camel-kafka-connector

12

camel-kafka-connector

valdar
Hi,

In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].

The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
camel-kafka-connector repository [2].

I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
expand the use of camel in the streaming world.

So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
Apache Camel’s main
subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).

The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
foundation.

Thoughts ?

Andrea Tarocchi.
Andrea Cosentino.

[1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
[2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector

--
"In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
Andrea Tarocchi
about.me/andrea.tarocchi

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Omar Al-Safi
Hi Andrea,

As I mentioned before, I think this will be very useful and I guess it will
open up new use cases to have camel more appealing into the Kafka ecosystem
and leveraging huge amount of components that we have into Kafka connect.
I can't wait to see it donated officially into asf, I think there will be
bunch of ideas that community can give in order to support this project
better.

Thanks again for this!

Regards,
Omar

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019, 23:49 Andrea Tarocchi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
>
> The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
>
> I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
>
> So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> Apache Camel’s main
> subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
>
> The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> foundation.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> Andrea Tarocchi.
> Andrea Cosentino.
>
> [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector
>
> --
> "In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
> Andrea Tarocchi
> about.me/andrea.tarocchi

Re: camel-kafka-connector

jbonofre

I think it's more a question of demand. If the community expressed an
interest to have Camel running on Karaf Connect, it makes definitely sense.

+1 to have a new Kafka Connect "platform" in Camel (by the way,
regarding Karaf, I will start improvements related to kloud/karaf on
cloud and distribution improvements).

Regards
JB

On 27/11/2019 23:48, Andrea Tarocchi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
>
> The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
>
> I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
>
> So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> Apache Camel’s main
> subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
>
> The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> foundation.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> Andrea Tarocchi.
> Andrea Cosentino.
>
> [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: camel-kafka-connector

+1

This is great to hear that it can come home to ASF. We see an uptake
on Kafka and how to make it work with Camel from Kafka side of things.
So a native Camel kafka connector would be the answer. And open up the
Kafka world to all of those many Camel components.

A new sub-project: camel-kafka-connector

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:49 PM Andrea Tarocchi

> In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
>
> The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
>
> I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
>
> So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> Apache Camel’s main
> subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
>
> The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> foundation.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> Andrea Tarocchi.
> Andrea Cosentino.
>
> [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector
>
> --
> "In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
> Andrea Tarocchi
> about.me/andrea.tarocchi

Re: camel-kafka-connector

lburgazzoli
+1

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> This is great to hear that it can come home to ASF. We see an uptake
> on Kafka and how to make it work with Camel from Kafka side of things.
> So a native Camel kafka connector would be the answer. And open up the
> Kafka world to all of those many Camel components.
>
> A new sub-project: camel-kafka-connector
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:49 PM Andrea Tarocchi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> > integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> > Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> > connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> > data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
> >
> > The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> > camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
> >
> > I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> > the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> > unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> > expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
> >
> > So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> > Apache Camel’s main
> > subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> > we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
> >
> > The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> > donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> > foundation.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > Andrea Tarocchi.
> > Andrea Cosentino.
> >
> > [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> > [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector
> >
> > --
> > "In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
> > Andrea Tarocchi
> > about.me/andrea.tarocchi

Re: camel-kafka-connector

whisky
+1   (+n !)

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 9:57 AM Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> ---
> Luca Burgazzoli
>

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > This is great to hear that it can come home to ASF. We see an uptake
> > on Kafka and how to make it work with Camel from Kafka side of things.
> > So a native Camel kafka connector would be the answer. And open up the
> > Kafka world to all of those many Camel components.
> >
> > A new sub-project: camel-kafka-connector
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:49 PM Andrea Tarocchi
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> > > integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> > > Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> > > connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> > > data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
> > >
> > > The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> > > camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
> > >
> > > I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> > > the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> > > unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> > > expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
> > >
> > > So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> > > Apache Camel’s main
> > > subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> > > we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
> > >
> > > The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> > > donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> > > foundation.
> > >
> > > Thoughts ?
> > >
> > > Andrea Tarocchi.
> > > Andrea Cosentino.
> > >
> > > [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> > > [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector
> > >
> > > --
> > > "In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
> > > Andrea Tarocchi
> > > about.me/andrea.tarocchi
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Andrea Cosentino-3
If we all agree, we can start the process of moving the code as soon as
possible.

