[VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

nferraro
Hello all:

Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
1.0.0 and
Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.

Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great number
of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.

Runtime staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
Runtime Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0

Camel K staging repository:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
Camel K Tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0

Staging container image repository: https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
/tags

It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
 --olm=false

Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K Runtime
1.3.0

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Nicola Ferraro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

Claus Ibsen-2
+1 (binding)

Tried some of the examples and they work fine.
And really love the speedy new image builder.
And that I can see the command line that started CamelK in the log
(thanks Antonine)

However I noticer the operator pod is taking up a fair bit of memory (59MB).
I dont reall on top of my head seeing it this high before.

❯ k top pods
NAME                                CPU(cores)   MEMORY(bytes)
camel-k-operator-684744944c-vpj5k   2m           59Mi

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:16 PM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
> 1.0.0 and
> Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.
>
> Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great number
> of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
> https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.
>
> Runtime staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> Runtime Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0
>
> Camel K staging repository:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
> Camel K Tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>
> Staging container image repository: https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
> /tags
>
> It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
> kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
>  --olm=false
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K Runtime
> 1.3.0
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicola Ferraro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

Nicola Ferraro-2
If you tried it on Minikube, the new image builder doesn't start a new pod
to download the maven artifacts. This saves a lot of build time, but
requires more memory in the operator pod. Just guessing what can be the
cause..

Nicola

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 9:28 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Tried some of the examples and they work fine.
> And really love the speedy new image builder.
> And that I can see the command line that started CamelK in the log
> (thanks Antonine)
>
> However I noticer the operator pod is taking up a fair bit of memory
> (59MB).
> I dont reall on top of my head seeing it this high before.
>
> ❯ k top pods
> NAME                                CPU(cores)   MEMORY(bytes)
> camel-k-operator-684744944c-vpj5k   2m           59Mi
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:16 PM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all:
> >
> > Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
> > 1.0.0 and
> > Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.
> >
> > Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great
> number
> > of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
> > https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.
> >
> > Runtime staging repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> > Runtime Tag:
> >
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0
> >
> > Camel K staging repository:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
> > Camel K Tag:
> >
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
> >
> > Staging container image repository:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
> > /tags
> >
> > It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
> > kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> >  --olm=false
> >
> > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K
> Runtime
> > 1.3.0
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nicola Ferraro

Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat Fuse

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

Alex Dettinger
+1 (binding)

Tried some examples spanning all runtimes on top of crc/rhel.
Well done guys ! When I think back about early versions, I find that this
1.0.0 candidate gives an impression of speed, reactivity and clarity :)

I've filed https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1505, but that may be a
kind of non-blocking corner case.

Alex

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you tried it on Minikube, the new image builder doesn't start a new pod
> to download the maven artifacts. This saves a lot of build time, but
> requires more memory in the operator pod. Just guessing what can be the
> cause..
>
> Nicola
>
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 9:28 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > Tried some of the examples and they work fine.
> > And really love the speedy new image builder.
> > And that I can see the command line that started CamelK in the log
> > (thanks Antonine)
> >
> > However I noticer the operator pod is taking up a fair bit of memory
> > (59MB).
> > I dont reall on top of my head seeing it this high before.
> >
> > ❯ k top pods
> > NAME                                CPU(cores)   MEMORY(bytes)
> > camel-k-operator-684744944c-vpj5k   2m           59Mi
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:16 PM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all:
> > >
> > > Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
> > > 1.0.0 and
> > > Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.
> > >
> > > Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great
> > number
> > > of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
> > > https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.
> > >
> > > Runtime staging repository:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> > > Runtime Tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0
> > >
> > > Camel K staging repository:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
> > > Camel K Tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
> > >
> > > Staging container image repository:
> > https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
> > > /tags
> > >
> > > It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
> > > kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> > >  --olm=false
> > >
> > > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K
> > Runtime
> > > 1.3.0
> > > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nicola Ferraro
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

> Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat Fuse

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

Guillaume Nodet-2
+1

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

+1 (binding)

Thanks!

Il giorno ven 5 giu 2020 alle ore 22:16 Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hello all:
>
> Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
> 1.0.0 and
> Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.
>
> Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great number
> of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
> https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.
>
> Runtime staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> Runtime Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0
>
> Camel K staging repository:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
> Camel K Tag:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
>
> Staging container image repository:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
> /tags
>
> It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
> kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
>  --olm=false
>
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K
> Runtime
> 1.3.0
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicola Ferraro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

lburgazzoli
+1 (binding)

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

nferraro
+1 (binding)

Nicola

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 07:54, Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Il giorno ven 5 giu 2020 alle ore 22:16 Nicola Ferraro <
> > [hidden email]>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> > > Hello all:
> > >
> > > Finally, we're here. This is a combined vote to release Apache Camel K
> > > 1.0.0 and
> > > Apache Camel K Runtime 1.3.0.
> > >
> > > Camel K is going GA with this 1.0.0 release, which contains a great
> > number
> > > of improvements, as you can see in the release notes:
> > > https://github.com/apache/camel-k/issues/1498#issuecomment-639768554.
> > >
> > > Runtime staging repository:
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> > > Runtime Tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k-runtime.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/camel-k-runtime-parent-1.3.0
> > >
> > > Camel K staging repository:
> > > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/camel/camel-k/1.0.0/
> > > Camel K Tag:
> > >

> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel-k.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/1.0.0
> > >
> > > Staging container image repository:
> > > https://hub.docker.com/r/camelk/camel-k
> > > /tags
> > >
> > > It's possible to install all staging artifacts with a single command:
> > > kamel install --operator-image=camelk/camel-k:1.0.0 --maven-repository=
> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-1219
> > >  --olm=false
> > >
> > > Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Apache Camel K
> > > Runtime
> > > 1.3.0
> > > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> > >
> > > The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nicola Ferraro

> Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel K 1.0.0 and Runtime 1.3.0

nferraro
Thanks for your participation in this vote.

The vote passes with the following results:

+1 binding: 6 (Claus Ibsen, Alex Dettinger, Guillaume Nodet, Andrea
Cosentino, Luca Burgazzoli, Nicola Ferraro)

I am going to publish the artifacts for Camel K 1.0.0 and Camel K Runtime
1.3.0 shortly.

Thanks,
Nicola