loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO

Martin Gilday
Hi,
Was it a conscious decision to make
errorHandler(loggingErrorHandler("my.logger.name")); to configure a
logger which has its level set to INFO?  From the name I would really
think it should default to ERROR, seeing as it logs whenever an
exception is caught i.e an error.  On our live servers we get emailed on
ERROR and I onlu noticed the queue had been failing when I looked at the
JMX console.  I know that I can change this by calling .setLevel but I
think ERROR would be a much more sensible default.  If anyone else
agrees then I can create a JIRA and attach a patch (it should only be a
one line change in LoggingErrorHandlerBuilder).

Martin.

RE: loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO

Claus Ibsen
+1

Med venlig hilsen

Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576

Martin.

RE: loggingErrorHandler defaults to INFO

Martin Gilday
Created https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-964
Please see the comment about the changes to the builder methods on
LoggingErrorHandlerBuilder for level and log.  I feel it mjust have been
a mistake to have the current methods returning void as it breaks the
chain when writing Camel routes.