Il giorno gio 28 nov 2019 alle ore 11:01 Vincent Nonnenmacher <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> +1   (+n !)
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 9:57 AM Luca Burgazzoli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > ---
> > Luca Burgazzoli
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > This is great to hear that it can come home to ASF. We see an uptake
> > > on Kafka and how to make it work with Camel from Kafka side of things.
> > > So a native Camel kafka connector would be the answer. And open up the
> > > Kafka world to all of those many Camel components.
> > >
> > > A new sub-project: camel-kafka-connector

> Software

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Francois Papon
It would be very nice to have this as a subproject in Camel!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 27/11/2019 à 23:48, Andrea Tarocchi a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
>
> The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
>
> I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
>
> So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> Apache Camel’s main
> subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
>
> The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> foundation.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> Andrea Tarocchi.
> Andrea Cosentino.
>
> [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Nicola Ferraro
+1

It would be awesome to have it as official Apache Camel subproject.

Nicola

Il gio 28 nov 2019, 11:07 Francois Papon <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> It would be very nice to have this as a subproject in Camel!
>
> regards,
>
> François
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 27/11/2019 à 23:48, Andrea Tarocchi a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> > integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> > Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> > connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> > data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
> >
> > The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> > camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
> >
> > I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> > the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> > unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> > expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
> >
> > So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> > Apache Camel’s main
> > subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> > we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
> >
> > The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> > donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> > foundation.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > Andrea Tarocchi.
> > Andrea Cosentino.
> >
> > [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> > [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector

Re: camel-kafka-connector

+1, yeah lets first create a JIRA ticket in CAMEL and then lets work
with INFRA to get a new sub project for Apache Camel.
So we have a git repo ready that is mirrored to github, so we can work
on this just like camel-k, camel-quarkus etc.

Whom can help with this?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> It would be awesome to have it as official Apache Camel subproject.
>
> Nicola
>
> Il gio 28 nov 2019, 11:07 Francois Papon <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > It would be very nice to have this as a subproject in Camel!
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > François
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > Le 27/11/2019 à 23:48, Andrea Tarocchi a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In the past months, some folks at Red Hat have been working on the
> > > integration between Apache Camel and Kafka Connect.
> > > Kafka Connect, an open source component of Kafka, is a framework for
> > > connecting Kafka with external systems and in a nutshell to inject
> > > data in and out of a Kafka broker [1].
> > >
> > > The result of the polishing of the initial PoC is available in the
> > > camel-kafka-connector repository [2].
> > >
> > > I do believe that making camel appealing to be used directly inside
> > > the Kafka ecosystem would be beneficial for our community. Providing
> > > unmatched external system connectivity capabilities to Kafka would
> > > expand the use of camel in the streaming world.
> > >
> > > So I’m proposing to officially support camel-kafka-connect as an
> > > Apache Camel’s main
> > > subproject that could be regarded as a new platform along with those
> > > we support as today (Spring Boot, Karaf and recently Quarkus).
> > >
> > > The original contributors, on behalf of which I speak, are keen to
> > > donate the code hosted in the repository at [2] to the Apache Software
> > > foundation.
> > >
> > > Thoughts ?
> > >
> > > Andrea Tarocchi.
> > > Andrea Cosentino.
> > >
> > > [1] https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect
> > > [2] https://github.com/jboss-fuse/camel-kafka-connector

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Omar Al-Safi
Hi Claus,

I can help on this one with INFRA to get this project to asf. Does it have
to be a PMC to do this?

created the initial JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-14249

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:44 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Claus,
>
> I can help on this one with INFRA to get this project to asf. Does it have
> to be a PMC to do this?

