getting ready for 1.5 and 2.0

jstrachan
We've a mighty 122 issues resolved in 1.5 so far...
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

So I think we should start trying to clear up as many of the
bugs/issues in 1.5 ASAP and moving most of the new features back to
2.0 so we can release it then start turning our attention to getting
2.0 out.

I've created a wiki page to summarise the main focus of 2.0
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Camel+2.0+Design

As always, thoughts most welcome!

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: getting ready for 1.5 and 2.0

How about we fork a 1.x branch , where we can fix the 1.x issues, and the
trunk will be 2.0 snapshot.
In this way, we can start the 2.x developement right now.

Any thoughts?

Willem

2008/9/4 Willem Jiang <[hidden email]>:
> How about we fork a 1.x branch , where we can fix the 1.x issues, and the
> trunk will be 2.0 snapshot.
> In this way, we can start the 2.x developement right now.
>
> Any thoughts?

We could for sure. I figured we could all try get 1.5 out ASAP, then
we can maintain a 1.x branch if we need to release bug fixes for 1.x.

But if folks are itching to hack on 2.0 now, lets create a 2.x branch :)

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

RE: [SPAM] Re: getting ready for 1.5 and 2.0

I would like to wait before forking. Camel 2.0 should be developed in the dark fall/winter ;)

I am sure you guys are also busy with the acquisition and what comes in such a scenario.

I propose to fork after 1.5 final and then create a 1.x branch for hot fixes.

Med venlig hilsen

Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576

2008/9/4 Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]>:
> Hi
>
> I would like to wait before forking. Camel 2.0 should be developed in the dark fall/winter ;)
>
> I am sure you guys are also busy with the acquisition and what comes in such a scenario.
>
> I propose to fork after 1.5 final and then create a 1.x branch for hot fixes.

Yeah - I like to try and minimise work branching/merging where
possible. So I'd rather trunk becomes 2.0 as soon as we release 1.5 &
we can make a 1.x branch whenever we need to make a change to the
1.5.0 code.

But if folks want to hack something or experiment on a branch they're
happy to do that & they can merge their stuff into trunk when it
becomes the 2.0 branch.

http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

RE: [SPAM] RE: [SPAM] Re: getting ready for 1.5 and 2.0

Oh and I would like to avoid too many merges from 1.5 to 2.0, especially if the 2.0 codebase requires manually merge.

Med venlig hilsen

Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning