sql component with missing protocol features

sql component with missing protocol features

Tal Glanzman
hi, am facing some difficulties using the sql components to consume data
from a server which is not PosgtreSQL, but (attempts) to implement it's
protocol.

i am facing one of two issues, each with a contradicting solution to the
other issue.

on the one hand, the protocol implementation doesn't support parameters
count inference through the JDBC Api - so, as described in
the documentation [1], this is what "parametersCount" is for.

one the other hand, the protocol also doesn't implement passing parameters,
the query is parameter-less. It try to set parametersCount to 0 but it then
invokes the previous issue because (as stated in the docs) of the check
[2].

any way to bypass this (tricks are welcome)? i have tried -
- setting parametersCount to 1 for example, and i get an error (obvious) of
a mismatch in parameters counts [3].
- setting parametersCount with value in "CamelSqlParameters" in header, but
another assertion fails...
- searching, and without a find if i can provide my own implementation
overriding the checks

some references
- [1] https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/sql-component.html
- [2] count check
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/78fab1d72b1361be220fd0954dd86c59c67046a6/components/camel-sql/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/sql/SqlProducer.java#L127

- [3] mismatch error
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/815479dd665d2c241af0710064b1840a500ace5b/components/camel-sql/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/sql/DefaultSqlPrepareStatementStrategy.java#L203

thanks in advance!

Re: sql component with missing protocol features

Maybe in this case use plain JDBC code if that "database" is not compliant.
And can you tell us more what this "database" is and from which vendor?

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 4:18 PM Tal Glanzman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi, am facing some difficulties using the sql components to consume data
> from a server which is not PosgtreSQL, but (attempts) to implement it's
> protocol.
>
> i am facing one of two issues, each with a contradicting solution to the
> other issue.
>
> on the one hand, the protocol implementation doesn't support parameters
> count inference through the JDBC Api - so, as described in
> the documentation [1], this is what "parametersCount" is for.
>
> one the other hand, the protocol also doesn't implement passing parameters,
> the query is parameter-less. It try to set parametersCount to 0 but it then
> invokes the previous issue because (as stated in the docs) of the check
> [2].
>
> any way to bypass this (tricks are welcome)? i have tried -
> - setting parametersCount to 1 for example, and i get an error (obvious) of
> a mismatch in parameters counts [3].
> - setting parametersCount with value in "CamelSqlParameters" in header, but
> another assertion fails...
> - searching, and without a find if i can provide my own implementation
> overriding the checks
>
> some references
> - [1] https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/sql-component.html
> - [2] count check
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/78fab1d72b1361be220fd0954dd86c59c67046a6/components/camel-sql/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/sql/SqlProducer.java#L127
>
> - [3] mismatch error
> https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/815479dd665d2c241af0710064b1840a500ace5b/components/camel-sql/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/sql/DefaultSqlPrepareStatementStrategy.java#L203
>
> thanks in advance!

Re: sql component with missing protocol features

Tal Glanzman
Thank you for the quick response,

by plain JDBC code, you mean JDBC component i assume (..?). Will try that!
trying to query this https://github.com/hyrise/hyrise