No I would imagine so. Anyone can help. So thanks for stepping up.

There are things besides the initial source code dump, is to go over
and make it (c) ASF and all of that.
And then also integrate it with the camel website, so it becomes an
item in the projects menu etc, and other things.

dkulp@apache.org

> +1, yeah lets first create a JIRA ticket in CAMEL and then lets work
> with INFRA to get a new sub project for Apache Camel.
> So we have a git repo ready that is mirrored to github, so we can work
> on this just like camel-k, camel-quarkus etc.
>
> Whom can help with this?

The INFRA part of this is easy:  it’s now all self service.

Go to: https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>
And click the “Create new” button and follow the prompts.   In less than 5 minutes, an empty git repo will be created, mirrored, etc….  Then it’s just a matter of pushing the code into that repo.

The issue is whether the code is significant enough that the PMC feels a grant/ip-clearance is necessary.     If so, we would need the proper forms and such filled out and filed with the incubator.  See:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>

That’s not a huge mount of work, just needs someone from RedHat to do it.   There is only 5 contributors to the camel-kafka-connector so it should just require permission from those 5.

Dan

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> It would be awesome to have it as official Apache Camel subproject.
>>
>> Nicola
>>
>> Il gio 28 nov 2019, 11:07 Francois Papon <[hidden email]> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>>> It would be very nice to have this as a subproject in Camel!
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> François
>>> [hidden email]

Daniel Kulp
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <http://dankulp.com/blog>
Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Otavio Rodolfo Piske
Hello,

excited about having the Camel Kafka Connector as a sub-project of Camel.
Looking forward contributing to it!

I'd like to step in and offer help. I've already been contributing to this
project to some extent. I'm more than happy to extend it to anything that
can help the project to get started.

If there's a list of activities involved (ie.: site, project documentation,
etc), I can certainly keep an eye on them and start sending PRs for it.

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 6:12 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:44 PM Omar Al-Safi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Claus,
> >
> > I can help on this one with INFRA to get this project to asf. Does it
> have
> > to be a PMC to do this?
> >

> No I would imagine so. Anyone can help. So thanks for stepping up.
>
> There are things besides the initial source code dump, is to go over
> and make it (c) ASF and all of that.
> And then also integrate it with the camel website, so it becomes an
> item in the projects menu etc, and other things.
>

> > On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:38 PM Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > +1, yeah lets first create a JIRA ticket in CAMEL and then lets work
> > > with INFRA to get a new sub project for Apache Camel.
> > > So we have a git repo ready that is mirrored to github, so we can work
> > > on this just like camel-k, camel-quarkus etc.
> > >
> > > Whom can help with this?

> [hidden email]>
> > > ha

> the
> for
> inject

> the

> inside
> Providing
> would

> those

> > > Software

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Frankly I don't think an IP clearance is needed, I don't know what the
other contributors think, but it's a PoC actually

Il mar 3 dic 2019, 20:04 Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> > +1, yeah lets first create a JIRA ticket in CAMEL and then lets work
> > with INFRA to get a new sub project for Apache Camel.
> > So we have a git repo ready that is mirrored to github, so we can work
> > on this just like camel-k, camel-quarkus etc.
> >
> > Whom can help with this?
>
> The INFRA part of this is easy:  it’s now all self service.
>
> Go to: https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>
> And click the “Create new” button and follow the prompts.   In less than 5
> minutes, an empty git repo will be created, mirrored, etc….  Then it’s just
> a matter of pushing the code into that repo.
>
> The issue is whether the code is significant enough that the PMC feels a
> grant/ip-clearance is necessary.     If so, we would need the proper forms
> and such filled out and filed with the incubator.  See:
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html <
> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>
>
> That’s not a huge mount of work, just needs someone from RedHat to do it.
>  There is only 5 contributors to the camel-kafka-connector so it should
> just require permission from those 5.
>

> Dan
>

> > On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM Nicola Ferraro <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1
> >>
> >> It would be awesome to have it as official Apache Camel subproject.
> >>
> >> Nicola
> >>
> >> Il gio 28 nov 2019, 11:07 Francois Papon <[hidden email]>
> ha

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

> Daniel Kulp
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> http://dankulp.com/blog>
> Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Jon Anstey
Yeah, IMO we don't need to go through the incubator grant/ip-clearance. All
5 contributors are from Red Hat so we don't need to track down anybody else
to give a +1. Would it help if all contributors chimed in here with a +1?

