camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Pascal Schumacher
Hi,

after the Camel Spring Boot artifacts where moved into a separate
repository it looks like snapshot artifacts are no longer published to
the Apache Foundation Maven repository.

What do you think about restoring the publication?

Thanks,

Pascal

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Andrea Cosentino-3
The best way is always build camel  actually and always run a build of
camel-,spring-boot

Il sab 8 feb 2020, 17:12 Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
> after the Camel Spring Boot artifacts where moved into a separate
> repository it looks like snapshot artifacts are no longer published to
> the Apache Foundation Maven repository.
>
> What do you think about restoring the publication?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pascal

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Zoran Regvart-2
Hi Cameleers,
I think this brings about another topic, that I talked about with
Andrea briefly on Gitter, how do we manage the drift between
camel-spring-boot and the changes made in Camel (main repository).
What we came up with was to trigger the build of Camel Spring Boot
after the build of Camel.

Since the majority of Spring Boot code is auto generated and committed
to the git repository, the code generated at build could differ from
the code in the git repository. For this we thought of attaching a
patch as one of the build artefacts from building Camel Spring Boot.
Then one of the committers would need to take that patch and
apply/commit it to camel-spring-boot.

Does that make sense?

As an alternative, we could consider not committing the generated code
and have it generated/packaged only at build time.

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Onder SEZGIN
Hi,
I would prefer build time.
otherwise maintenance headache IMHO.
but there should be somehow a pipeline or something to test the build if
there would a chance of change in code generation logic.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Zoran Regvart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cameleers,
> I think this brings about another topic, that I talked about with
> Andrea briefly on Gitter, how do we manage the drift between
> camel-spring-boot and the changes made in Camel (main repository).
> What we came up with was to trigger the build of Camel Spring Boot
> after the build of Camel.
>
> Since the majority of Spring Boot code is auto generated and committed
> to the git repository, the code generated at build could differ from
> the code in the git repository. For this we thought of attaching a
> patch as one of the build artefacts from building Camel Spring Boot.
> Then one of the committers would need to take that patch and
> apply/commit it to camel-spring-boot.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> As an alternative, we could consider not committing the generated code
> and have it generated/packaged only at build time.
>
> zoran
>
> On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 5:14 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The best way is always build camel  actually and always run a build of
> > camel-,spring-boot
> >
> > Il sab 8 feb 2020, 17:12 Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after the Camel Spring Boot artifacts where moved into a separate
> > > repository it looks like snapshot artifacts are no longer published to
> > > the Apache Foundation Maven repository.
> > >
> > > What do you think about restoring the publication?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Pascal

> Zoran Regvart

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Andrea Cosentino-3
There is a github action now trying to align to camel master and open pr.
The best way actually is building btw

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:42 PM Andrea Cosentino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is a github action now trying to align to camel master and open pr.
> The best way actually is building btw

I agree, less work and easier to review and commit from an actual
committer. Thanks Andrea for working on this!

zoran
Zoran Regvart

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

valdar
The GitHub action, since yesterday, should be doing his work each midnight.

Here is the first successfully merged PR generated by the action:
https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot/pull/11

we can increase the frequency if needed (actually we could also do it
event-based but that requires a PAT GitHub token than I am not sure infra
can generate with a "project user")

Regards,
Andrea.

--
"In a world without walls and fences who needs Windows and Gates?"
<https://about.me/andrea.tarocchi?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=edit_panel&utm_content=thumb>
about.me/andrea.tarocchi
<https://about.me/andrea.tarocchi?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=edit_panel&utm_content=thumb>

Re: camel-spring-boot: Snapshot artifacts no longer available?

Zoran Regvart-2
This is really helpful :)

Thanks for working on this Andrea & Andrea!

zoran