sjms component ttl does not seem to work

sjms component ttl does not seem to work

kevin
I am using the SJMS component and I have configured the endpoint uri "sjms:queue:foo?ttl=5000" in my route. Using ActiveMq as the broker but the message never expires as expected after 5 seconds.
   from("dirext:start").to("sjms:queue:foo?ttl=5000")

Note, using the same broker with the JMS component and I set the time to live on the component when crating the camel context, and this works fine.
      JmsComponent component = JmsComponent.jmsComponentClientAcknowledge(factory);
      component.setTimeToLive(5000);

Am I doing something wrong with SJMS or is this a bug?

Thanks for the help,
Kevin

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

Claus Ibsen-2
What Camel version do you use?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:24 AM, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using the SJMS component and I have configured the endpoint uri
> "sjms:queue:foo?ttl=5000" in my route. Using ActiveMq as the broker but the
> message never expires as expected after 5 seconds.
>    from("dirext:start").to("sjms:queue:foo?ttl=5000")
>

> Note, using the same broker with the JMS component and I set the time to
> live on the component when crating the camel context, and this works fine.
>       JmsComponent component =
> JmsComponent.jmsComponentClientAcknowledge(factory);
>       component.setTimeToLive(5000);
>
> Am I doing something wrong with SJMS or is this a bug?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Kevin

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

kevin
Sorry, I should have included the version in my original post.
I'm using Camel version 2.12.2. with ActiveMQ broker 5.9.0

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

ceposta
I can recreate this. I'll take a look at why...

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:30 AM, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have included the version in my original post.
> I'm using Camel version 2.12.2. with ActiveMQ broker 5.9.0

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

ceposta
Yah, seems SJMS makes a lot of assumptions for you.
Ignoring persistence/ttl for sending to queues (and defaulting to
"PERSISTENT" and no TTL) seems to have been done on purpose.
Maybe we can get Scott ES (created the component) to comment?

twitter: @christianposta

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

ceposta
Just talked to Scott. This is a bug. I've open a Jira for you here:

Will work on a patch shortly.

--
Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

kevin
Thank you for the quick response, I'll keep an eye out for the patch.

Fixed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7230

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for the quick response, I'll keep an eye out for the patch.

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: sjms component ttl does not seem to work

sully6768
Thanks for the patch Christian.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Christian Posta
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Fixed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7230
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thank you for the quick response, I'll keep an eye out for the patch.

> Christian Posta
> http://www.christianposta.com/blog
> twitter: @christianposta

Scott England-Sullivan
Apache Camel Committer
Principal Consultant / Sr. Architect | Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Web:     fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com> |
redhat.com<http://www.redhat.com>
Blog:     sully6768.blogspot.com