"Jetty vs Servlet" in web application

Milli
Hi everyone,

In our project we are planning to use camel for web request routing /
orchestration.
Its basically a web project (more like proxy server) talking to several
other local/internal web-services to prepare the final response to the
requester.

Can some suggest us, what is the best way to consume the web requests ?

I believe its possible in camel with several options :

   - With servlet-listenter + servlet component combination
   - With Jetty component
   - any other way ???

It would be really helpful if some has done this before and can guide us
through this.
Any pointers like pros and cons also well appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-Gowri Shankar

Re: "Jetty vs Servlet" in web application

Milli
By the way, I forgot to mention that we are trying to avoid using "Spring"
as a dependency.

Thanks,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Milli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In our project we are planning to use camel for web request routing /
> orchestration.
> Its basically a web project (more like proxy server) talking to several
> other local/internal web-services to prepare the final response to the
> requester.
>
> Can some suggest us, what is the best way to consume the web requests ?
>
> I believe its possible in camel with several options :
>
>    - With servlet-listenter + servlet component combination
>    - With Jetty component
>    - any other way ???
>
> It would be really helpful if some has done this before and can guide us
> through this.
> Any pointers like pros and cons also well appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Gowri Shankar

Re: "Jetty vs Servlet" in web application

Charles Moulliard-2
Hi Gowri,

The Apache Camel framework proposes different components that you could use
to :
- produce (= emit HTTP calls) = HTTP, HTTP4, Netty HTTP, AHC (for async
exchange)
- consume (= expose HTTP Web container) = Jetty (to instantiate a new Web
Container), Servlet (= to register the Camel servlet into an existing Web
Container)

Regards,

Charles

--