[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

jstrachan
Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted and T
crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
fixes in this release.

Please find the distro here:
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/

The tarballs are here
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/

Please vote to approve this release binary

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 1.3.0

Here's my +1
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

+1

Willem
James Strachan wrote:

> Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted and T
> crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
> details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
> fixes in this release.
>
> Please find the distro here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>
> The tarballs are here
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary

> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Rob Davies
+1
On 1 Apr 2008, at 05:58, James Strachan wrote:

> Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted
> and T
> crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
> details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
> fixes in this release.
>
> Please find the distro here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>
> The tarballs are here
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary

> Here's my +1
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Freeman-2
+1
Freeman

James Strachan wrote:

> Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted and T
> crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
> details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
> fixes in this release.
>
> Please find the distro here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>
> The tarballs are here
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary

> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

davsclaus
+1
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Jon Anstey
+1

James Strachan wrote:

> Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted and T
> crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
> details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
> fixes in this release.
>
> Please find the distro here:
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>
> The tarballs are here
> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>
> Please vote to approve this release binary

> Here's my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

hadrian
+1 (this time in this thread)

On Apr 1, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> +1
>
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:58 AM, James Strachan <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
>> Hadrian has cut a new apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4 with more I's dotted
>> and T
>> crossed.  Thank you all for your fantastic effort and attention to
>> details!  There are a record 192 new features, improvements and bug
>> fixes in this release.
>>
>> Please find the distro here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/
>> >

>> The tarballs are here
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>> <http://people.apache.org/%7Ehadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC4/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3.0/
>> >

>> Please vote to approve this release binary
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 1.3.0
>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
>>
>> Here's my +1
>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://open.iona.com
>>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

RomKal
>  [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 1.3.0
>  [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)

I've just fixed a bug I found in camel-core - CAMEL-422. It fixes
tryBlock()/handle()/finallyBlock() behavior when exception id thrown
from handle() block (finallyBlock() was not executed).

This is a bug that could be pretty important in corporate environments
when you have to have strong error handling requirements, and it
affects core camel functionality.

I marked this bug as to-be-fixed in 1.3 before I noticed this vote.

Before I found this bug it would be +1, but now I believe that we
should include this fix in 1.3 so according to +1/-1 notation my
option is

-1

Roman

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

davsclaus
I am assuming we are building a new RC for the 1.3 release?

In that respect we have a bug CAMEL-410 that I would like to get fixed and included. I got the bug nailed down but want to polish and improve the unit tests before committing. I anticipate that I will be done at the end of the weekend at the latest.

The bug is basically if you configure Camel to use 2 or more exception handlers, then Camel could potentially pick the worst candidate for handling the thrown exception. By that I mean eg. a top level .exception(Exception.class) instead of a user specific exception such as .exception(MyBusinessException.class).

I am introducing a strategy to resolve which is the best exception type to handle the thrown exception in questions. The default strategy will be to use the exception that is the closets match to the thrown exception.

eg. java.net.ConnectionException will match java.io.IOException
eg. CamelExchangeException will match CamelException
eg. MyBusinessException will match MyBaseBusinessException
eg. NullPointerException will match Exception

Well you might get the picture.

A different strategy could be to use the ordering of how the exceptions was configured. Use the fist match that can handle it etc (top-down).

/Claus
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

Guillaume Nodet
Administrator
Well, the vote is already started for the other RC.  I think we *really*
need a 1.3.0 of Camel asap and imho, non blocking bugs can be fixed in
further bug fix release: I really suggest we release more frequently to
avoid such problems.     What about  we do a bug fix release in a few weeks
if needed ?  Claus, wanna volunteer as the release manager for 1.3.1 ?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, davsclaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am assuming we are building a new RC for the 1.3 release?
>
> In that respect we have a bug CAMEL-410 that I would like to get fixed and
> included. I got the bug nailed down but want to polish and improve the
> unit
> tests before committing. I anticipate that I will be done at the end of
> the
> weekend at the latest.
>
> The bug is basically if you configure Camel to use 2 or more exception
> handlers, then Camel could potentially pick the worst candidate for
> handling
> the thrown exception. By that I mean eg. a top level
> .exception(Exception.class) instead of a user specific exception such as
> .exception(MyBusinessException.class).
>
> I am introducing a strategy to resolve which is the best exception type to
> handle the thrown exception in questions. The default strategy will be to
> use the exception that is the closets match to the thrown exception.
>
> eg. java.net.ConnectionException will match java.io.IOException
> eg. CamelExchangeException will match CamelException
> eg. MyBusinessException will match MyBaseBusinessException
> eg. NullPointerException will match Exception
>
> Well you might get the picture.
>
> A different strategy could be to use the ordering of how the exceptions
> was
> configured. Use the fist match that can handle it etc (top-down).
>
> /Claus

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 1.3.0 (RC4)

jstrachan
Agreed; lets get something out how, then do 1.3.1 real soon