camel-sjms support for JMS 2 in OSGI

yogu13
Hello,

I looked into the manifest of the camel-sjms component and found that for now it is based on jms 1.1. Considering nothing much has changed in JMS 2, can the sjms component's manifest reflect jms version range till 3 (similar to camel jms). This way the compatibility with JMS 1.1 wouldn't be broken.

I havent tried changing the manifest and checking out if it really works.. I can proceed ahead (raise a JIRa and contribute) on this if the support is needed and makes sense.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: camel-sjms support for JMS 2 in OSGI

astefanutti
Hi Yogesh,

As JMS 2 API is backward compatible I think that make sense.

Antonin

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 09:28, yogu13 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I looked into the manifest of the camel-sjms component and found that for
> now it is based on jms 1.1. Considering nothing much has changed in JMS 2,
> can the sjms component's manifest reflect jms version range till 3 (similar
> to camel jms). This way the compatibility with JMS 1.1 wouldn't be broken.
>
> I havent tried changing the manifest and checking out if it really works.. I
> can proceed ahead (raise a JIRa and contribute) on this if the support is
> needed and makes sense.
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh

Re: camel-sjms support for JMS 2 in OSGI

yogu13
Thanks Antonin!

I will wait for couple of more feedbacks before i raise the JIRA.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: camel-sjms support for JMS 2 in OSGI

Yeah I think that would be possible. And I assume you are talking
about the OSGi manifest?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM, yogu13 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Antonin!
>
> I will wait for couple of more feedbacks before i raise the JIRA.
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh

Re: camel-sjms support for JMS 2 in OSGI

yogu13
Hello Claus,

Yes.. its the OSGI manifest. I will create a JIRA for the same.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Generated a pull request -> https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/768