how to configure Camel transport for CXF with Blueprint

how to configure Camel transport for CXF with Blueprint

Hans-Juergen May
The Documentation of Camel transport for CXF

https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/cxf-transport.html

says, the configuration of Camel transport for CXF with with blueprint
looks like:

client:
<camel:conduit id="*.camel-conduit" camelContextId="camel1" />

server:
<camel:destination id="*.camel-destination" camelContextId="camel1" />

But Blueprint complaints:

'*.camel-destination' is not a valid value for 'NCname'.

Same for '*.camel-conduit' .

If I leave out the id attribute, the CXF client or CXF server starts
up. But when called, it doesn't find the Camel context.

As CXF client, org.apache.camel.component.cxf.transport.CamelConduit says

IllegalAgumentException "CamelContext must be specified on: conduit:"

As CXF server, org.apache.camel.component.cxf.transport.CamelDestination says

IllegalAgumentException "CamelContext must be specified on:"

The config attribute "name", that is used with Spring XML for CXF
Camel transport, is also not working. Here the error message:

Attribute 'name' is not allowed to appear in element 'conduit'

Running on Camel 2.17.0 / Fuse 6.3.

Does anybody know how I must configure CXF transport for Camel in Blueprint?

Re: how to configure Camel transport for CXF with Blueprint

Andrea Cosentino-3
The documentation you're pointing is for Camel 3, latest.

You need to refer to Fuse documentation for Red Hat Fuse. Don't mix the two
different docs.

Il giorno lun 23 mar 2020 alle ore 17:56 Hans-Juergen May <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> The Documentation of Camel transport for CXF
>
> https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/cxf-transport.html
>
> says, the configuration of Camel transport for CXF with with blueprint
> looks like:
>
> client:
> <camel:conduit id="*.camel-conduit" camelContextId="camel1" />
>
> server:
> <camel:destination id="*.camel-destination" camelContextId="camel1" />
>
> But Blueprint complaints:
>
> '*.camel-destination' is not a valid value for 'NCname'.
>
> Same for '*.camel-conduit' .
>
> If I leave out the id attribute, the CXF client or CXF server starts
> up. But when called, it doesn't find the Camel context.
>
> As CXF client, org.apache.camel.component.cxf.transport.CamelConduit says
>
> IllegalAgumentException "CamelContext must be specified on: conduit:"
>
> As CXF server, org.apache.camel.component.cxf.transport.CamelDestination
> says
>
> IllegalAgumentException "CamelContext must be specified on:"
>
> The config attribute "name", that is used with Spring XML for CXF
> Camel transport, is also not working. Here the error message:
>
> Attribute 'name' is not allowed to appear in element 'conduit'
>
> Running on Camel 2.17.0 / Fuse 6.3.
>
> Does anybody know how I must configure CXF transport for Camel in
> Blueprint?

Re: how to configure Camel transport for CXF with Blueprint

Hans-Juergen May
Hi Andrea,

thank you for your fast response.

Fuse 6.3 is not Camel latest, this is correct, of course.
Unfortunately the cxf-transport component is not officially documented
and thus supported by Red Hat.
But since Fuse 6.3 is based on Camel 2.17.0, cxf-transport component
is there, in Fuse, and it is not forbidden to use it, I assume.

As far as I can see from the Camel code history, the configuration of
cxf-transport didn't change from Camel 2.17.0 up to now, Camel 3.1.
And the basic functionality didn't change either.

It looks to me that the configuration for cxf-transport with Blueprint
XML is broken in current Camel (where cxf-transport is documented) as
well as in older Red Hat Fuse 6.3 (where it isn't documented). But
maybe I just don't understand it, I'm not sure.

Regards
Hans