message converter vs message translator

volenin
Hi,

I'm new to Camel and reviewing the documentation right now. I've noticed
that there are basically two ways to transform a message - using EIP message
translator or Camel annotation based message converter. Looks like both of
them are achieving pretty much the same goal, the difference being only in
the semantics and implementation strategy.

Am I correct to make such assumption? Are there any specific use cases which
should be implemented / more practical to implement this or the other way?

Thanks,

Vlad