[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

12

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Gregor Zurowski-2
Hi Everyone:

This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
fixes.

Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/

Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/

Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1

Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Zoran Regvart-2
+1 (binding)

thanks Gregor for cutting the release and thanks to all contributors
working towards a 3.0 release :)

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

lburgazzoli
+1 (binding)

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:22 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> thanks Gregor for cutting the release and thanks to all contributors
> working towards a 3.0 release :)
>
> zoran
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > fixes.
> >
> > Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> >
> > Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> >
> > Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

> Zoran Regvart

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

+1 (binding)

Thanks Gregor for your time.

May I ask you to create an .adoc file with all the details to release? It would be helpful if we may have some rotation.

But this is a different argument. Thanks!

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Monday, February 18, 2019, 8:23:40 AM GMT+1, Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
fixes.

Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/

Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/

Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1

Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Francois Papon
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks for this great release!

Regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 18/02/2019 à 11:22, Gregor Zurowski a écrit :

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Pascal Schumacher
+1 (non-binding)

Tested by migrating flowable-camel to camel 3.0.0
(https://github.com/flowable/flowable-engine/pull/1623).

The only think that was immediately obvious from the migration guide was
that to stop routes you now use
CamelContext.getRouteController().stopRoute(routeId) instead of
CamelContext.stopRoute(routeId).

Thanks,
Pascal

Am 18.02.2019 um 08:22 schrieb Gregor Zurowski:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

R: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Andrea Cosentino-2
We can add this to the migration guide..

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il lun, 18 feb, 2019 alle 22:56, Pascal Schumacher<[hidden email]> ha scritto:   +1 (non-binding)

Tested by migrating flowable-camel to camel 3.0.0
(https://github.com/flowable/flowable-engine/pull/1623).

The only think that was immediately obvious from the migration guide was
that to stop routes you now use
CamelContext.getRouteController().stopRoute(routeId) instead of
CamelContext.stopRoute(routeId).

Thanks,
Pascal

Am 18.02.2019 um 08:22 schrieb Gregor Zurowski:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Alex Dettinger
+1 (binding)
I found everything I needed in the migration guide on my side.

Many thanks for the release Gregor,
Alex

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:59 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We can add this to the migration guide..
>
> Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android
>
>   Il lun, 18 feb, 2019 alle 22:56, Pascal Schumacher<
> [hidden email]> ha scritto:   +1 (non-binding)
>
> Tested by migrating flowable-camel to camel 3.0.0
> (https://github.com/flowable/flowable-engine/pull/1623).
>
> The only think that was immediately obvious from the migration guide was
> that to stop routes you now use
> CamelContext.getRouteController().stopRoute(routeId) instead of
> CamelContext.stopRoute(routeId).
>
> Thanks,
> Pascal
>
> Am 18.02.2019 um 08:22 schrieb Gregor Zurowski:
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > fixes.
> >
> > Release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> >
> > Tarballs:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> >
> > Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Onder SEZGIN-2
+1

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019, 10:23 Gregor Zurowski <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

I have used the CiA2 book to migrate its source code to 3.0 M1 and all
the work needed is captured in these commits
https://github.com/camelinaction/camelinaction2/compare/camel3m1?expand=1

During this work I updated the migration guide with missing details of
the migration work needed.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

John Poth
+1 (non-binding) thanks Gregor for doing the release

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:28 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have used the CiA2 book to migrate its source code to 3.0 M1 and all
> the work needed is captured in these commits
> https://github.com/camelinaction/camelinaction2/compare/camel3m1?expand=1
>
> During this work I updated the migration guide with missing details of
> the migration work needed.
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > fixes.
> >
> > Release notes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> >
> > Tarballs:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> >
> > Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

gnodet
+1

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

I got a bit further and have all the source migrated, and are
currently looking into some test failures.
There was a cdi issue which I have logged a JIRA ticket.
Also I noticed the tracer is not working, but its expected as the old
logic was deprecated, and we would need to add a new/better
implementation.
The last bits are chapter 12 with the transaction stuff that takes a
little bit more effort to migrate with AMQ and having the right
dependencies.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:28 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have used the CiA2 book to migrate its source code to 3.0 M1 and all
> the work needed is captured in these commits
> https://github.com/camelinaction/camelinaction2/compare/camel3m1?expand=1
>
> During this work I updated the migration guide with missing details of
> the migration work needed.
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:23 AM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > fixes.
> >
> > Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> >
> > Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> >
> > Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

I just checked size of the source zip and binary zip.
It's strange that the source artifact size is twiced than the binary one.

I can find there are some binary files in the source zip by using find
./ -name "*.jar"

.//tests/camel-itest/lib/org/apache/camel/camel-validator-test-resources/1.0.0/camel-validator-test-resources-1.0.0.jar
.//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package_scan_test.jar
.//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package+scan+test.jar

I guess these binary files are only used for testing, from my
understanding of the Apache release policy[1], we are not supposed to
include binary files in the source release kit.

[1]http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:23 PM Gregor Zurowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Andrea Cosentino-2
I don't know if all agree about this, but I think that since this is just a Milestone we can fix this in the next milestone.

What do you think?

