Wiretap not firing events?

rwijngaa
Hi,

We use an extension of EventNotifierSupport to log all camel messages (from/to) to Elasticsearch.
This works fine for all routes except for a wiretap route (that sends a newExchange).
This wiretap route does not seem to fire AbstractExchangeEvents. Is this correct? Shouldn't it send these events?

Regards
Rino

Re: Wiretap not firing events?

Ah yeah that is an oversight, we should add the event notifier to do
that as well. You are welcome to log a JIRA

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 2:57 PM, rwijngaa

> We use an extension of EventNotifierSupport to log all camel messages
> (from/to) to Elasticsearch.
> This works fine for all routes except for a wiretap route (that sends a
> newExchange).
> This wiretap route does not seem to fire AbstractExchangeEvents. Is this
> correct? Shouldn't it send these events?
>
> Regards
> Rino

hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Wiretap not firing events?

I was fast and logged a ticket and have a fix in the works

hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: Wiretap not firing events?

rwijngaa
Thanks Claus!

For now, as a workaround (i'm stuck at camel 2.12 for the moment),
i do something like the thing below in my wiretap :

  .process(new Processor() {
     @Override
         // some trick to get the correct endpoint
         EventHelper.notifyExchangeSent(exchange.getContext(), exchange, endpoint, 1000);
     }
  });