using Spring Boot

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM Mikael Andersson Wigander
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> In some of my applications, Spring Java, I get the default Camel context name “camel-1”.
>
> I have in my properties or yaml file the following:
>
> camel:
>     name: State-Service
>     springboot:
>         name: State-Service
>
> I have other application with similar config working fine…
>
> M



--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to set Camel Context Name

hakuseki
Thx

After some debugging I can’t see that CamelConfigurationProperties class is picking up any of my values set in the application.yml file.

However when routes are configured I get values from property holders such as @Value and “(())”…

I think it has to do with jasypt since it bootstraps the properties somehow

https://github.com/ulisesbocchio/jasypt-spring-boot



> On 25 Sep 2019, at 12:43, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Hmm its a bit hard for us to help with so little information. However
> since you have a working app vs non-working then try to compare them.
> Are the similar how to bootstrap spring boot and Camel etc. Are you
> sure eg that yaml file is read. Maybe try to make a typo in the file,
> or some mistake on purpose so the app fails on startup, then you know
> that the file are in use.
>
> Also make sure you have the right JARs on the classpath, eg for camel
> use the -starter JARs when using Spring Boot
>
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM Mikael Andersson Wigander
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In some of my applications, Spring Java, I get the default Camel context name “camel-1”.
>>
>> I have in my properties or yaml file the following:
>>
>> camel:
>>    name: State-Service
>>    springboot:
>>        name: State-Service
>>
>> I have other application with similar config working fine…
>>
>> M
>
>
>
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to set Camel Context Name

hakuseki
Is NOT picking up…

damn auto correct



> On 25 Sep 2019, at 14:23, Mikael Andersson Wigander <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thx
>
> After some debugging I can’t see that CamelConfigurationProperties class is picking up any of my values set in the application.yml file.
>
> However when routes are configured I get values from property holders such as @Value and “(())”…
>
> I think it has to do with jasypt since it bootstraps the properties somehow
>
> https://github.com/ulisesbocchio/jasypt-spring-boot
>
>
>
>> On 25 Sep 2019, at 12:43, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Hmm its a bit hard for us to help with so little information. However
>> since you have a working app vs non-working then try to compare them.
>> Are the similar how to bootstrap spring boot and Camel etc. Are you
>> sure eg that yaml file is read. Maybe try to make a typo in the file,
>> or some mistake on purpose so the app fails on startup, then you know
>> that the file are in use.
>>
>> Also make sure you have the right JARs on the classpath, eg for camel
>> use the -starter JARs when using Spring Boot
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM Mikael Andersson Wigander
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In some of my applications, Spring Java, I get the default Camel context name “camel-1”.
>>>
>>> I have in my properties or yaml file the following:
>>>
>>> camel:
>>>   name: State-Service
>>>   springboot:
>>>       name: State-Service
>>>
>>> I have other application with similar config working fine…
>>>
>>> M
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>