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Yeah, we can fix it in next milestone.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if all agree about this, but I think that since this is just a Milestone we can fix this in the next milestone.
>
> What do you think?
>
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 2:15:26 PM GMT+1, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I just checked size of the source zip and binary zip.
> It's strange that the source artifact size is twiced than the binary one.
>
> I can find there are some binary files in the source zip by using find
> ./ -name "*.jar"
>
> .//tests/camel-itest/lib/org/apache/camel/camel-validator-test-resources/1.0.0/camel-validator-test-resources-1.0.0.jar
> .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package_scan_test.jar
> .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package+scan+test.jar
>
> I guess these binary files are only used for testing, from my
> understanding of the Apache release policy[1], we are not supposed to
> include binary files in the source release kit.
>
> [1]http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what
>
> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:23 PM Gregor Zurowski
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone:
> >
> > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > fixes.
> >
> > Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> >
> > Staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> >
> > Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> >
> > Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

Oh, here is my +1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, we can fix it in next milestone.

Can you log a JIRA ticket.

Although I dont think anyone uses the big .src zip anymore. Its all
consumed via maven repos etc.
And if you wanted to work with the source for a release, then its
possible better/easier to get it via the tag from the git source repo.

> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if all agree about this, but I think that since this is just a Milestone we can fix this in the next milestone.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > --
> > Andrea Cosentino
> > ----------------------------------
> > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > Apache Karaf Committer
> > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > Email: [hidden email]
> > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > Github: oscerd
> >

> > On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 2:15:26 PM GMT+1, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > I just checked size of the source zip and binary zip.
> > It's strange that the source artifact size is twiced than the binary one.
> >
> > I can find there are some binary files in the source zip by using find
> > ./ -name "*.jar"
> >
> > .//tests/camel-itest/lib/org/apache/camel/camel-validator-test-resources/1.0.0/camel-validator-test-resources-1.0.0.jar
> > .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package_scan_test.jar
> > .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package+scan+test.jar
> >
> > I guess these binary files are only used for testing, from my
> > understanding of the Apache release policy[1], we are not supposed to
> > include binary files in the source release kit.
> >
> > [1]http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what
> >
> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Twitter: willemjiang
> > Weibo: 姜宁willem
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:23 PM Gregor Zurowski
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Everyone:
> > >
> > > This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> > > towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> > > fixes.
> > >
> > > Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
> > >
> > > Staging repository:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
> > >
> > > Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
> > >
> > > Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
> > >
> > > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
> > > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gregor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

From the Apache release policy, the source release is endorsed by ASF.
Even lots of user just consume the convenience binary, we still need
to keep the source artifact in a good sharp.

I just created a JIRA[1] to follow the issue.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-13240

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:59 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, we can fix it in next milestone.
> >

> Can you log a JIRA ticket.
>
> Although I dont think anyone uses the big .src zip anymore. Its all
> consumed via maven repos etc.
> And if you wanted to work with the source for a release, then its
> possible better/easier to get it via the tag from the git source repo.
>

> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Twitter: willemjiang
> > Weibo: 姜宁willem
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM Andrea Cosentino
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know if all agree about this, but I think that since this is just a Milestone we can fix this in the next milestone.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Andrea Cosentino
> > > ----------------------------------
> > > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > > Apache Karaf Committer
> > > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > > Email: [hidden email]
> > > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > > Github: oscerd
> > >

> > > On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 2:15:26 PM GMT+1, Willem Jiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > I just checked size of the source zip and binary zip.
> > > It's strange that the source artifact size is twiced than the binary one.
> > >
> > > I can find there are some binary files in the source zip by using find
> > > ./ -name "*.jar"
> > >
> > > .//tests/camel-itest/lib/org/apache/camel/camel-validator-test-resources/1.0.0/camel-validator-test-resources-1.0.0.jar
> > > .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package_scan_test.jar
> > > .//components/camel-spring/src/test/resources/package+scan+test.jar
> > >
> > > I guess these binary files are only used for testing, from my
> > > understanding of the Apache release policy[1], we are not supposed to
> > > include binary files in the source release kit.
> > >
> > > [1]http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#what
> > >
> > > Willem Jiang
> > >
> > > Twitter: willemjiang
> > > Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1 (Milestone 1)

+1 (binding)

I gave the milestone 1 a test spin with the CiA2 source code, which
took some effort to migrate.
However this also helps show-case all corners of Camels that end users
may use, and what effort you may need.

For normal Camel applications there are zero to very limited
migration. deprecated stuff removed etc.
However the biggest is likely that AggregationStrategy interface has
moved. So its not a drop in upgrade.

For component developers then the default classes you extend has also
moved, but they are just gone from impl to support, so the migration
is easy.

Then for AMQ users that use activemq-camel, then you need to move to
camel-activemq instead.

And in XML DSL if you are using <threads> then it no longer has child
outputs (which was a bit of mistake in 2.x) and you just use it like a
<to> etc

This PR shows the migration effort for the CiA2 source code that
others can also use as inspiration
https://github.com/camelinaction/camelinaction2/compare/camel3m1

And then I found a couple of issues, one with camel-cdi and another
when using advice-with and interceptors.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1, the first milestone
> towards a new 3.0.0 major release with currently 366 improvements and
> fixes.
>
> Release notes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315691&projectId=12311211
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/
>
> Tarballs: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/3.0.0-M1/
>
> Tag: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/camel-3.0.0-M1
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 3.0.0-M1
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

12