how to get jetty logging to debug cxfrs servce 500

how to get jetty logging to debug cxfrs servce 500

toomanyedwards
Hi all,
I am attempting to define a rest service using camel DSL.  When I start my camel context with my route and attempt an HTTP GET to my endpoint I am getting a 500 and it's not making it to any of my processors so I think the issue may be happening internal to Jetty.  Maybe I'm missing a dependency, etc.?   How to turn on logging for the embedded Jetty used by camel to I can get an idea of what's going on here?  Any other suggestions on how to debug are appreciated.  Thanks!

Here's the start of my service route:

from(
   "cxfrs:http://localhost:8090/hello?resourceClasses=" +
   MyCxfRsResourceClass.class.getName() +
   "&bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer"
)....

and here's my resource class:

public class MyCxfRsResourceClass
{
                /**
                 *  No-op. Annotations and parameters used for service configuration only
                 *
                 * @param request
                 * @return
                 */
                @GET
            public static String get(String request){return null;}

Re: how to get jetty logging to debug cxfrs servce 500

Sergey Beryozkin
Hi

 >    public static String get(String request){return null;}

Remove 'static', that might help. Besides, you can use an interface only
(with this from option, and with cxfrs:endpoint with the latest Camel),
and actually invoke on your bean, though for this case it is not needed...

HTH,
Sergey

On 23/10/15 09:22, toomanyedwards wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am attempting to define a rest service using camel DSL.  When I start my
> camel context with my route and attempt an HTTP GET to my endpoint I am
> getting a 500 and it's not making it to any of my processors so I think the
> issue may be happening internal to Jetty.  Maybe I'm missing a dependency,
> etc.?   How to turn on logging for the embedded Jetty used by camel to I can
> get an idea of what's going on here?  Any other suggestions on how to debug
> are appreciated.  Thanks!
>
> Here's the start of my service route:
>
> from(
>     "cxfrs:http://localhost:8090/hello?resourceClasses=" +
>     MyCxfRsResourceClass.class.getName() +
>     "&bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer"
> )....
>
> and here's my resource class:
>
> public class MyCxfRsResourceClass
> {
> /**
> *  No-op. Annotations and parameters used for service configuration only
> *
> * @param request
> * @return
> */
> @GET
>    public static String get(String request){return null;}
> }

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/