camel file component writing to persistent volume

camel file component writing to persistent volume

Onder SEZGIN
Hi,

is there any example where camel-file component is accessing persistent
volume and writing files?

thanks
Onder

Re: camel file component writing to persistent volume

The file component just use the java file api so whatever it can
access you can use.

Since you ask about persistence volumes do you think about kubernetes?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:59 AM Onder SEZGIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any example where camel-file component is accessing persistent
> volume and writing files?
>
> thanks
> Onder

Re: camel file component writing to persistent volume

Onder SEZGIN
yes i consider kubernetes though i am using OCP(locally to experiement a
bit), my consideration was to mount a persistent volume which would be
accessible from any pods in the cluster so that i can use that directory to
share such a state of the application pods in the cluster. so plain file
component in my sample camel route could write to the directory and same
route running on another pod would access and see or resume or whatever the
logic it could do. that was my goal honestly.
not sure if i made myself clear enough.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 10:30 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The file component just use the java file api so whatever it can
> access you can use.
>
> Since you ask about persistence volumes do you think about kubernetes?
>
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:59 AM Onder SEZGIN <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there any example where camel-file component is accessing persistent
> > volume and writing files?
> >
> > thanks
> > Onder

Re: camel file component writing to persistent volume

Onder SEZGIN
ok. for reference this link helped me experiment locally.

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2017/04/07/adding-persistent-storage-to-the-container-development-kit-3-0/

fyi