add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

Gerald Kallas - mailbox.org
Hi all,

is it possible to add/remove users and roles inside a Camel route (Blueprint DSL) or at least w/ a piece of Java code inside a bean?

Thanks in advance for any hints
- Gerald

Re: add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

jbonofre
Hi,

You mean on a JAAS backend ?

JAAS doesn’t provide anything about that. That’s why in Karaf we have the "backend" service attached to some login modules.
In your Camel route, you can interact with these services (as the jaas:* commands do in Karaf).

Regards
JB

> Le 20 mai 2020 à 19:50, Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to add/remove users and roles inside a Camel route (Blueprint DSL) or at least w/ a piece of Java code inside a bean?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints
> - Gerald

Re: add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

Gerald Kallas - mailbox.org
Tx JB.

So in this case, how can i call the jaas:* service from a Camel route? I did some research but wasn't able to find this ..

Regards
- Gerald

> Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> hat am 20. Mai 2020 20:25 geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> You mean on a JAAS backend ?
>
> JAAS doesn’t provide anything about that. That’s why in Karaf we have the "backend" service attached to some login modules.
> In your Camel route, you can interact with these services (as the jaas:* commands do in Karaf).
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> > Le 20 mai 2020 à 19:50, Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is it possible to add/remove users and roles inside a Camel route (Blueprint DSL) or at least w/ a piece of Java code inside a bean?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any hints
> > - Gerald

Re: add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

Alex Soto
One way to do this is to store the user and role directly in the underlying storage for the JAAS security context.
For example, in the case of the default “karaf” security context, users and roles are stored in the ‘etc/users.properties’ file,  but you may choose to store this in a database table, LDAP server,  etc.

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On May 20, 2020, at 3:48 PM, Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tx JB.
>
> So in this case, how can i call the jaas:* service from a Camel route? I did some research but wasn't able to find this ..
>
> Regards
> - Gerald
>
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> hat am 20. Mai 2020 20:25 geschrieben:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> You mean on a JAAS backend ?
>>
>> JAAS doesn’t provide anything about that. That’s why in Karaf we have the "backend" service attached to some login modules.
>> In your Camel route, you can interact with these services (as the jaas:* commands do in Karaf).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>> Le 20 mai 2020 à 19:50, Gerald Kallas <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> is it possible to add/remove users and roles inside a Camel route (Blueprint DSL) or at least w/ a piece of Java code inside a bean?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any hints
>>> - Gerald

Re: add/remove JAAS users and roles within a Camel route?

Gerald Kallas - mailbox.org
Yes, that’s quite clear. I wonder if there is an access to the OSGi CLI commands jaas:* from a Camel route directly. At the moment I‘m using camel-exec with the karaf client.

Sent by my mobile device
- Gerald Kallas