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frankly I don't think an IP clearance is needed, I don't know what the
> other contributors think, but it's a PoC actually
>
> Il mar 3 dic 2019, 20:04 Daniel Kulp <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>

> > > +1, yeah lets first create a JIRA ticket in CAMEL and then lets work
> > > with INFRA to get a new sub project for Apache Camel.
> > > So we have a git repo ready that is mirrored to github, so we can work
> > > on this just like camel-k, camel-quarkus etc.
> > >
> > > Whom can help with this?
> >
> > The INFRA part of this is easy:  it’s now all self service.
> >
> > Go to: https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>
> > And click the “Create new” button and follow the prompts.   In less than
> 5
> > minutes, an empty git repo will be created, mirrored, etc….  Then it’s
> just
> > a matter of pushing the code into that repo.
> >
> > The issue is whether the code is significant enough that the PMC feels a
> > grant/ip-clearance is necessary.     If so, we would need the proper
> forms
> > and such filled out and filed with the incubator.  See:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html <
> > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>
> >
> > That’s not a huge mount of work, just needs someone from RedHat to do it.
> >  There is only 5 contributors to the camel-kafka-connector so it should
> > just require permission from those 5.
> >

> > Dan

> [hidden email]>
> > ha

> Software

> > > --
> > > Claus Ibsen
> > > -----------------
> > > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
> > > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> > http://dankulp.com/blog>
> > Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>

--
Cheers,
Jon
Camel in Action:
https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Andrea Cosentino-3
+1 to avoid ip clearance for me.

Il mar 3 dic 2019, 20:49 Jon Anstey <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Yeah, IMO we don't need to go through the incubator grant/ip-clearance. All
> 5 contributors are from Red Hat so we don't need to track down anybody else
> to give a +1. Would it help if all contributors chimed in here with a +1?
>

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 4:06 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Frankly I don't think an IP clearance is needed, I don't know what the
> > other contributors think, but it's a PoC actually

> work

> > > The INFRA part of this is easy:  it’s now all self service.
> > >
> > > Go to: https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>
> > > And click the “Create new” button and follow the prompts.   In less
> than
> > 5
> > > minutes, an empty git repo will be created, mirrored, etc….  Then it’s
> > just
> > > a matter of pushing the code into that repo.
> > >
> > > The issue is whether the code is significant enough that the PMC feels
> > > grant/ip-clearance is necessary.     If so, we would need the proper
> > forms
> > > and such filled out and filed with the incubator.  See:
> > > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html <
> > > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>
> > >
> > > That’s not a huge mount of work, just needs someone from RedHat to do
> it.
> > >  There is only 5 contributors to the camel-kafka-connector so it should
> > > just require permission from those 5.
> > >

> > > Dan

> [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]>
> > > ha

> for

> inside
> Providing

> those

> > Software

> > > --
> > > Daniel Kulp
> > > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> - http://dankulp.com/blog <
> > > http://dankulp.com/blog>
> > > Talend Community Coder - http://talend.com <http://coders.talend.com/>
> > >

> --
> Cheers,
> Jon
> ---------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: [hidden email]
> Web: http://redhat.com
> Twitter: jon_anstey
> Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
> Camel in Action:
> https://www.manning.com/books/camel-in-action-second-edition

Re: camel-kafka-connector

Andrea Cosentino-3
Any comment on ip clearance?

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:58 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 to avoid ip clearance for me.

+1 its similar to the code donation of camel-quarkus